Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Perfume - 'Nebula Romance: Part I'

Featured Replies

New album coming 9/20.

 

'Part II' will be released in 2025.

 

 

Imagen

 

Imagen

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tracklist:

1. The Light

2. ラブ・クラウド (Love Cloud)

3. Cosmic Treat

4. Starlight Dreams

5. IMA IMA IMA

6. すみっコディスコ (Sumikko Disco)

7. Morning Cruising

8. タイムカプセル (Time Capsule)

9. 時空花 (Jikuu Hana)

10. メビウス (Mobius)

 

IMA IMA IMA was played on the radio last week:

 

 

 

Edited by SecretSecret

I'm loving this retro phase Nakata is going through :jonny5: 

IMA IMA IMA is a top tier Perfume song. Can't wait for the full thing.

 

Love them so much but The Light and Sumikko Disco are not doing it for me at all. But still excited for the rest of the tracks. 

Edited by 4Walls

  • Author

Yeah, the singles are pretty solid, but I'm not totally sold. I like the neo-80's sound, but every song sounds too similar. I'm afraid that the album will end up being a little too homogeneous (especially knowing there's another batch of songs coming next year).

 

Also, I don't know what they were thinking with the AI mess of the cover... The photo with that retrofuturistic variety TV-show backdrop is perfect, and it fits the songs like a glove.

Edited by SecretSecret

it's out!! Perfume!!! Nakata!!! I'll be grateful for everything KING:xtinass:

Edited by D.D.D.

The first 5 songs are very good and the last 5 songs are... something. 

 

 

LOVE ITTTTT SMASHHHHHHH cosmic treat is amazing they've never sounded so effortless

  • Author
On 9/20/2024 at 5:49 AM, Kummercell said:

The first 5 songs are very good and the last 5 songs are... something. 

 

 

I'd say the last 3 songs are the best on the record. The first half feels more like by the numbers 80s revival, while in the last songs Nakata is applying the classic Perfume formula to the aesthetic. タイムカプセル's production goes crazy, it sounds straight out of GAME or Triangle.

IMA IMA IMA is legit of their best songs wow :jonny5: haven't stopped playing it ever since i heard it

Edited by Maddox

Perfume is my favorite group ever and I've been following their journey since GAME (?)... I kinda this album is more of a concept album rather than a traditional one. Moebius is the best song out of it, but this body of work needed more punchy up-tempos imo. I wish they could release bangers like Dream Fighter and Electro World again... do we know if pt.2 will follow the same sound as well?

I really like this! It's on the same level of Plasma for me, it's nice and enjoyable to listen but it makes me miss when their songs used to hit way harder with the beats.

 

Cosmic Treat and Moebius were my favorites of the new songs

Waaaaay better than their last album, I love the overall mood. 

 

Jikuu Hana is very Hikaru Utada, love it so much. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.