• Replies 114.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

I’m so happy for Blue:weeps: the way the crowd and Bey hype her up every time is just so sweet, I really hope she performs on my date:jonny5:

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

In a whole year she teased less than T****r S***t does in a single day 

Okay? So? This is the Beyoncé base. I’m not a swiftie so idc.

the person asked what she did. I answered. Also, Taylor interacts with her fans and actually releases the sh*t she teases. So? What now?

Edited by yonsé
  • Haha 1

Not to beat a dead reneigh but has anyone come up with a realistic theory (from a production/tour/logistics perspective) of why Thique/AUIYM/DIL would be cut? I mainly don't see why it'd make sense for her to cut it after the first show rather than to cut it during rehearsals before anyone even saw it. Also why would her team keep adding it to the setlist print-out but just cross it out rather than remove it altogether. Idk how tour management works so I'm curious if anyone does

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Subversive said:

Not to beat a dead reneigh but has anyone come up with a realistic theory (from a production/tour/logistics perspective) of why Thique/AUIYM/DIL would be cut? I mainly don't see why it'd make sense for her to cut it after the first show rather than to cut it during rehearsals before anyone even saw it. Also why would her team keep adding it to the setlist print-out but just cross it out rather than remove it altogether. Idk how tour management works so I'm curious if anyone does

she always makes cuts and setlist changes after the first show. she has ambitious ideas and they don’t always work once executed. IAWT she started with the sasha hair and ended with the signature curls. FWT she had sweet dreams and the screen lift that was cut after the first night (only to be reutilized for 6 inch on the last night). OTR II integrated everything is love on it once dropped. Mrs carter show integrated self titled once dropped. Retooling her shows mid-tour is not uncommon. It’s just annoying.

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Subversive said:

Maybe to save time since she wants to start late every night. Her publicist probably told her to cut the songs that have by far the least streams + DIL to not reignite the Tina Turner lashings. Speaking of DIL I forget she went viral this year for that riff. It feels like forever ago. That was truly one of the most special moments of her career. Another fumble because she had every viral post taken down on social media and now the public forgot it existed. It is one of the most addicting sounds I’ve ever heard. She pisses me off

• Like 1

The live version of the "Honey" section of PURE/HONEY is so. GOOD. The new snare/clap they added sounds amazing, I hope we get a live album.

Edited by bync
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, yonsé said:

srsly?

-The poosee pink shirt

-the echo newspaper being the cover of delresto with zero explanation 

-the glitter kitty and unique ufo Easter eggs on said cover

-the various pictures in the tour book/album booklet

-the tour interludes being literal clips from the film

-“you’ve asked for the visuals. A queen moves at her own pace binch”

-I’m that girl teaser

-you ARE the visuals baby

-this tweet? 
they-think-this-a-joke-oh-okay-v0-8u3dea

But let's look at what all of this "teasing" actually says.

BEYONCÉ/PARKWOOD TALKING ABOUT HOW THE VISUALS WON'T BE SOON

1) ["A queen moves at her own pace"] They're going to be ready when they're ready

2) ["You are the visuals baby"] The visuals are not coming right now

3) [the tweet] It's going to be a while before the visuals drop

THE HIVE DECIDING THE VISUALS ARE COMING SOON:

-The poosee pink shirt

I understand that some of these things have "teased" the visuals in the sense that it gets one excited by association, but a lot of the imagery we've seen has also been in the album booklet itself and given she is on tour, there is going to be a demand for visuals new, and "old". The fact that Beyoncé has used clips from what we understand to be the visuals on HER tour shouldn't be seen as any sort of trolling on her part, it's literally content she created to express the album. Should she not use it, simply because she's not ready to release the visual album yet? I think we often read way too much into things, including just having something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, swissman said:

1) ["A queen moves at her own pace"] They're going to be ready when they're ready

THE HIVE DECIDING THE VISUALS ARE COMING SOON:

-The poosee pink shirt

I understand that some of these things have "teased" the visuals in the sense that it gets one excited by association, but a lot of the imagery we've seen has also been in the album booklet itself and given she is on tour, there is going to be a demand for visuals new, and "old". The fact that Beyoncé has used clips from what we understand to be the visuals on HER tour shouldn't be seen as any sort of trolling on her part, it's literally content she created to express the album. Should she not use it, simply because she's not ready to release the visual album yet? I think we often read way too much into things, including just having something.

Cool. We’ve been waiting a year. This argument might’ve worked when the album just dropped but it’s not wrong to be frustrated when we’ve gone a whole year with nothing but silence and teases.

she hasn’t even explained the world of the album. The teasing is vague. What does the newspaper mean? Why doesn’t she care to explain and instead giggles? Of course ppl are irritated? We get a shirt with a character from a movie but we know literally nothing about it? It’s illogical.

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

the obsessive nature of them is seeming unhinged...do yall really be playing Black is King, ST, Lemonade. etc era videos like that?? i've probably watched them twice...Renaissance videos will likely be no different.

i really dont care...she can shelve them...i'm far more looking forward to a concert + live album release. much more replay value.

• Like 1

Her stuff is good because she has a vision, she works on it and she gets things done. She releases it when it’s ready. She did it with the Self-Titled and it changed the game. If you want good stuff, trust the process. Quality over quantity. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, QueenB said:

Like... let us vent about a lackluster era for her best album of all time.

I absolutely get the need to vent and I think this is the place to do it. This base should serve to enrich our fan experiences by allowing us to discuss Beyoncé in all ways, surrounded by people who are here for the same reason.

But as there are those who want to come here to vent, there are those who come for different reasons.

If people want to vent, by all means do, but there shouldn't be surprise when at some point there is a response to what feels like never ending complaining. This is a forum, after all, not a bulletin board and though often it's in jest, a lot of the time it seems like just being mad to be mad. Venting would imply after you've said it you feel better, but so often this base is a merry-go-round of the same complaints.

• Like 2

oh brother, do you watch Single Ladies every night before bed? No. Did it compliment the era and bring new energy to the song you didnt have before? Yes, it makes the era FUN.

Our apologies for looking forward to a product advertised a year ago with a trailer from one of if not THEE greatest visual artist on the planet, and instead getting toilet water and a "thanks for the year" $700 tiffany necklace. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Cool. We’ve been waiting a year. This argument might’ve worked when the album just dropped but it’s not wrong to be frustrated when we’ve gone a whole year with nothing but silence and teases.

she hasn’t even explained the world of the album. The teasing is vague. What does the newspaper mean? Why doesn’t she care to explain and instead giggles? Of course ppl are irritated? We get a shirt with a character from a movie but we know literally nothing about it? It’s illogical.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be frustrated, but that a lot of the frustration has come because people have read into things that don't need to mean something. For example: the tour t-shirt is just a t-shirt. The scene it's from has been on the tour every night. It's an image of Beyoncé from a video seen on the tour.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

the obsessive nature of them is seeming unhinged...do yall really be playing Black is King, ST, Lemonade. etc era videos like that?? i've probably watched them twice...Renaissance videos will likely be no different.

i really dont care...she can shelve them...i'm far more looking forward to a concert + live album release. much more replay value.

Is this open field to say my true feelings about BIK? Cause I could not follow that storyline at all. It was definitely high budget, beautiful, artistic, scenes but she could’ve kept the whole little boy character and just named it “Music videos for an album I secretly released a year ago” and called it a day. Lemonade is by far her strongest visual concept and the most rewatchable

Anyway when the tour ends, before she releases the visuals, because I think we all can probably wait a bit longer, right? Beyoncé should release a book of all her tour looks.

7 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

@swissman do you consider yourself positive hive or negative hive? You can’t be the referee. Pick a side!

I most definitely consider myself positive hive.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

We almost got a performance of Telephone last night

spacer.png

The gagged when the camera panned over to them in the audience :lmao:

9 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Is this open field to say my true feelings about BIK? Cause I could not follow that storyline at all. It was definitely high budget, beautiful, artistic, scenes but she could’ve kept the whole little boy character and just named it “Music videos for an album I secretly released a year ago” and called it a day. Lemonade is by far her strongest visual concept and the most rewatchable

That's what I loved about it, the confusing aspect. It was really philosophical and meta-physical, which made it hard to follow at times, but if you think of it as either parallel universes or depictions of different generations of ancestors, but still follow the general plot of TLK, I think it's a stunning presentation of the story.

30 minutes ago, swissman said:

You can easily say "you are the visuals" is a sign the visuals have been scrapped, who knows? The problem is lack of communication, we had a trailer showcasing an entire project was already filmed/edited a year ago. Her publicist could do her job and just say "we are focusing on the tour which features visuals for the album that are coming later this year". If plans changed, why not just release the videos you DO like? You're telling me out of all the filming they did she doesn't like ONE single video?  

2 minutes ago, bwhansen said:

THIS OPENING LOOK :jonny5:

it’s gorgeous 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.