Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Sam Smith - "To Be Free"

Featured Replies

34 minutes ago, Yog said:

I wouldn't say that, have you seen people all over TikTok practically losing their parasocial minds for Sam to return to music like this.

Yeah, I know but that doesn't mean this screams "hit". Their past singles in this style sounded like hits. We'll see.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sam Smith never sounded so better in "To Be Free", this is legitimately some of their best vocals ever recorded.. 💙😭

  • Boring.   I wanted Love Me More or Too Good At Goodbyes type of songs

  • Blondie Darko
    Blondie Darko

    It's a shame and a waste they're back to this ballad **** cause Sam was really in their bag with these bangers:          

  • Author

Sam Smith never sounded so better in "To Be Free", this is legitimately some of their best vocals ever recorded.. 💙😭

Boring.

 

I wanted Love Me More or Too Good At Goodbyes type of songs

I liked it! That's definitely their sound. They need a stronger song tho for the first single. 

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I liked it! That's definitely their sound. They need a stronger song tho for the first single. 

I don't think this is for the album, it's for their upcoming residency and I feel SS5 is coming next year anyway, but this song is definitely an much needed cleanser 💙

honey this is excellent 

 

snatch those grammys sammy

  • Author

There's an somewhat subtle Trump diss in the music video :gaycat7:

 

  • Author
6 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

 

Love Is A Stillness had an bigger debut aka the less than two minute song had an bigger debut despite going viral and falling afterwards, this song has potential, in fact there's small traction happening in TikTok. 

18 minutes ago, Yog said:

Love Is A Stillness had an bigger debut aka the less than two minute song had an bigger debut despite going viral and falling afterwards, this song has potential, in fact there's small traction happening in TikTok. 

did they send To Be Free to radios or not yet? 

  • Author
5 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

did they send To Be Free to radios or not yet? 

I don't think so, I think this track is just promotion for the upcoming residency, why use a five year old scrapped song to launch an album?

Everything screamed "we want the ballad old Sam back"

 

Now its "Boring where's the club jams Sam"

 

:deadbanana4:

  • Author
1 hour ago, Appletree said:

Everything screamed "we want the ballad old Sam back"

 

Now its "Boring where's the club jams Sam"

 

:deadbanana4:

Tbh the playlisting is horrible, but than again it's Capitol 

13 hours ago, Appletree said:

Everything screamed "we want the ballad old Sam back"

 

Now its "Boring where's the club jams Sam"

 

:deadbanana4:

I didn't care for their pop era... and I was unaware of this release until I saw it in the New Music Friday playlist. 

I like it a lot, and I think the general public will come together for this new sound when the fall comes... They should definitely schedule a late November album release.

why all you care is if this sounds like a hit? like damn enjoy some music.

also there's market for this type of song. it could be a sleeper hit. 

  • Author
31 minutes ago, Fading said:

I didn't care for their pop era... and I was unaware of this release until I saw it in the New Music Friday playlist. 

I like it a lot, and I think the general public will come together for this new sound when the fall comes... They should definitely schedule a late November album release.

The album is not coming this year, Sam has the residency in October.

  • Author
13 minutes ago, unino said:

also there's market for this type of song. it could be a sleeper hit. 

There's definite appeal to song on TikTok, with videos are close to 800 and rising rather consistent

13 hours ago, Yog said:

Tbh the playlisting is horrible, but than again it's Capitol 

Let's hope they invest in his real lead single. I still think both of the songs will be on the actual album though. :heart2:

  • Author
20 minutes ago, Appletree said:

Let's hope they invest in his real lead single. I still think both of the songs will be on the actual album though. :heart2:

I hope so, but I feel "To Be Free" & "Love Is A Stillness" were just warm ups before the actual SS5 music comes.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.