Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Has anyone here ever used Recon?

Featured Replies

recon-logo.svg

For those who are unaware, it's a gay app that specializes in BDSM/fetish play. I'm only asking because I've met a lot of gays, like myself, who unfortunately met a lot of scary people on here irl, people that very clearly use being "kinky" as a guise for actually being abusive. I always get worried when people I know download it because not only is it a shitty app in general but there's a lottttt of shady characters on there. I would say a good 40% of people on that app are covert or aspiring serial killers, I remember even hearing a guy in Canada used it to lure his victims. I have vivid memories of finding it right when I turned legal and being intrigued by it because I considered myself a bit too kinky for the average Grindr user (still do tbh but a lot of it was due to low self esteem), but it led me to meeting some VERY scary people. I also feel like it attracts a lot of people with mental health issues that shouldn't be treated with the specific type of sex you find on that app suburban

Thankfully I've been in a very loving and happy monogamous relationship and am completely done with the apps and hookup scene.mp3 but I won't lie and say that a lot of experiences I had on there didn't scar me for a while bc they definitely did

I used some years ago, but never was brave enough to actually go out with someone that i met there.

And it's also annoying how 90% of the dominant guys these days are into findom, including straight frat men who found a niche in it and basically took up that space. Like dude i won't give you money for you to shove your feet down my throat leave me alone

9.gif

Edited by Lady Claire

was like 4 years ago spoke to a particularly hot daddy on it but got so many messages from old hardcore kinksters from random parts of europe and my immediate grid was local gays i from grindr i had no interest in….dont think i'd meet anyone from it

pikachoo

Had it for about a week out of curiosity. Saw a message
at night and was like: I'll reply to that in the morning. By then
they'd send another rude message skull Deleted it then and there

I still have the app downloaded and do use it sporadically (or at least I did until they changed the interface to make it more like Grindr) but I agree there's a high volume of problematic people on there. I have had some great experiences from that app though, but you've just got to be careful.

Edited by Jack!

  • Author
5 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

I used some years ago, but never was brave enough to actually go out with someone that i met there.

And it's also annoying how 90% of the dominant guys these days are into findom, including straight frat men who found a niche in it and basically took up that space. Like dude i won't give you money for you to shove your feet down my throat leave me alone

9.gif

Gay men are doing findom too, its

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.