Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Albums that changed/defined you

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

    How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful will forever be bigger than life for me. It not only changed the way I approached music, the whole era connected with me on a level I never experienced music before. T

  • PoisonedIvy
    PoisonedIvy

    Red (2012) - Taylor Swift actually changed my life. Prior to its release I only consumed music passively, and even though I was a big fan of Taylor’s Fearless & Speak Now, this album transcended t

  • Lorde - Melodrama, this one is self explanatory, it was of great significance to every gay teenager in 2017. I remember the album leaked a week or so prior while I was at high school, downloaded it on

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster - the start of my pop music obsession :heart2: 

 

Lady Gaga - Born This Way - made me feel accepted the way I am :heart2:

 

Katy's Teenage Dream and PRISM were my playlists for growing up :heart:

 

Lana's Born To Die/Ellie's Halcyon/Marina's Electra Heart/Florence's Ceremonials/Halsey's BADLANDS defined my tumblr era :celestial:

 

Kesha's Rainbow/Lana's Ocean BLVD/Carly's EMOTION bring out deep emotions within me and they mean a lot to me :bird:

 

 

 

No surprise, considering my username. Even though it's an EP, its impact is above any other body of work I've listened to. It introduced me to SOPHIE, who became one of my favorite artists of all time. It awakened my desire for sharp, over-the-top electronic music with unique sounds that are sometimes on the more abrasive side. Still my favorite piece of music ever released, to this day. It made me go from a casual music listener, to someone who actively searches for new stuff to listen to.

 

Honorable mentions include MAYA and MATANGI by M.I.A., Discovery by Daft Punk, Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides by SOPHIE, and Erotica by Madonna.

Edited by ZacXCX

Erykah Badu - Mamas Gun

 

Animal Collective - Feels

 

Ciara - The Evolution

 

Beach House - Devotion


Moby - Play

 

Diggable Planets - Reachin’ (A New Refutation of Time and Space)

 

 

sour (2021) - my coming of age year, felt nothing but loneliness during the pandemic and hated having to attend zoom classes, many songs directed me to a better position in life from where i used to be before i got to experience the album/era

 

dangerous woman (2016) - peak middle school, my best years as an arianator, loved the album from top to bottom and made me transition from a child to young teenager ?

 

cry baby (2015) - used to feel frustrated about the ongoings from the sixth grade and this album would help me navigate that transition, my online friends at the time loved it too, soap, play date, milk and cookies, teddy bear and sippy cup are healing

 

folklore (2020) - first heard it fully in late 2021 actually and immediately fell  in love with it, that void within myself got filled with the enchanting lyirics and melodies off 'folklore' which helped me understand being vulnerable sometimes isnt a choice

 

guts (2023) - heard it for the first time in the morning of my 20th birthday and that same day i got to meet my current boyfriend, he crossed oceans to meet me and is currently sitting by my bedroom window laying in bed rn as the second visit,,, to me vampire represents the culmination of all of what ive experienced during my past life, before i got to meet him (the angst, mellow feelings? memories) , funnily enough i first heard it shortly before meeting him and it seems like a turning point in my life, lacy reminds me of past friends

 

honorable mentions: bangerz (2013), prism (2014) because i used to love most of its singles back then and my friends did as well.

 

(lmao i just noticed i seem very troubled from the reasons that justify the impact these albums had on me but its the harsh truth whew..)

 

09c2b93c4cb08f9b8fc2ed298a2ef2eae00b8ab5tumblr_o5rd9j79hA1slzelwo1_500.giftumblr_ogsiws6Z6D1vpkaelo1_540.gif 

 

 

 

The Academy Is... - Fast Times at Barrington High
Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends

Muse - Muse Black Holes and Revelations

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

The Hush Sound - Goodbye Blues

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

Lady Gaga - Born This Way

Wild Nothing - Gemini

Kid Cudi - Indicud

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence

Bon Iver - 22, A Million

Florence & The Machine - How Big How Blue How Beautiful

Edited by Gladiator

Red (2012) - Taylor Swift actually changed my life. Prior to its release I only consumed music passively, and even though I was a big fan of Taylor’s Fearless & Speak Now, this album transcended the realm of how I could connect to music at that point in time. That’s where I first knew I was in love with the experience of an ALBUM, and the cohesion that binds every song together.

 

Pure Heroine (2013) Lorde - as mentioned, this album was formative for the young introvert I considered myself to be in the transition from adolescence to young adulthood. This is definitely the album that opened my interests to more “alternative” leaning sounds. 
 

How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (2015) Florence + The Machine - this was my first time experiencing music that extended beyond the physical enjoyment, mental stimulation, and emotional connection; this was truly a spiritual awakening. This is when I realized music transcends time and space and has the capacity to link souls. It’s a feeling I’ll never forget, because I actually thought Florence was a witch with how mesmerizing and euphoric the album was :deadbanana4:

 

Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015) Miley Cyrus - This was when I opened up to the idea of not just “alternative” music (which was essentially my favorite genre by this point in time) but to experimental and nonconventional music. It has opened my mind to experience things I never would have had the courage to try and I’m forever grateful for it. 
 

A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (2018) The 1975 - This one isn’t quite as profound but it just was the happiest time of my life and I associate this album greatly with it. They’re one of my favorite bands and the music was exciting, adventurous, and free, which were all the things I was feeling as I moved into an independent phase. 
 

Preacher’s Daughter (2022) Ethel Cain - A spiritual rebirth that helped me process a lot of deeply rooted traumas and baggage that I had suppressed and ignored for so long. I felt connected to the story and the music in a way I have literally never felt before. This is probably my soulmate album if I’m being honest, I don’t know how anything else could ever come close to the sensation I felt with this.

Edited by PoisonedIvy

Bring me the Horizon - amo

Michael Jackson - Thriller

nothing,nowhere. - Trauma Factory

Lorde - Melodrama

Lady Gaga - Born This Way

PVRIS - all we know of heaven, all we need of hell

Ethel Cain - Preacher’s Daughter

600x600sr.png

 

Absolutes by Barcelona: Probably my favorite album of all time. Makes me feel safe & at home and I never get tired of it.

 

600x600sr.jpg

 

The Last Broadcast by Doves: Love this album, almost ties as my favorite album ever.

 

600x600sr.jpg

Dignity by Hilary Duff: No surprise, this album changed me and will forever be my favorite thing my queen as ever done :loki:

600x600sr.jpg

 

Fallen by Evanescence: Whew, what an album, was running through my veins as a youngin'.

 

600x600sr.jpg

 

Welcome to Medina by Medina: MY DANISH QUEEN! I love this album so much, slaps still to this day.

 

600x600sr.jpg

 

Heartache and Fear by Tape The Radio: Great album, a hidden gem I found by accident back in the day and loved it so much.

 

key-bad-love.jpg

 

BAD LOVE by Key: My kpop ult forever, I love him and this album is perfect :WAP:

 

600x600sr.jpg

 

Aaliyah by Aaliyah: Never get tired of this album, one of my al time favorites.

 

600x600sr.jpg

 

Сила Трёх by Serebro: Banger after banger and I still to this day play Перепутала on a loop and never get tired. Literally altered my brain chemistry :jonny5:

 

I was bullied during my late primary school years and almost my entire secondary school ones. Body Language by Kylie, Stripped by Xtina and Feels So Good by Atomic Kitten helped me scape my reality at that time and made me feel better. From those years on I became a pop music stan.

Edited by Elvenpath

Björk – Vespertine

Sleater-Kinney – The Hot Rock

Janet Jackson – The Velvet Rope

Erykah Badu – Mama's Gun

Solange – A Seat at the Table

Portishead – Dummy

Daniel Caesar – Freudian

Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city

Aaliyah – Aaliyah

Beyoncé – RENAISSANCE

Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence

Madonna – Ray of Light

 

829379e5b52ce580e4af999c7f6b48c4.jpg#829379e5b52ce580e4af999c7f6b48c4

Starry Night Over The Phone - Allday


 

Quote

 

best album i've heard since The Black, changed my taste in music .. really hit deep and is now my most played album of all time

I didn't hear it till 3 years after it was released but this album has changed my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

70d1756e390acd9dd6ffc377a6829a18.jpg#70d1756e390acd9dd6ffc377a6829a18

 

The Black - Asking Alexandria 

 

Quote

Then there is The Black (The album that made me a Denis Stoff stan and that man has changed my life and never loved a singer as much as I do Denis :heart:

plus have a giant flag of this album cover in my house :heart:

 

3aef58651429494b857ea2e39fb520cc.jpg#3aef58651429494b857ea2e39fb520cc

 

Dreams - Evermore

 

Quote

 

first band I ever stanned .. first album I ever stan almost a 20 year old album and everytime I listen to it .. I still get goose bumps and know every song off by heart :heart:

and for me I can't pick up on lyrics AT all because of my disability. But This album I can .. its weird.  

 

 

 

No any other album comes close to these .. the way one album helped me through my teens, the other through my 20s and the current one through my 30s

I’ve talked to death on here about how impactful particular Taylor albums have been on my life, especially Red and Evermore, so I’ll post something else.

 

Charli_XCX_-_Charli.png
 

I know it’s not exactly the leading favorite among her fanbase, but this album completely changed the way I see a lot of music, set me up to get into other artists and sounds - it’s probably the one that’s moved me most in life outside the context of Taylor. I will never be able to get enough from Charli, from AG Cook, or from their work together after hearing this. Something about it, and even about its scrapped tracks and offshoots like Miss U and Don’t Call Me and Witch V Witch, just clicked with me so hard. 
 

This is the kind of album where I’d happily pay like $100 for some ultra-deluxe that includes every single vaguely listenable scrap of material from its sessions. I could get lost for weeks in something like that.

Rihanna's Rated R and Folklore were really great albums for me when I went through 2 pretty rough breakups. 

53-F6-E976-2583-474-E-8-E41-66797-AAFBD1

 

2014 Forrest Hills Drive - perfectly captures not only adolescence but also how it shapes your worldview and belief system in adulthood.

Key track: Love Yourz

 

LP1 - Overall, this album changed the way I listen to music. I had never heard production so intricate and purposeful before this. I also relate to being seen as one thing, but being something else. A recurring theme is being misunderstood for being smaller, more docile, or submissive than one is.

Key Track: Pendulum

 

AALIYAH - This album is included because my love for music and fashion stems from this album/era. Before, I used to think of music and visual art as two separate things, but then with Aaliyah, you can’t evaluate her as an artist without considering both. To this day, I think I am inspired fashion-wise by her as a whole but this era in particular.

Key Track: We Need A Resolution 

 

Tales of America - Captures some of my experiences as an immigrant. One thing explored here is how Americans are very happy to talk deeply about foreigners or foreign relations so long as there is a distance and they do not know a foreigner personally. But they will be the FIRST to write think pieces on it, etc.

Key Track: God Bless America

 

Hot Fuss - I hate that Mr. Brightside overshadows the rest of the songs, but this album is another great one about adolescence. Even songs about questioning your sexuality, etc.

Key Track: Everything Will Be Alright

 

Stripped - Pretty obvious.

Key Track: Stripped Intro pt. 1 & 2

Edited by Darius

  • Author

Honorable mentions for ME!

Rolling Papers- Wiz Khalifa

III- Banks

X100PRE- Bad Bunny

Chromatica- Lady Gaga

ARTPOP- Lady Gaga

Animal- Kesha

blue lips- Tove Lo

After Hours- The Weeknd

Happier Than Ever- Billie Eilish

Pang- Caroline Polachek

Blurryface- twentyonepilots

The Brightest Blue- Ellie Goulding

DAMN.- Kendrick Lamar

Whats Your Pleasure?- Jessie Ware

Vibras- J Balvin

ASTROWORLD- Travis Scott

SOUR- Olivia Rodrigo

fred again- Actual Life 2

 

 

Sing The Sorrow - AFI

Blink 182 - Blink 182

Let It Enfold You - Senses Fail

The Emancipation of Mimi - Mariah

Love Angel Music Baby - Gwen

The Fame/Monster - Gaga 

The Alter - Banks

Take Me Apart - Kelela 

After Hours - The Weeknd

Ephemeral - Mr. Kitty 

Edited by PMKARDASHIAN

Loose by Nelly Furtado

 

On top of being the first album I have ever listened to it in full, this wondeful piece of art shaped the way I enjoy and approach music since then and pushed me to focus on the English language more (the following album, Mi Plan did the same with Spanish). I listened to it so much, that hearing any of its songs immediately brings me to the feelings and the emotions of high school.

 

Britney Spears - Blackout

Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

Ciara - Fantasy Ride

Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid

VaVa - 21

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.