Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

BTS tops US iTunes

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Assassin said:

I don't get it. Why would Americans buy a song they can't even understand?

Same with Despacito and Mi Gente. A bop issa bop. 

  • Replies 124
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I don't get it. Why would Americans buy a song they can't even understand?

it's their stans for the most part

Edited by Yndda

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I don't get it. Why would Americans buy a song they can't even understand?

cause we boppin sis

6 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I don't get it. Why would Americans buy a song they can't even understand?

despacito was huge and a lot of it was in spanish? 

  • Author
17 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I don't get it. Why would Americans buy a song they can't even understand?

Most ignorant comment goes to...

A shame to see trash always breaking through from Asia. They’re lucky the groups before them laid the groundwork.

26 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I don't get it. Why would Americans buy a song they can't even understand?

Music has it's own language.

So the USA can't buy a song in a language they don't understand but the rest of the world should buy english singles. Ok :deadbanana: 

Edited by Aciid

1 hour ago, Selenurr said:

Oh wow

I just listened to it, the remix just downgraded the song tbh

The original >>>>

I agree, Steve Aoki butchered this song :rip: But I'm glad they're doing well either way. This is only a good thing

50 minutes ago, Right Now said:

Not with that god awful song from the AMA's right? I was ready to be slayed that evening and was just disgusted.

It's not the same song, they performed DNA this is a remix for Mic Drop (the original is better)

 

27 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I don't get it. Why would Americans buy a song they can't even understand?

People don't care that much about lyrics as long as it bops and they have a big fandom in the US so they'll fall eventually . Why do you think american songs can be succesful in non english speaking country? 

And this BTS song is full in english expect for the very last part (the music video version is not the same though)

10 minutes ago, Eternium said:

A shame to see trash always breaking through from Asia. They’re lucky the groups before them laid the groundwork.

Didn't knew trash sing, dance, rap, write, produce, choreograph and still serve personality. 

 

5 minutes ago, Aciid said:

So the USA can't buy a song in a language they don't understand but the rest of the world should buy english singles. Ok :deadbanana: 

right??? and then they brag about their faves slaying globally with their english songs

the language argument is stupidest thing i've ever seen

 

it's not like everybody in the world understand English too

 

when it's bops then it's bops

People can barely understand half the things rappers are saying nowadays but the genre is still dominating the charts :cm:

Spanish last year, this year korean, next year should be japanese!

42 minutes ago, ATRL's WP Magnet said:

Same with Despacito and Mi Gente. A bop issa bop. 

This is 100% fandom driven. Basically a more niche one direction

1 minute ago, wesleywalrus said:

what have we done to deserve this

You guys voted for Trump.

 

1 minute ago, pieuxvu said:

You guys voted for Trump.

our sh*tty system* voted for trump, can we not spread this myth that the popular vote went to trump

also why would trump winning result in BTS going #1 on itunes? do you guys really hate BTS that much

Edited by Yndda

I guess this'll sell like 40k. I mean who are we kidding sales are dead for everyone but the most popular acts. People who cant get their music to stream successfully get more sales but when we are talking sales below 75k it doesn't matter any more. It's like getting excited your song is #1 in CD/Cassette singles sales. 

Edited by Adonis

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.