Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, swissman said:

Are we neglecting the perfume's "special gift with purchase"?


What if it's the visuals?

 

You'll be sorry, then.

When we get a “throwing tomatoes” react, just know I’m coming back to this post.

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

12 minutes ago, swissman said:

Are we neglecting the perfume's "special gift with purchase"?


What if it's the visuals?

 

You'll be sorry, then.

Seriously?

 

:ahh:

 

Why would she bundle the visuals with damn perfume?

 

:skull:

54 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

:deadbanana4:

Let her add some European locations so it can “global” like her tour is. 

10 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

do those ugly ass ivy park drops look like quality to you ? :deadbanana4:

 

the special gift will be a black cardboard box, a shirt with crumbs on it and i’ll be sorry for the people who bought it :rip:

IVYPARK is her athleisure line but it's not inherently associated to her artistic brand like the RENAISSANCE era is, with which the perfume bottle/marketing follows its visual aesthetic


That being said, having purchased a few IVY PARK items, while some pieces may not LOOK cute (subjective) the quality is there. The stuff I got is well made, sturdy, good material, etc. I would expect those same qualities are in the perfume, whether we think the smell is ugly or not.

Furthermore, Beyoncé started IVY PARK in 2016 and has announced they are going separate ways, so it does in fact seem like she wants to focus on other things than "this ugly ass ivy park drops". In fact, didn't she IMMEDIATELY drop a couture collection with Balmain following the news? Clearly, she's focusing on a certain kind of luxury quality.

 

 

Edited by swissman

8 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

CRAFTED AND DESIGNED BY BEYONCÉ

 

SPECIAL GIFT WITH PURCHASE, WHILE QUANTITIES LAST

 

 

Yeah, she’s not fooling me again. She can keep the special gift 

3 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

When we get a “throwing tomatoes” react, just know I’m coming back to this post.

I would like it to be known that post was clearly in jest.

4 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Is it bad I've known them already for like 10 years dd

see what happens when you send a song to radio, people learn it even in passing :-*

Just now, swissman said:

I would like it to be known that post was clearly in jest.

*throws tomatoes jestfully* 

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Seriously?

 

:ahh:

 

Why would she bundle the visuals with damn perfume?

 

:skull:

I was not, in fact, being serious. Obviously she would not be doing that, I'm just referencing the outrage that she is releasing perfume and not visuals.

 

 

Edited by swissman

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Actually if it’s 1.7 fl oz, it’s exactly the same price as Dominique Ropion. 
Maybe she really came to France, went to Grace and snatched a real « nez » to create this with. 
 

I hope it smells good and she can advance her perfume empire.

 

If she could at least release Heated and AS as well. If she has time for all this side stuff, a single can’t be too complicated. 

Since LVMH has her chained for what seems like eternity, she should collab with Guerlain. Not least of all because the royal bee is the emblem of the house. She could do a limited edition perfume in the iconic flacon abeille. It'd make more sense as a collector's item.

1 minute ago, swissman said:

I was not, in fact, being serious. Obviously she would not be doing that, I'm just referencing the outrage that she is releasing perfume and not visuals.

 

 

Sorry @swissman didn't mean to come off as snooty.

 

I'm just waiting for my waffle combo to arrive and it hasn't yet.

 

So forgive me.

Last year at this time, weren't we fighting about how the album cover needed "more" and all that?

 

Remember when people photoshopped dance floors under Reneigh?


Take me to simpler times.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Sorry @swissman didn't mean to come off as snooty.

 

I'm just waiting for my waffle combo to arrive and it hasn't yet.

 

So forgive me.

It's okay... in the words of Beyoncé in the Queens Remix: "I can take it".

 

 

Edited by swissman

5 minutes ago, swissman said:

But do you not agree that the visuals for RENAISSANCE will have a more lasting impact, wider reach, and serve as more important work both culturally and artistically than any IVYPARK ad, Tiffany promo, or perfume bottle will?

To be honest, I don’t care for the visuals anymore. But there’s something to be said about professionalism, she put out a trailer almost one year ago!! With no news, no acknowledgement, nothing.

When you are at your job, working on your most prized project and the deadline is tight you let everything go and you focus just on that. 
And one year later there are no saying that it will have a lasting impact. One video released at the same time as the song connects better and more. But that’s besides the point. 
 

Now I just want singles to be released. The era is one year old, we would still be at one single that came more than one year ago if it wasn’t for CI randomly going viral. And even then, fans had to BEG, HARASS Parkwood online without results until finally Columbia stepped in. So how is it surprising that her coming in the meantime with clothing, jewellery, perfume etc is annoying? I get why some are frustrated. 
 

 

6 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Since LVMH has her chained for what seems like eternity, she should collab with Guerlain. Not least of all because the royal bee is the emblem of the house. She could do a limited edition perfume in the iconic flacon abeille. It'd make more sense as a collector's item.

so it’s definitely not happening :-*

9 minutes ago, swissman said:

Clearly, she's focusing on a certain kind of luxury quality.

yeah but that’s the whole problem her focus should be on music, not random luxury collections no one asked for :rip: you are Beyoncé, a popstar, not the Kering Group.

 

sure make a tiffany’s ad here and there and wear their stuff on stage no big deal but all these random collections are just pointless (for us) and do nothing for her legacy, and seeing how many of her non-musical business endeavors don’t go far i doubt this does much for her wallet either (otherwise she wouldn’t throw this much at the wall to see what sticks)

 

no one will remember beyoncé the perfume and diamond necklace peddler… i don’t really care about her making money either, she’s a billionaire and doesn’t need more :coffee2:

Edited by ScorpiosGroove

The amount of traumas she's packed into one era without actually serving an era... dare I say that's kinda mother?

 

No visuals, olive oil, Dubai, cutting DIL and two album tracks on tour, hair care, perfume, attempting to make Church Girl a single...

 

Cruellé de Vil-Carter right there

47 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

As a Beyoncé stan I hope it's a roundly panned commercial misfire, unsold stock landing at discounters' by spring :cm:

TJ Maxx always has celebrity perfumes discounted. I remember buying a Britney box which included her perfume and some lotion for $20. I gifted it to a girlfriend of mine

1 minute ago, Mitsouko said:

The amount of traumas she's packed into one era without actually serving an era... dare I say that's kinda mother?

maybe the real era is the mental illness we’ve developed together ? 

 

see y’all in palliative care :heart:

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

To be honest, I don’t care for the visuals anymore. But there’s something to be said about professionalism, she put out a trailer almost one year ago!! With no news, no acknowledgement, nothing.

When you are at your job, working on your most prized project and the deadline is tight you let everything go and you focus just on that. 
And one year later there are no saying that it will have a lasting impact. One video released at the same time as the song connects better and more. But that’s besides the point. 
 

Now I just want singles to be released. The era is one year old, we would still be at one single that came more than one year ago if it wasn’t for CI randomly going viral. And even then, fans had to BEG, HARASS Parkwood online without results until finally Columbia stepped in. So how is it surprising that her coming in the meantime with clothing, jewellery, perfume etc is annoying? I get why some are frustrated. 
 

 

By "lasting impact" I meant more in the future. In 50 years, no one really is going to know if a video came out at the time of release or not. But any fan who wants to go back and look at the visuals (assuming they are released by then lol) can, and they can either be rushed just to be put out, or something Beyoncé made sure was right to her standards. If you're a fan of an actor from the past, it doesn't really matter if their movies were successful, it matters if they were good. And any commercial or venture they did outside of their main work will be trivia. Anyway, this assumes the reason for the delay is about quality.

13 minutes ago, Shone Ai said:

Let her add some European locations so it can “global” like her tour is. 

:lmao: Like the world wide tour. 
Now for the US...

11 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Since LVMH has her chained for what seems like eternity, she should collab with Guerlain. Not least of all because the royal bee is the emblem of the house. She could do a limited edition perfume in the iconic flacon abeille. It'd make more sense as a collector's item.

 Her having not made a Bee 🐝 bottle so far is indeed surprising. That’ll be so cool.

 

5 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

The amount of traumas she's packed into one era without actually serving an era... dare I say that's kinda mother?

 

No visuals, olive oil, Dubai, cutting DIL and two album tracks on tour, hair care, perfume, attempting to make Church Girl a single...

 

Cruellé de Vil-Carter right there

I forgot about the ******* olive oil that I ALMOST bought :deadbanana4: 

I woke up, opened my eyes, checked my email and the first thing I see is that hungry ho Giselle begging me to spend $160 for a perfume I won’t get until November… :marshmallow:

 

eat the rich, boycott beyoncé

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.