Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

The Emancipation without JD, pick the singles

Featured Replies

Now most lambs know that Mariah recorded and submitted The Emancipation of Mimi, with LA Reid then suggesting she go see JD which then added the hit singles It's Like That, We Belong Together, Shake It Off and Get Your Number. Let's say Mariah released the 2004 version of the album, where Say Somethin' was intended to be the lead. Which singles would you have picked?

 

Tracklist

 

1. Mine Again

2. Say Somethin' (feat. Snoop Dogg)

3. Stay the Night

4. One and Only (feat. Twista)

5. Circles

6. Your Girl

7. I Wish You Knew

8. To The Floor (feat. Nelly)

9. Joy Ride

10. When I Feel It

11. Sprung

12. Secret Love

13. Fly Like a Bird

 

I would have chosen

 

1. Say Somethin'

2. Stay the Night

3. Mine Again

4. Sprung

5. Circles

6. Fly Like a Bird

Fly Like a Bird best song on the album, so definitely that one. The rest is tricky cause it's a very different album this way.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Daddy said:

So we almost didn't get her comeback album? Wow, I never knew :biblionny:

Had she not listened to LA Reid then no, all the singles we got wouldn't have existed. 

Say Somethin'

Circles

Stay the Night

Your Girl

So Lonely

Edited by Virgos Groove

Would still have been a top tier soul album but missing the bridges with the contemporaneous sound that made it cross over so heavily and become the blockbuster it is.

 

For singles?

 

1. Say Somethin'

2. When I Feel It

3. Circles

4. Stay the Night

5. Mine Again

1. When I Feel It

2. Stay The Night

3. Sprung

4. Fly Like a Bird

5. I wish you knew

1. Say Somethin' (feat. Snoop Dogg)

2. Sprung

3. Stay the Night

4. Fly Like a Bird

Maybe Say Something, Stay the Night, Fly Like a Bird. I doubt it would have gone very deep in singles since it's a good album but it's missing all the radio friendly songs

  1. Say Somethin' (feat. Snoop Dogg)
  2. Stay The Night (this is the closest we'd get to a WBT from this version of the album) 
  3. I Wish You Knew
  4. When I Feel It (as the deluxe release)
  5. Fly Like a Bird

I would say Say Something followed by Stay The Night and final single is Circles 

Say Somethin'

Stay the Night

Your Girl

Mine Again

Fly Like a Bird

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.