Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

33 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

That Swine thread already being in the most popular topics of the week list :jonnycat: Let's gooo ARTPOP.

Aaaaannd they closed it

• Replies 144.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

That vomit perfoemance going "viral"... Welp, just in time for ARTPOP 10th Anniversary then.

I've never liked celebrity biopics. There's something ominous about depicting a real life person's life, imitating their appearance, how they talked and presented themselves infront of the camera. Especially the dead ones who can't even give consent anymore. Blonde, that Elvis biopic, the Freddy Mercury one, Amy etc. I hope Gaga never does a biopic

Edited by FailSafe

3 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Simulating sex with R.Kelly on stage, being puked on, filming a music video and then not releasing it, switching singles at the last second and getting nominated for a razzie for machete kills. All in a 3-4 month period of time. I don’t think any artists could survive that and become an Oscar nominated actress 5 years later. Wannabe legends should study Gaga’s career from 2014-2018

Iconic is the only word I can use to describe her 

spacer.png

to be honest most of the backlash was just bandwagons

i love the SXSW puke performance tbh it's so better executed and raw and authentic than most of the performances during that era... it's literally masterpiece comparing to say X Factor UK and SNL during that era :deadbanana2:

Edited by truthteller

3 hours ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Ok but that Swine performance is one of my favorites from her tbh, the first time I saw it i was completely shocked and disgusted, even angry, but that's what Gaga wanted the public to feel, the song is about sexual assault and Gaga wanted the public to feel what she felt after being r4p3d, not many mainstream artist would dare to make a performance like this but that's what makes Gaga unique and legendary, mama this is ART

Hx1YSjS.gif

YAASSSSS bestie. say it out loud. she turned an underground grindhouse type of art onto the mainstream big stage to channel her most authentic, raw, angry and fragile feelings. that was a moment. that was what ARTPOP stands for.

Hx1YSjS.gif

not the coordinated OGH-Conservative (basically the same thing) campaign to resurface that video :redface:

59 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

she'll drop another Republican'd album if ARTPOP keeps going viral

HSgkRC1.gif

she's already doing Love For Sale and another jFAD jazz project. please....

Hx1YSjS.gif

JohnWayneHolland
8 minutes ago, truthteller said:

YAASSSSS bestie. say it out loud. she turned an underground grindhouse type of art onto the mainstream big stage to channel her most authentic, raw, angry and fragile feelings. that was a moment. that was what ARTPOP stands for.

Hx1YSjS.gif

And that's why ARTPOP is one of my favorite albums from her, it's Gaga in her Gagaest moment, she didn't give a single ****

Hx1YSjS.gif

Wasn't "Beautiful chaos" a rumoured title for whatever the White roses/Private in public thing was. 

I still remember the GGD chat when the puke performance was happening :ahh: It was something no other pop girl would do, or even male artists, nobody has the balls to do it, a song about rap* making you feel exhausted, sick, disgusted, it was genius. 

1 hour ago, FailSafe said:

I've never liked celebrity biopics. There's something ominous about depicting a real life person's life, imitating their appearance, how they talked and presented themselves infront of the camera. Especially the dead ones who can't even give consent anymore. Blonde, that Elvis biopic, the Freddy Mercury one, Amy etc. I hope Gaga never does a biopic

spacer.png

It's too late for that.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

Let's do a line by line IWBWY vs DOPE battle

I won't be right without you vs My heart would break without you
and I might break without you vs might not awake with you

I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and alone vs been hurting low from living high for so long

i'll write hit songs about you vs I'm sorry and I love you

no matter how we'll get through vs sing with me 'bell bottom blue'

I'll keep on singing for a living but i wanna be in love vs I'll keep on searching for an answer cause I need you more than dope

and I wanna be with you vs I need you more than dope

Hx1YSjS.gif

"I won't be right without you" sounds very pretty but melodically "My heart would break without you" makes much more sense and fitting

For the rest of the lyrics, #TeamDope. Dope could've been something beautiful, if it wasn't for the vocal delivery. But I get it, she wants it sound "raw" and "unretouched" for a dramatic  effect yada yada

I won't be right without you vs My heart would break without you
and I might break without you vs might not awake with you

I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and alone vs been hurting low from living high for so long

i'll write hit songs about you vs I'm sorry and I love you

no matter how we'll get through vs sing with me 'bell bottom blue'

I'll keep on singing for a living but i wanna be in love vs I'll keep on searching for an answer cause I need you more than dope

and I wanna be with you vs I need you more than dope

IWBWY gets too much hate. It was a perfectly average ballad. Dope is more specific, but I find it kind of overwrought and cringe.

Dope is so much better and more raw than IWBWY

The latter is Disney’d and cheesy. Plus the deep muddy baseline that Rick Rubin gave us on Dope >>

Edited by Chaos Angel

JohnWayneHolland

Dope feels out of place in ARTPOP, since the rest of the songs are energetic and crazy and this one's just a ballad 

3 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Dope feels out of place in ARTPOP, since the rest of the songs are energetic and crazy and this one's just a ballad 

I think it totally fits in, especially with its placement on the tracklist. It makes a lot of sense coming after high energy songs like Swine / Donatella / MJH. It’s like the morning after a night out where she has crashed and realizes how she is running away from her problems and is honest with herself. Plus the production and theatric vocals compliments Artpop more so than her other albums.

3 minutes ago, Erotic said:

her leaving out Brooklyn Hymns and inserting Dope, I will never forgive

2116164322__thumbEnjL7eIXcAsv_LIformatjp

Mary Jane Holland was the one that took Brooklyn Night's spot.

7 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

I think it totally fits in, especially with its placement on the tracklist. It makes a lot of sense coming after high energy songs like Swine / Donatella / MJH. It’s like the morning after a night out where she has crashed and realizes how she is running away from her problems and is honest with herself. Plus the production and theatric vocals compliments Artpop more so than her other albums.

I agree, the tracklisting on AP is perfect tbh. 

4 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

No point, Dope wins all of these for me. IWBWY is just corny through and through. Sounds like something a 12 year old would write in their diary.

Hx1YSjS.gif

15 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

Dope is so much better and more raw than IWBWY

The latter is Disney’d and cheesy. Plus the deep muddy baseline that Rick Rubin gave us on Dope >>

8 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

The girlz that get it get IT

AgileVainIbis-size_restricted.gif

I love the Swine performance and the whole SXSW adventure. Like, when have we ever seen a pop star do that? It's unheard of, and we'll probably never see anything like it again. AP was low key the best thing that ever happened to Gaga, and to experience those lowest of lows with her is something we shouldn't take for granted.

JohnWayneHolland
21 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

I never looked at it that way, i guess it does fit in, but i still don't like the song

26 minutes ago, Erotic said:

her leaving out Brooklyn Hymns and inserting Dope, I will never forgive

The way her songs about Luc outshine the Taylor songs. She knew she couldn't add that masterpiece on the album because it would put the corny slur song to shame. :redface:

JohnWayneHolland

The way her relationship with Luc gave us some career highlights, maybe they should get back together (sorry Michael) :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.