DOJ considering massive antitrust case against Apple regarding iPhones

Espresso

That's very interesting. Weren't the same people in America rallying to investigate EU for targeting American "tech" (Facebook, Twitter, Apple among other things) :devil:

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 1

End those green text bubbles!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

That's very interesting. Weren't the same people in America rallying to investigate EU for targeting American "tech" (Facebook, Twitter, Apple among other things) :devil:

What? All of those companies are under investigation for monopolistic practices and data issues. The FCC in particular is targeting all those tech companies. Or are you just using a straw man? 

• Thanks 1

Microsoft next

ILKMAGSFAHAUW17tagajaua6a5a17.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Tropez said:

What? All of those companies are under investigation for monopolistic practices and data issues. The FCC in particular is targeting all those tech companies. Or are you just using a straw man? 

https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-lawmakers-urge-biden-probe-eu-targeting-tech-firms-letter-2023-12-18/

I remember it being worded differently but it might have been intentional.

21 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-lawmakers-urge-biden-probe-eu-targeting-tech-firms-letter-2023-12-18/

I remember it being worded differently but it might have been intentional.

This has been going on for years amongst US law makers. 

NYT: In Its First Monopoly Trial of Modern Internet Era, U.S. Sets Sights on Google

Head of the FTC, Lina Khan is one of the most notable anti-monopoly people in government. 

Lina Khan’s Anti-Monopoly Power

So no it’s not the same people. And this has been a major political issue for years on both sides for various reasons.

If you have been paying attention to the news this has been going on for years. 

• Thanks 2

If we had a proper antitrust division in this country then IG would’ve never been allowed to merge with FB. That is all I’ll contribute to that angle of the conversation.

• Like 1

I love Apple products and I am still in full support of this. These mega corporations are getting a bit too much these past few years in particular 

• Like 1

They’re dominant because iPhones are high quality unlike other smartphones. :coffee2:

• Thanks 1

Apple’s new privacy tool, App Tracking Transparency, which allows iPhone users to explicitly choose whether an app can track them, drew scrutiny because of its curtailing of user data collection by advertisers. Advertising companies have said that the tool is anticompetitive.

apple cannot lose this battle. the opps want to downgrade the company to android status so bad under the guise of "anticompetitiveness" when really... it's a skill issue

• ATRL Moderator

It’s a bit unclear to me what the major complaint is at the moment? From one article I saw, one of the points of contention is that Apple Watches work better with the iPhone than other smart watch brands. Which is superfluous. Of course a company is going to be able to make products that work well with their own products. That doesn’t seem like a valid anti-competitive claim to me. There are so many other real points of anticompetitive practice in tech and in general in our country, so I feel some of these examples seem super random. 

• Like 1

The feds are so rotten and their destroy big tech crusade has gone badly for them. Expecting they’ll get their asses handed to them in court like their other takedown attempts of Amazon and Meta.

Edited by PoisonPill

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.