Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

ATRL March Madness 2024 | WINNER!

Featured Replies

  • ATRL Moderator

7t6dD8b.png

 

Is there anything more painful on the charts than peaking at #2? These songs tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter — to paraphrase just one of the many iconic hits that couldn't quite make it to the apex of the Billboard Hot 100. So let's give them a shot at redemption in this latest edition of the annual tournament you've all been waiting for.

 

Yes, it's that time again! As college basketball fever sweeps the nation, we here at ATRL turn to what we do best: pitting celebrities against one another. We've already crowned the most indispensable cover, the most scene-stealing guest verse, the most legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, the dreamiest song by a teen idol, the supreme girl group track, the most bloody brilliant British single, the most iconic album cover, Oscar's gold standard Best Original Song, our favorite female video, the one-hit wonder we'll never tire of, the best Record of the Year winner, the greatest #1 hit of all time and Hollywood's hottest hottie. For our 14th (!) contest, we're providing music history's most famous runners-up an opportunity to finally come out on top.

 

Throughout the tournament, everyone will have a chance to participate by voting for their favorite #2 hits in one-on-one match-ups, whittling down the field of 64 songs until we reach our champion. But I need your help before we can begin! Please nominate your list of ten favorites that just missed the Hot 100 summit (no ranking necessary) in the thread below. These ballots will be used to determine the final list of competitors and help decide their tournament seeds. Now get to it, because the fun begins in a few days and you don't want your picks to be left out!

  • Replies 834
  • Views 41.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There's something deeply satisfying about Taylor's regressive "pick-me girl" anthem being taken out by a feminist manifesto performed by a seventeen-year-old lesbian. Some people want to dismantle the

  • Gjdgkfhd this almost feels like shade, since the Monsters have never gotten over “Tik Tok” blocking it on the charts.

  • We're back, baby!

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

I tried to find a list of every #2 hit ever, but alas, this is the best I could do:

 

 

These are a few other possible resources for ideas:

 

https://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-of-all-time-hot-100-no-2-hits/

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/alltimesingles/billboard-hot-100-songs-that-peaked-at-2/

come thru #2 hits!!!!!!!

 

Material Girl

34+35 Remix

Don't Stop Now

Levitating

Express Yourself

Frozen

How Do I Live

Work It

I've Been Waiting For A Girl Like You

Still The One

You Belong With Me

Bad Romance

Levitating

I Love You Always Forever

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree

How Do I live 

You're Still The One

Need You Now

Since U Been Gone

 

Levitating

Bad Romance

Take Me to Church

Get Lucky

Bohemian Rhapsody

Complicated

Crazy

Mirrors

Hotline Bling

Thinking Out Loud

Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty

I'm Not in Love - 10cc

C'est La Vie - Robbie Nevil

Be My Baby - The Ronnettes

Joanna - Kool & the Gang

Cherish - Kool & the Gang

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

Can't Take My Eyes of You -Frankie Valli & the 4 Seasons

Bad Moon Rising - Clearance Clearwater Revival

Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis

Great idea :clap3: 

 

Same as previous years, I'm too lazy to compile a nomination list, so I'd just wait til the tournament begins :alexz3:

I Believe I Can Fly

Return of the Mack

Kiss Me

Survivor

Let Me Blow Ya Mind

The Reason

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Oh

Don't Cha

Drunk in Love

Edited by prézli

Please. I put on the youtube video and only looked at quickly so I thought it was 15 minutes.
 

It’s actually an hour. :deadbanana2:

 

Not Can’t Help Falling in Love With You and You Don’t Own Me being eligible for this contest. Yall better shortlist!


AOTY nominee Albus Dumbledore is ELIGIBLE for this contest. 
 

cce0114799ce3bdbd82f5100b214a8c1.gif

Frozen

Party In The U.S.A.

Kiss Me (Sixpence None The Richer)

Nobody's Supposed To Be Here (Deborah Cox)
Raspberry Beret

Fergalicious

We Can't Stop

Freak Like Me (Adina Howard)

Pon De Replay

Rock Wit U (Awww Baby)

 

until the day until THE DAWNNN

This is going to be so iconic

 

  1. Nobody's Supposed to Be Here - Deborah Cox
  2. Case of the Ex - Mya
  3. I Love You Always Forever - Donna Lewis
  4. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
  5. Complicated - Avril Lavigne
  6. The Reason - Hoobastank
  7. Hanging By a Moment - Lifehouse
  8. It's All Coming Back to Me Now - Celine Dion
  9. 1, 2 Step - Ciara
  10. Work It - Missy Elliott

 

someone nominate Linkin Park's "In The End"

Edited by naval23

En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back to Me Now

Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
Madonna - Frozen
Missy - Work It 
Fergie - Fergalicious
Adina Howard - Freak Like Me
Ciara - 1, 2, Step
Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
Mya - Case of the Ex

  • ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Patrick said:

I Love You

 

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Always

 

59 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Forever

 

 

You bitch!

4 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

 

 

You *****!

Do you mean…

 

 

Also eligible!


 

I want 25 slots!

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.