• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

But will she be smart and use the TVR and tour announcement momentum to launch Black Diamond is the real question.

8AKfHUq.gif

Of course she won’t since that would make too much sense to do.

15 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Empty is God-tier and so influential. You can hear how the alt-R&B girls were influenced by that sound, like Tinashe for example.

8AKfHUq.gif

Empty basically invented alt-R&B (it's like I Feel Love was to 80's club music) and Grindr pathos at the same time. Her mind.

Edited by DammnBaby

The Velvet Rope gets a 9.4 from Pitchfork. I do feel like retrospective appreciation of her catalogue is growing. For the first time since I started tracking, she has her 80's, 90's and 00's material represented among her top 10 streamed songs on Spotify.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/janet-jackson-the-velvet-rope-deluxe-edition/

Edited by DammnBaby

A world tour she needs to go to Africa, Asia and Australia their dying for her over there she lives in London so London dates makes sense but she needs to announce a album.

10 minutes ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

A world tour she needs to go to Africa, Asia and Australia their dying for her over there she lives in London so London dates makes sense but she needs to announce a album.

She needs to do Latin America which she has never done. She was just in Australia in 2019.

The fans demanded better video uploads and the complete videography.

Now it's time to focus on getting her back to Europe for a full length tour leg AND finally visiting Latin America.

This "Janet is nobody in Europe" narrative is a lie. She's literally had top 10 singles and several album certifications in MULTIPLE European countries. UK, Ireland, Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands and Scandinavia will show up for ha. The other countries will need promo, though I'm sure Italy and Austria would show up. Do festivals and then theaters for like $100 a ticket. 

She could literally attend/perform at award shows in Mexico and Brazil to create buzz. As well as some festivals. I think a solo headlining show wouldn't be smart at first (maybe tour with Mariah, Mary and/or Toni?), her and team must promote. 

Imagine those large crowds singing all of the words "Together Again" and giving her the energy/respect she deserves, unlike some of these North American crowds she's so preoccupied with. :WAP:

Edited by kishi

5 hours ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

She lives in London?! 

11 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

She lives in London?! 

Since at least 2015, probably earlier than that TBH.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:11 AM, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Empty is God-tier and so influential. You can hear how the alt-R&B girls were influenced by that sound, like Tinashe for example.

8AKfHUq.gif

Empty is epic. The best song on that album. Tinashe stans TVR.

It’s funny that Janet and Madonna both live in London. I wonder if they ever meet up.

8AKfHUq.gif

That stupid "Janet is local" thread still being allowed open.

:shakeno:

I was so excited seeing Janet's missing videos uploaded, I'm so pressed they stopped. We need Runaway, Alright and Every Time ASAP.

Also...

The press release for VR 25 clearly stated Together Again (Deeper Remix) would be uploaded to YouTube. Also on Spotify, Janet's "Artist Pick" links to an old version of The Velvet Rope and not the new 2022 Deluxe Edition. :devil:

17 minutes ago, PopThatCorn said:

I was so excited seeing Janet's missing videos uploaded, I'm so pressed they stopped. We need Runaway, Alright and Every Time ASAP.

Also...

The press release for VR 25 clearly stated Together Again (Deeper Remix) would be uploaded to YouTube. Also on Spotify, Janet's "Artist Pick" links to an old version of The Velvet Rope and not the new 2022 Deluxe Edition. :devil:

Maybe those will be saved for the 30th anniversary in 2027 :oh:

2 hours ago, PopThatCorn said:

Also...

Now you know they can't do things 100% right. That would be too much lol

22 minutes ago, monologueNacafe said:

Now you know they can't do things 100% right. That would be too much lol

Well it was the best they had done in the past 15 years so the bar for my expectations rose slightly off the floor for once. :busted:

I wish we could get at least one of her classic album in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music

Janet finally made official music video for Someone To Call My GODver available everywhere :jonnycat: and its in high quality!!!!

2 hours ago, monologueNacafe said:

I wish we could get at least one of her classic album in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music

TVR 25 would have been the perfect opportunity to do it.

Impactnet strikes again. “All for you like Janet” the reputation songstress sang.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

16 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Someone To Call My GODver

:rofl:

JanFam, never change.

Am I the only one here who lives for the SoSoDef remix? 

That bassline:WAP:

13 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Impactnet strikes again. “All for you like Janet” the reputation songstress sang.

Let me NOT shade TayLord again after that IMPACTnet reference

4 hours ago, kishi said:

:rofl:

JanFam, never change.

Am I the only one here who lives for the SoSoDef remix? 

That bassline:WAP:

It’s gross.

the original is magical l. The sample of Ventura Highway and Gymnopedie..

BREATHTAKING

16 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

When did Taylor do that? I may have to Stan a bit.

19 hours ago, FreeXone said:

It’s gross.

the original is magical l. The sample of Ventura Highway and Gymnopedie..

BREATHTAKING

:ahh: 

I thought you might say that. I just remember hearing the remix way more on radio and seeing it on the music video stations a lot. I assumed it was more popular than the original, actually.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.