Dua Lipa

Cain

9 minutes ago, Cain said:

Didn’t she say the album had no sonic theme this time? I think the sounds and tempo’s will be way more varied this time 

I don’t think she specified that it didn’t have a sonic theme, just that it was starting to sound “cohesive” and that it was more of a lyrically driven album than a sonically driven one. That was from the Variety interview so idk if there’s been any tea besides that

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• Solaria

• katara

• Virgos Groove

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

I don’t think she specified that it didn’t have a sonic theme, just that it was starting to sound “cohesive” and that it was more of a lyrically driven album than a sonically driven one. That was from the Variety interview so idk if there’s been any tea besides that

Yeah that’s the one I meant, moreso saying that while FN had the disco focus, DL3 doesn’t have that

So I think we’ll get a variety of uptempo, midtempo, maybe even ballads 

47 minutes ago, Cain said:

Seeing as Danny seems to be the main producer of the album and she likely only had a few sessions with Kevin, I think the album will be less psychedelic rock (in the Tame Impala sense) and more electronic

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

and she also has that collab with Justice coming up right

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

I absolutely adore Pretty Please, but I need higher highs than it in the album

Exactly. Pretty Please is amazing as an album track but an entire album full of songs like that would be boring to me tbh.

14 minutes ago, Cain said:

Didn’t she say the album had no sonic theme this time? I think the sounds and tempo’s will be way more varied this time 

Yeah she said earlier this year “it has a lyrical theme more so then sonic” but that some sonic elements run through the album. It’s definitely going to be exploring a few more sounds compared to FN

6 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

WHAT? :jonny:

8 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Yeah! Do we know when that is coming?

Edit: JUSTICE album is coming next year

Edited by Soul Glitch

Wait wait wait how do we know there’s a Justice collab?? That would end me

26 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Dua leaves Warner Records challenge

Why would you want that?? She is literally their main female artist and they are fully devoted on going all in on her. :deadbanana4:

Edited by mystery

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

Why would you want that?? She is literally their main female artist and they are fully devoted on going all in on her. :deadbanana4:

Warner last post 

6 hours ago, futurenostalgic said:

ummmm this better not be faux low budget, low fi aesthetic.

Y'all should be glad she's working with fashion photographer again :rip:

• Like 1

That's the Swiftie in me talking, but do you think the 22 and 10 written on her hands mean anything (on her new instagram picture)? Or was that already there? 

Like 22/10 for example :eli: (but that's not a Friday so...)

Edited by Klein

23 minutes ago, Klein said:

That's the Swiftie in me talking, but do you think the 22 and 10 written on her hands mean anything (on her new instagram picture)? Or was that already there? 

Like 22/10 for example :eli: (but that's not a Friday so...)

I don’t think the numbers mean anything but theres a rumor that she is covering her new tattoo with her hand, it might be the album title

Why did we get a teaser of the song and a very nice clip last time and now we only got a lazy pic? A sign how the era will go? :dancehall2:

Not sure why she is scheduling comeback on Q4. She will lose streams by Christmas songs from next month.

Edited by Si Hoo

11 minutes ago, Si Hoo said:

Not sure why she is scheduling comeback on Q4. She will lose streams by Christmas songs from next month.

Because they know the song will only really take off in the US after NYE.

In Europe I expect an instant smash though like DSN.

• Like 1

i so hope the album is called Chaos Theory and has festures with Caroline Polachek and PinkPantheress… imagine that level of servery

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Si Hoo said:

the biggest Q4 release will almost always dominate Q1 of the next year so its a win for longevity. look at Kill Bill, Anti Hero, The Box, Levitating etc. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i so hope the album is called Chaos Theory and has festures with Caroline Polachek and PinkPantheress… imagine that level of servery

I’m like 95 % sure it is. I’m more certain about the album title than the lead single title :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

I’m like 95 % sure it is. I’m more certain about the album title than the lead single title :bibliahh:

DUA LIPA

Future Nostalgia

Chaos Theory

really looking like the discography of a future pop goddess tbh!

Ok ok ok i looked up more of Tyrone Lebon’s work and i love his stuff with Burberry. But still a major popstar with Juergen Teller type aesthetics is soo risky ngl. A u-turn from FN, so these images better POP and not just some white background indie mag **** :biblionana:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

Ok ok ok i looked up more of Tyrone Lebon’s work and i love his stuff with Burberry. But still a major popstar with Juergen Teller type aesthetics is soo risky ngl. A u-turn from FN, so these images better POP and not just some white background indie mag **** :biblionana:

I actually disagree wholeheartedly tbh, Dua rode out the last wave of the “pop star” which is pretty much completely dead right now. I think she would do so well with a more low key sound and image. Dua having the same visual direction as something like CTRL by SZA would hit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.