Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Help!! Oral agreements - legality?

Featured Replies

Hey ya'll hey!

 

My ex-boyfriend just texted me to get ready for a Beyonce concert tonight. Even though we broke up, he said I HAVE to go with him since we had an ORAL AGREEMENT that I would go with him. He said that was a legal agreement. I don't think it is??

 

N-E-Ways, come 4th of July, I accidentally cheated on him with his cousin (it's ok, I slept with his uncle on Grindr long before I met him) so we BROKE UP. Meaning since we ain't no together, I don't have to go with him. I have NOT talked to him at all until I received his message.

 

Now I got the text message saying to be ready in 2 hours or else he will sue me. Is this legal? I really don't want to go and don't want to be in a horrible setting tonight either. I'm thinking he wants to get back together. (We've only broken up three times now) I was hoping to relax and eat some good food since I got some food app rewards to redeem. Please help!

  • Replies 35
  • Views 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Popular Post

Not legally binding. Anal agreements, however, are. 

For an oral contract to be binding there has to be offer, acceptance and consideration. It's unclear what the consideration would be in these circumstances.

 

Additionally, to sue you generally have to show damages. I'm not sure how your ex-boyfriend would quantify his damages of your non-attendance for his claim.

 

My assessment based on the limited information you have provided is that you are fine not attending the concert, and there is little legal exposure.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Not legally binding. Anal agreements, however, are. 

omg, I did that too. Does that mean it is legally enforced?

  • Author
1 minute ago, Wasp said:

For an oral contract to be binding there has to be offer, acceptance and consideration. It's unclear what the consideration would be in these circumstances.

 

Additionally, to sue you generally have to show damages. I'm not sure how your ex-boyfriend would quantify his damages of your non-attendance for his claim.

 

My assessment based on the limited information you have provided is that you are fine not attending the concert, and there is little legal exposure.

he said I said yes and if I don't go with him, he loses money on tickets. Does that qualify as damage? He paid for floor seats so I assume it's a lot...

  • Popular Post
Quote

I accidentally cheated on him with his cousin (it's ok, I slept with his uncle on Grindr long before I met him)

Pin on meme

Yes it's legally binding. While I've got you, I've recently come into a large sum of money. Can you send me your bank account details so I can share this with you? Security number as well please

15 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

I accidentally cheated on him with his cousin (it's ok, I slept with his uncle on Grindr long before I met him)

Xtina23

15 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

 I accidentally cheated on him with his cousin (it's ok, I slept with his uncle on Grindr long before I met him) so we BROKE UP.

 

monster-versus.gif

 

No. Tongue doesn't have bones, they turn white to black. Never ever been legal, hun. It's all based on trust 

Everything you do rn, even casual things like you lend your friends money, oh hun, you have to write it in a paper because that's the evidence if they, in the future, are acting weird and don't wanna give back.

And when they borrow you money, how sweet honey their mouth is but then when you want it back, they're about to be mad and curse you

:sabrina:

13 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

omg, I did that too. Does that mean it is legally enforced?

Unfortunately yes. Have fun at the concert! :gayoncecat3:

11 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I accidentally cheated on him with his cousin

 

  • Author
1 minute ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Unfortunately yes. Have fun at the concert! :gayoncecat3:

so I googled "anal agreements" and this is one of the only legal forms I could find.

 

https://www.scribd.com/document/254592790/Sexual-Agreement

 

would you mind me asking if you are a lawyer? I didn't sign this form but agreed orally to attend the concert with him if we bb (I tried to trap him into being my baby daddy but it didn't work)

Honey, first thing first. You ****** a dad and his son? :giraffe:

21 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Not legally binding. Anal agreements, however, are. 

What? :toofunny2:

  • Author
2 minutes ago, PicklePower said:

Honey, first thing first. You ****** a dad and his son? :giraffe:

No hunni, it was his UNCLE in 2018. I've been with my ex on/off since 2020...

Edited by Xtina23

1 minute ago, Xtina23 said:

No hunni, it was his UNCLE in 2018. I've been with my ex since 2020...

Yes I know, but like you ****** the uncle and the cousin (uncle's son)? That's hot tea

  • Author
1 minute ago, PicklePower said:

Yes I know, but like you ****** the uncle and the cousin (uncle's son)? That's hot tea

But it wasn't his son, it was his nephew (he has a big family). 

  • Author
7 minutes ago, fememeist said:

 

gurlll you know what?? I was twerking inside the pool at the Fourth of July party. His cousin was right next to me and well....

 

atrl.gif

2 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

But it wasn't his son, it was his nephew (he has a big family). 

Oh I see :flame:Gotta test the family cawk :gaycat2:

Quote

N-E-Ways, come 4th of July, I accidentally cheated on him with his cousin (it's ok, I slept with his uncle on Grindr long before I met him) so we BROKE UP.

This is why I pay for the internet 

Edited by P.O.P

Intrigued how you cheated on someone by accident. :lakitu: 
 

Also, enjoy the concert!

Edited by Jack!

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.