Beyoncé

Kisuke

It's always fun watching the other pop girls' growth (or lack of) over the years reaching the 15+ year career mark… which is where hag was with self-titled. The way she has abandoned being a radio hitmaker and transitioned into an acclaimed album artist clearly isn't being studied if this is the output we're getting nowadays.

:suburban:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 114.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

BEYONCE will always be that album.

Jealous.

:alexz:

Mine

:alexz2:

Blow(job)

:alexz3:

No Angel 

:allears:

Haunted

:falcon:

Flawless, Partition, and the rest.

:jonny4:

• Like 6

Im boping to Destiny's Child first alberm right now, a solid recordt tbh

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

It's always fun watching the other pop girls' growth (or lack of) over the years reaching the 15+ year career mark… which is where hag was with self-titled. The way she has abandoned being a radio hitmaker and transitioned into an acclaimed album artist clearly isn't being studied if this is the output we're getting nowadays.

Say it. 

She's ruining her own career for different reasons but at least she's not doing this and the music is good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

It's funny cause Katy perry was(is?) such a huge Beyoncé stan too, like girl are you not able to take some cues and hints about how it should be done? :toofunny3: 

I know B can be a mess and a half, but it could always be worse as we just saw :skull: 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Not everyone can have a Kitty Kat.

:soda:

• Haha 2

spacer.png

Uh... is this edited or something because :deadbanana4:

so i caved and bought the vinyl (only bc i had a gift card) and the cashier said "oh you're my second customer buying this one today" and the only thing i could come up with as an answer was "only two huh?" :suburban:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TipToe said:

Im boping to Destiny's Child first alberm right now, a solid recordt tbh

giphy.gif

- With Me P. I & II

- No, No, No P. I & II

- Second Nature

- Killing Time

- Birthday

These 7 tracks are the centrepiece of the album and have aged like fine wine. :alexz: 

TBH, that album just needed ONE more uptempo track to tip the scales. Something mature and New Jack Swing-influenced like "Nuclear" would've been perfect.

("Bridges" is a little corny)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AxelFox said:

It's funny cause Katy perry was(is?) such a huge Beyoncé stan too, like girl are you not able to take some cues and hints about how it should be done? :toofunny3: 

I know B can be a mess and a half, but it could always be worse as we just saw :skull: 

She literally could've re-released 'crowd favorite relegated to promo single' "Walking On Air" and it would be a better received lead single. Just strip the drums and keep the understated synth chords in the verses + hook to add dynamics and make it build a little more, and have it blast off to the original chorus.

Call it "Walking On Air (2024)" or "Air"

Edited by trainsskyscrapers
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

- With Me P. I & II

- No, No, No P. I & II

- Second Nature

- Killing Time

- Birthday

These 7 tracks are the centrepiece of the album and have aged like fine wine. :alexz: 

TBH, that album just needed ONE more uptempo track to tip the scales. Something mature and New Jack Swing-influenced like "Nuclear" would've been perfect.

("Bridges" is a little corny)

True! I kinda like Bridges though. By the way the album was supposed to be named after the track

11247627_1.jpg?v=8CE4A7571FCA370

We have enough problems with Bey, please keep the Katy slander on Reddit! 

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

so i caved and bought the vinyl (only bc i had a gift card) and the cashier said "oh you're my second customer buying this one today" and the only thing i could come up with as an answer was "only two huh?" :suburban:

Sure :wink:

Why are we talking about k*ty p*rry in here? :biblio:

• Haha 2

bey take notes bc act iii might get katy perry'd.

:ghostface:

• Haha 2

I'm a having a stream of consciousness rn so excuse the long essay. And it's dead asf in here anyways :deadbanana4:

When it's all said and done where will Cowboy Carter land on Bey's discography? It's by far her most neglected and ignored record. I would argue this is the quietest post album release we as a fanbase have ever been both in this forum but outside of it as well. The energy just isn't there. And trust me I HATE country as genre but Beyonce and Kacey Musgraves are like the only two people who have made it somewhat palatable to me. Even then still not something I would actively listen too and I'm assuming a lot of Bey's core fan base feels the same. 

I think it will always be looked as an impactful album at minimum because it brought a spotlight to overlooked black country artists. And Shaboozey going #1 just reaffirms the impact that Cowboy Carter has had.

But I will always feel tepid towards the album not toward the quality of the music but towards the way the album itself was treated by its creator. This could've really been a culture shifting moment for her if she pulled some levers and played the game just even slightly. But it's a lose lose situation because if Bey went in on promoting CC but paid dust to Renn I would feel a type of way too. :rip: Renaissance being a defining moment/album in my life. 

Idk I feel like if I put in the monumental effort to craft a 27 track country adjacent album that's actually good I at least would have given it a fair shake rather than leaving it for dead but it's not my career and it's not my choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devin said:

bey take notes bc act iii might get katy perry'd.

:ghostface:

Depends on the genre. Country themed was always going to be the biggest risk and it did better than I expected. The quality is still good unlike Perry. The messy (Beyince) release is not good though and lack of videos/performances is going to make people lose interest. I wish she wasn't surrounded by yes people, because someone needs to say it all to her. 

She really should've done a festival or 2 this era and not tour/sign up to Vegas, then tour again for act 3. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

I'm a having a stream of consciousness rn so excuse the long essay. And it's dead asf in here anyways :deadbanana4:

When it's all said and done where will Cowboy Carter land on Bey's discography? It's by far her most neglected and ignored record. I would argue this is the quietest post album release we as a fanbase have ever been both in this forum but outside of it as well. The energy just isn't there. And trust me I HATE country as genre but Beyonce and Kacey Musgraves are like the only two people who have made it somewhat palatable to me. Even then still not something I would actively listen too and I'm assuming a lot of Bey's core fan base feels the same. 

I think it will always be looked as an impactful album at minimum because it brought a spotlight to overlooked black country artists. And Shaboozey going #1 just reaffirms the impact that Cowboy Carter has had.

But I will always feel tepid towards the album not toward the quality of the music but towards the way the album itself was treated by its creator. This could've really been a culture shifting moment for her if she pulled some levers and played the game just even slightly. But it's a lose lose situation because if Bey went in on promoting CC but paid dust to Renn I would feel a type of way too. :rip: Renaissance being a defining moment/album in my life. 

Idk I feel like if I put in the monumental effort to craft a 27 track country adjacent album that's actually good I at least would have given it a fair shake rather than leaving it for dead but it's not my career and it's not my choice. 

It's the lack of interest from Bey for how many eras now that is taking its toll, it is starting to show now, fans hoped all the way through Renaissance era but we all know now nothing is coming so a lot have given up. She is doing the whole Prince thing, it's boring as ****. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Depends on the genre. Country themed was always going to be the biggest risk and it did better than I expected. The quality is still good unlike Perry. The messy (Beyince) release is not good though and lack of videos/performances is going to make people lose interest. I wish she wasn't surrounded by yes people, because someone needs to say it all to her. 

She really should've done a festival or 2 this era and not tour/sign up to Vegas, then tour again for act 3. 

The thing is that she doesn't care, she's just stubborn.

Just now, Pepo said:

The thing is that she doesn't care, she's just stubborn.

Yes so stubborn but it's ridiculous at this point. Where is the tour movie, does parkwood even exist anymore because wtf do they even do now. She gives them nothing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris said:

BEYONCE will always be that album.

Jealous.

:alexz:

Mine

:alexz2:

Blow(job)

:alexz3:

No Angel 

:allears:

Haunted

:falcon:

Flawless, Partition, and the rest.

:jonny4:

self-titled and 4, unmatched :WAP:

• Like 2

ATRL really be acting like every pop girl is on Bey level just because of streaming lmao. Atrl show their Bias towards bey every once in a while. They are very clever but I catch on every time. By the way his comment is not aimed at the base. I'm referring to ATRL as a whole.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pepo said:

the album so gorgeous it don't even need promo. 

:clownny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.