Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

36 minutes ago, Devin said:

now we can go back to lashing her for fumbling the bag again. she only the artist that wanna be indie so bad ik charthive is fuming.

 

spacer.png

Not her finally trying to be relatable at 42 after dominating the pop scene since 2000

 

happy rickey smiley GIF by TV One

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

I think it's time tbh. Would've made an amazing 9-10 track album…

*14-16 tracks

 

sad bc this one of her best albums.

 

spacer.png

American requiem 

16c

texas hold em

daughter

Flamenco (acceptable song length version)

riiverdance 

tyrant 

sweet/honey ONLY 

 

the rest can GO 

I think enough time has passed. COWBOY CARTER is an amazing album. On first listen I was blown away and felt overwhelmed. It took two or three listens for it really to click. 
 

In ways it's better than Renaissance: Vocally, lyrically, imaginatively. I feel it's fair to consider it her best album on the artistic merit of what she accomplished.

 

At the same time, I don't think it's my favorite Beyoncé album. In terms of jam factor and replay value I like Renaissance slightly more.
 

ACTS I and II still highly superior to her discography prior and that won't change.

  • ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

American requiem 

16c

texas hold em

daughter

Flamenco (acceptable song length version)

riiverdance 

tyrant 

sweet/honey ONLY 

 

the rest can GO 

jail. :rip:

  1. american requiem
  2. blackbird
  3. 16 carriages
  4. protector
  5. texas hold em
  6. bodyguard
  7. jolene
  8. daughter
  9. ii most wanted
  10. levis jeans
  11. flamenco
  12. ya ya 
  13. riverdance
  14. ii hands ii heaven
  15. tyrant
  16. shb

an album :cm:

12 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

I think enough time has passed. COWBOY CARTER is an amazing album. On first listen I was blown away and felt overwhelmed. It took two or three listens for it really to click. 
 

In ways it's better than Renaissance: Vocally, lyrically, imaginatively. I feel it's fair to consider it her best album on the artistic merit of what she accomplished.

 

At the same time, I don't think it's my favorite Beyoncé album. In terms of jam factor and replay value I like Renaissance slightly more.
 

ACTS I and II still highly superior to her discography prior and that won't change.

Ill be honest: my interest in CC is decreasing insanely fast than any album since 4 after its release (including the Gift which is love)... Im already skipping songs, which never happened before 3 weeks after the release of any of her albums 

They just need to release the videos. Like what is going on??? 
i know Nadia is annoyed 

So the novelty is wearing off and just  100 signed copies as promo? Typical…. 
 

Great first weeks, beautiful first weeks…. 
 

47 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

True, u gotta point there.

 

So Cowboy Carter is just bad? 

 

:suburban:

Lol at this trap. Pffddhjk

 

But no, SZA had a video going first week and a couple videos prior to the era. She is also messy like Bey though tbh but she's still new so she gives videos here and there and performances. 

Ariana had a second video, strong 2nd single push and a performance all on the release week. 

 

Beyoncé is ... something different. 

Lmao some of you need some fresh air for real :skull: it's literally not that serious.

 

if she doesn't care for her "low" (mind you she is doing better than Renaissance) streams, why do you guys care so much? Is it your career that's in question? Like i truly don't understand. :rip:

You could remove from Smoke Hour II to the Linda Martell Show and it wouldn't affect the storytelling of the album.  But some of these revised tracklists y'all are coming up with butcher the concept entirely :deadbanana4:

 

I do think the album is too long but there's not a single on the song on the album I hate and feel the need to skip. It just means I don't listen to it front to back like I do Ren

7 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Ill be honest: my interest in CC is decreasing insanely fast than any album since 4 after its release (including the Gift which is love)... Im already skipping songs, which never happened before 3 weeks after the release of any of her albums 

I'm in a similar boat. I can't listen to the album and full like I did the first week. I find some songs I'm just not in the mood for until I am.

 

This reminds me of how I felt with Lemonade. Which is probably why I like the BEYONCÉ album more than it. BEYONCÉ and Renaissance have better replay value, the songs on those were individually strong so much that apart or of the whole you wanted to experience it over and over.

 

But let's be clear, no Beyoncé album has a "Daughter" or a "Bodyguard" or a "16 Carriages" so definitely giving the songs credit for the feats they accomplish.

Could you guys imagine a Daughter's stripped down performance? Ugh, the chills. 

 

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

lbr the album came and went :rip: 

 

outside of those drea kelly videos no one talks about it anymore…

Yeah, the industry itself seems to be on a 2 week to 1 month stay with albums now, oversaturation of the market even affects massive A-listers.

 

Beyoncé however, literally just does not promote her music, so after the general hype and interest of week 1 and the excitement for those who are fans in weeks 2-4, there is not much left to do when non fans are not checking Twitter/Insta/TikTok etc. They watch television, listen to radio, or are offline completely and will find out through commercials or hearing songs in movies, shows, live performance.

 

The streams are about the same as Ari so they're good, but I can't imagine this is a good indication of a successful act 3 when the fans in this very thread are saying they barely stream CC lol.

levi jeans and tyrant are what I come back to the most, then I tend to listen to Renaissance 

:suburban:

10 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

But let's be clear, no Beyoncé album has a "Daughter" 

This is my hill to die on, the strongest of CC are literally some of her best work imo.

 

American Requiiem

Daughter

Jolene (on constant repeat, she ate it, sorry, the end is godlike)

Riiverdance

Tyrant

SHB

Amen

The album didn't come and go.

I'm afraid chart obsession has rotted some brains.

Also this generation has a pathologically short attention span.

 

kRle0q0.gif

 

 

the album is 2.5 weeks old :skull: "came and went" 

 

we have no idea what's to come with this era. the renaissance tour didn't begin until 9 months after the album came out

I'm still listen to CC but I must admit I do feel apathetic toward this album era, if it even is or will be one. Which is very weird for me as a decades long fan, but it's just hard to get invested or show passion anymore.

 

I'm just tired of the mystery act post release and will clock out until there's movement, which is most likely a tour. 

 

Maybe it's also a getting older thing. 
#haghive
 

 

Edited by Island Goddess

15 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Yeah, the industry itself seems to be on a 2 week to 1 month stay with albums now, oversaturation of the market even affects massive A-listers.

 

Beyoncé however, literally just does not promote her music, so after the general hype and interest of week 1 and the excitement for those who are fans in weeks 2-4, there is not much left to do when non fans are not checking Twitter/Insta/TikTok etc. They watch television, listen to radio, or are offline completely and will find out through commercials or hearing songs in movies, shows, live performance.

 

The streams are about the same as Ari so they're good, but I can't imagine this is a good indication of a successful act 3 when the fans in this very thread are saying they barely stream CC lol.

The biggest issue with the brand Bey is just that they are terrible at sustaining interest in a project. All her albums since ST suffered from it. 

Lemonade was left dead on a dead streaming platform + no single push.

TG dead on Arrival.

Renaissance died and was lucky to have a Cuff It. I remember the streams of Rennie already being in the pits come September/October.

 

And then u have Fans and users who bring up Black Is King pushing TG back to #2 on its release. Hunny, thats not sustaining an era. If it went to 0, went up a week after again to 2, and died right after again, it just means that if Ms Beyonce invests in visibility and forms of promotion, she succeeds.

But since she isn't doing that -> eras die prematurely

7 minutes ago, chaeyonce said:

The album didn't come and go.

I'm afraid chart obsession has rotted some brains.

Also this generation has a pathologically short attention span.

 

kRle0q0.gif

 

 

I don't know that it's that the attention span is so short (I mean, that's definitely true), but that there's paradox of choice now. People only have so much free time and they have the entire world at their fingertips. Most people are going to choose to watch a new show, movie, or do something else with their limited free time than stream a hour and twenty minute album

6 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

the album is 2.5 weeks old :skull: "came and went" 

 

we have no idea what's to come with this era. the renaissance tour didn't begin until 9 months after the album came out

And funny enough, the streams for certain songs, even massively popular ones like Alien Superstar are still low in streams.

 

 

1 minute ago, satellites.™ said:

And funny enough, the streams for certain songs, even massively popular ones like Alien Superstar are still low in streams.

 

 

i dont even check that kinda thing. keeping streams up is bey's job. she obviously doesn't give a **** 

28 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Could you guys imagine a Daughter's stripped down performance? Ugh, the chills. 

 

It's already stripped down, one guitar, some minor synths and some background vocals here and there. 
 

She can do it with just a guitar, a violin and herself. Definitely a moment on tour. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.