Espresso outcharting Illusion. Why?

kellebrity98

40 minutes ago, Starfish said:

I hate Sabrina Carpenter. Like you guys have no idea how much I hate her. I think she is stupid, ugly, uncultured and shouldn't exist. I thought about making hate threads about her. And yet this hussy made me replay one of her songs. Espresso is just that good. Who knew she had it in her. The video is amazing as well. 

As for Dua, brits rarely last long. She had her moment and that moment has passed. 

I never understood why out of all people decide to hate Sabrina Carpenter. The gays are really something else.

Edited by Julia Fox

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Julia Fox

• Yes, AND

• Maroonx

Espresso is so much better. Illusion is Dua's most generic single since her debut era. Its' giving non-sample Ava Max, H&M dressing room and Zara (both store and artist) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, jomarr said:

Houdini is a hit. :skull: Let's grab the US and put it back on Earth because y'all think that the US is the only determinant for success.

As you can see, if she doesn't get a hit in the U.S., she is going to be labeled a flop no matter how well she does in Europe. This idea is so ancient, but it is what it is.

Her team needs to do something.

Even I have to stay off twitter right now. The amount of hate Dua is getting is insane. A compete 180 from FN. Why do people love a downfall so much? Quite concerning.

26 minutes ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

Espresso is so much better. Illusion is Dua's most generic single since her debut era. Its' giving non-sample Ava Max, H&M dressing room and Zara (both store and artist) 

Espresso sounds like copy of Say So by Doja Cat from 2019

And I wouldn't really use the H&M changing room narrative here cause Espresso is literally advertisement music

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Kylie's successor remains unbothered… Illusion remains a better song regardless so… it is what it is mamma!

:suburban:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

As you can see, if she doesn't get a hit in the U.S., she is going to be labeled a flop no matter how well she does in Europe. This idea is so ancient, but it is what it is.

Her team needs to do something.

Even I have to stay off twitter right now. The amount of hate Dua is getting is insane. A compete 180 from FN. Why do people love a downfall so much? Quite concerning.

Because chronically online internet gays have an unhealthy obsession with chart positions… just look at this forum as an example!

Commercial success is nice and we celebrate it when it happens for our girlies but using it as THE barometer for a songs/albums quality is just so bloody joyless. I learned that lesson with Gaga in 2013.

Dua is releasing some amazing, quality dance pop… she's going against the grain and sure, that might result in some disappointing chart positions but if she's serving bangers and selling arenas around the world - does it really matter?

• Like 1

That Albanian ethonationalist is over.

ezgif.com-optimize.thumb.gif.62d5552a325

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It hasn't been 3-5 business months for Duas new song yet :clap3:

• Haha 2

because sabrina has more talent. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Espresso is the better song, thats why x

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

*sigh* i guess it's time to fake-stan this Sabrina girl

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

And I wouldn't really use the H&M changing room narrative here cause Espresso is literally advertisement music

sis you're using the narrative about "copy" when Illusion's video is a copy of Kylie's video, and even the scene from your avi is a copy of Miley shoot. I'm saying this and I actually like Dua's song x

Miley_Cyrus_-_Endless_Summer_Vacation.pn

• Like 5

*sigh* i guess it's time to fake-stan this Sabrina girl

not surprised, espresso has a much better chorus & hook

7 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

sis you're using the narrative about "copy" when Illusion's video is a copy of Kylie's video, and even the scene from your avi is a copy of Miley shoot. I'm saying this and I actually like Dua's song x

Miley_Cyrus_-_Endless_Summer_Vacation.pn

get your facts straight before you come to me "sis"

"Illusion" pool video set-up was inspired by 1952 movie Million Dollar Mermaid and have nothing to do with Miley

Million-Dollar-Mermaid-4-620x400.jpg

And not you thinking Miley did something unique on a cover /and Im actually Miley fan and love ESV and own vinyl of it as well/

6f2d3a1e-8c19-46a5-a412-47f91861d487_129

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, mike_int said:

get your facts straight before you come to me "sis"

"Illusion" pool video set-up was inspired by 1952 movie Million Dollar Mermaid and have nothing to do with Miley

Million-Dollar-Mermaid-4-620x400.jpg

And not you thinking Miley did something unique on a cover /and Im actually Miley fan and love ESV and own vinyl of it as well/

6f2d3a1e-8c19-46a5-a412-47f91861d487_129

still a copy though, isn't it?

tenchi-arick.gif

26 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Where Are You What GIF by Yung Bae

People can say everything about Sabrina but saying she has no talent or isn't one of the most talented girls out there is just delusional. She can sing the hell out of it, she can dance, write, play piano and guitar, can direct, act and it's even a producer. You are all just looking ignorant with that remarks so find better arguments to justify your insignificant hate to a woman that has been working for almost 10 years to get where she is with the talent, passion and perseverance that not every

pop girl had. 

Edited by Julia Fox
  • Like 1

Because Sabrina has Team Bieber and Team Swift on her side

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starfish said:

I hate Sabrina Carpenter. Like you guys have no idea how much I hate her. I think she is stupid, ugly, uncultured and shouldn't exist. I thought about making hate threads about her. And yet this hussy made me replay one of her songs. Espresso is just that good. Who knew she had it in her. The video is amazing as well. 

As for Dua, brits rarely last long. She had her moment and that moment has passed. 

you know you that ***** when you cause all this conversation oh sabrina :jonny6:

Sabrina reminds me so much of young Xtina aguilera. Her attitude. Her class.
I wonder if that retro pop style with that modern twist in her music could be maybe her route :gaycat1:

Dua is clearly flopping cause kevin parker :giraffe: worst decision of her career to have that man producing her songs and coming with the psychedelic concept
hope this is not her witness and she's able to rebound :gayoncecat3:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

sometimes talent loses 

4 hours ago, mike_int said:

and you can bet we'd buy whatever she was selling

• Thumbs Down 1

Because Espresso is more in line with current trends

it wasn't love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion :jonny2:

• Like 1

damn that expresso song is catchy but, similar to that Greedy song, bland and faceless, pop music is currently in a such sorry state :rip:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.