January 31, 20251 yr comment_27102052 On 1/30/2025 at 7:01 AM, Ryan said: Mods are currently discussing the idea of banning Twitter links. Banning Twitter links does not work for this site. Bad idea, IMO. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27102052 Share this post
January 31, 20251 yr comment_27102510 On 1/29/2025 at 9:01 PM, Ryan said: Mods are currently discussing the idea of banning Twitter links. I feel like turning ATRL into (more of) an echo chamber is a bad idea, actually. Giving people the choice is good enough when not everyone wants to go through the trouble of making yet another social media profile and handing personal data over to yet another company that could easily be sold off to meet the exact same fate as Twitter in a few years. Edited January 31, 20251 yr by ClashAndBurn Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27102510 Share this post
January 31, 20251 yr comment_27102962 ATRL existed just fine before Twitter links and it'll exist just fine after them. Sorry y'all but change is supposed to be uncomfortable. I deleted X the minute Trump won re-election knowing it would never be redeemable. The first 1-2 weeks sucked but not only do I not miss it, my mental health has skyrocketed in positive droves. If we really want peeps to migrate out of a platform, we can't sit around and wait for someone else to do it. I promise you Twitter is not food or water, you WILL live. You WILL find new and existing communities. And quite frankly in the age we're in, I'm highly suspicious of anyone compromising their principles to stay on a s***hole platform just out of sheer habit. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27102962 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27104120 On 1/30/2025 at 3:01 AM, Ryan said: Mods are currently discussing the idea of banning Twitter links. Twitter is internet bully capital, so I support this decision even though I was opposed to it not anymore. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27104120 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27104191 7 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said: I feel like turning ATRL into (more of) an echo chamber is a bad idea, actually. Giving people the choice is good enough when not everyone wants to go through the trouble of making yet another social media profile and handing personal data over to yet another company that could easily be sold off to meet the exact same fate as Twitter in a few years. America is in the midst of a fascist oligarchy that will have downstream global impact. We can can certainly handle the minor discomfort of not being able to embed Elon Musk's X links. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27104191 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27107290 @Ryan we don't deserve you Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27107290 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27107331 Twitter been extra trash since he altered the block function. You used to be able to well curate your TL via blocking (even blocking everyone who liked a tweet used to be an option), now I'm forced to see everything, and reporting doesn't work the same anymore There's a "Rape niggers" community with over 300 members we've been trying to get deleted and they keep ignoring the reports. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27107331 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27107333 i've thought about the different arguments for and against for a while and while I definitely won't be taking the time to create screenshots as I mostly access this site on mobile, I can definitely transition over to just the headlines from Twitter if Bluesky hasn't taken a take from Twitter outside the headlines that I've liked yet. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27107333 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27107421 Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27107421 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27107472 Bluesky embeds aren't working for me :( Is it only on desktops and not mobile yet? Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27107472 Share this post
February 1, 20251 yr comment_27107500 Just confirmed Bluesky embeds not working for mobile :( Until Bluesky embeds work for mobile I'll post from X until it's banned on here then make due I guess Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27107500 Share this post
February 2, 20251 yr comment_27109784 14 hours ago, Thuggin said: It's working for me on PC but not mobile Is this something that has to be resolved on my end on mobile, the forum's end, or Bluesky's end? Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27109784 Share this post
February 2, 20251 yr comment_27109799 Mess at twitter addicts fuming Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27109799 Share this post
February 5, 20251 yr comment_27134390 No shade, but who is using BlueSky? Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27134390 Share this post
February 5, 20251 yr comment_27137233 10 hours ago, Lagerfeld said: No shade, but who is using BlueSky? I would say the over 30 million+ users? Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27137233 Share this post
February 6, 20251 yr comment_27144421 Mobile embedding still not available :( Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27144421 Share this post
February 7, 20251 yr comment_27153212 On 1/29/2025 at 10:00 PM, Ryan said: We're working on the policy now. Should have it together by the end of the weekend. What's the latest on this? Thanks Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27153212 Share this post
February 9, 20251 yr comment_27161935 On 1/31/2025 at 1:19 PM, Assassin said: Banning Twitter links does not work for this site. Bad idea, IMO. Why not Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27161935 Share this post
February 14, 20251 yr comment_27190900 Icons. Time to end Xincel Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27190900 Share this post
February 28, 20251 yr comment_27266349 well if there will be a revolt against that evil, it should be leaded by gays, so Im here for it. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/496479-support-for-bluesky-link-embedding-added/page/3/#findComment-27266349 Share this post