Dua Lipa's flop overlooked. Why?

Lagerfeld

I feel like the sudden floppage of Radical did not get the coverage any other pop girl would receive upon flopping. Like, she completely fell off. 

What went wrong?

giphy.webp 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• curiousladybug

• BANKS

• terrijoe

2 minutes ago, Lagerfeld said:

I feel like the sudden floppage of Radical did not get the coverage any other pop girl would receive upon flopping. Like, she completely fell off. 

What went wrong?

giphy.webp 

If you mean GP wise... no1 was looking to see her flop. It's been a crowded year music wise & there are other girls to be excited about at the moment (Chappell, Sabrina) so it's not like her floppage sits dwelling on people's minds.

Her faceless MPG persona kinda helped her in this situation... Most people probably remember the Barbie song or a teaser to Houdini as her last musical output.

giphy.webp 

• Like 8

Because she is not flopping like her haters want her to flop.

The girl is selling out her concerts, collecting diamond certifications and getting her biggest peaks.

:ryan3:

Edited by Papi Juancho
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

She's a cute girl but no one is really stanning her

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I honestly forgot about her until I seen this thread title. My attention been on the release of Billie Album, Charli XCX acclaim,Sabrina having two hits, The dragging of Taylor and Normani finally releasing an album that's actually decent.

2 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

I honestly forgot about her until I seen this thread title. My attention been on the release of Billie Album, Charli XCX acclaim,Sabrina having two hits, The dragging of Taylor and Normani finally releasing an album that's actually decent.

And none of them are as Conservative friendly as Dua's album. 
Illuminati sabotage confirmed.

It was made for the arts :giraffe:

Didn't it just pass a billion streams on Spotify? And it's only been out for a short time. It's not changing the world but I don't think it's a massive flop. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her stan base was never cocky like Liddo Monsters

• Like 5

Tbh I did expect her to flop, sooner or later the GP was going to drop her and she didn't really have a fan base to fall back on + it didn't help that the album was underwhelming :thing:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

because the higher you are, the harder you fall. and Dua's 'higher' isn't really that high compared to other pop girls.

LBR nobody is checking for Dua Lipa, she had COVID hits and she is over

• Haha 6

Because she isn't really being all that desperate or annoying about it, she's still just the vacation queen who we love for standing up for what's right in the world— not attempting to milk whatever she can from her platform but using it to give back, at least a little, instead.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.