Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Thoughts on Someday (i will understand)

Featured Replies

On August 18, 2005, Britney Spears released Someday (I Will Understand) as the lead and only single off her EP Britney & Kevin: Chaotic. Britney wrote the song two weeks before knowing she was pregnant with her first child, Sean Preston. A pop ballad, its lyrics refer to a feeling of empowerment as a pregnant woman. A remixed version of the song was included on the 2005 remix compilation, B in the Mix: The Remixes.

 

 

I LOVE it, Britney ballads are heavily underrated and she should get more flowers for them.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, tost1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I smell your breath

It makes me cry

wrong song 

It's one of my favorite all time songs by her. I was surprised to later learn that she wrote it all by herself. We know she can play piano and used to write piano melodies.
 

I think that between the quality of this song and the knowledge that she can play fluent piano, it's a sign that she should have fought for/ been allowed to make a self written album and made that conditional (to her label), of her releasing music ever again.

 

I truly believe she could do it and not only that - that it would also be good. I suspect she already has multiple songs written over the years that she's either ghost written or done nothing with.

 

The tragedy is, I think it was her destiny to do this, and the opportunity was stolen from her by former managers/ writers, who saw dollar signs and wanted to insert themselves in to the picture (where they were not required), simply so they could take a $ cut from something Britney was the voice of.

 

I think one of the reasons she lives the artistically unfulfilled life she now lives is because her creative destiny was stolen from her by these people.

19 minutes ago, tost1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I smell your breath

It makes me cry

Wrong song but unironically I prefer my baby over someday, sonically it's so gorgeous 

I think it's one of the prime examples of her musical talent and her range as a Pop artist.

Even now, in these Instagram vids where she sings (sometimes very messily), you can hear the talent, too. She's not a whisperer, nor tone deaf, she can belt and has a powerful voice. Songwriters and producers she's worked with have praised her ear for melodies. She has envisioned tons of visual concepts and even just the way she sings, those little melismas, runs and just her very iconic way of enunciating lyrics and channelling emotion, it's all on her.

She's a very bright woman that has gone through a very crazy life and it sucks that the stars never aligned for her to showcase all her qualities at the highest level, all at once. That's why I'm grateful for moments and songs like these where she could be free artistically.

Edited by ChooseyLover

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

Wrong song but unironically I prefer my baby over someday, sonically it's so gorgeous 

My baby is a good song apart from that awful line. 

Just now, Unusualyou said:

My baby is a good song apart from that awful line. 

It's not even a very ridiculous line, it's just too literal 

Beautiful song; it got me through a rough time in my life. I used to listen to this song and Ray of Light a lot because they gave me hope for a better tomorrow :chick3:

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

It's not even a very ridiculous line, it's just too literal 

Exactly, her vocals and the melody are gorgeous 

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Beautiful song; it got me through a rough time in my life. I used to listen to this song and Ray of Light a lot because they gave me hope for a better tomorrow :chick3:

Don't you run too fast my dear, why don't you stop?
Just stop and listen to your tears, they're all you've got

 

this part always gets me

I think it's a gorgeous song, it reminds me of a more modern version of the Cranberries' Linger.

 

I prefer Someday over Everytime, ngl.

 

 

36 minutes ago, Unusualyou said:

Exactly, her vocals and the melody are gorgeous 

Yes it's literally the definition of GORGEOUS 

It's honestly one of my favorite songs. It's so good. I also love the music video which is of course iconic.

I adore it. Britney has some of the best ballads imo they're gorgeous and let us see how vulnerable, fragile, human she is. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.