Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Britney Spears - "Before The Goodbye" Appreciation Thread

Featured Replies

7 hours ago, skizzo said:

“My favorite song i’ve ever recorded is Before the Goodbye, which was a bonus track on my third album. I love that song and regret that it wasn’t made into a single.” - Britney Spears in a new excerpt from her book, #TheWomanInMe 

This is a fake quote

 

7 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

Well, considering this was the original album lead prior to "I'm a Slave 4 U" it makes sense.

How so when the song wasn’t even finished

  • Replies 61
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Britney has impeccable taste. She also fought for "Breathe On Me" to be a single but her dumbass record label was set on "Outrageous" since day 1

  • Not this sounding better than the rest of that album 

  • BraveNewSeth
    BraveNewSeth

    Britney and BT (guy who produced this song) had some kind of falling out and his songs ended up being excluded from the album. I’m glad Slave was the lead single but I do wish BTG had its moment to sh

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

This is a fake quote

How is it fake? I've seen it posted everywhere

Britney hates Bombastic Love so much. I read she would fight daily with her label not to have it on the album and even worse, they wanted to officially release it instead of Overprotected. 

 

Also P!nk used the "uh oh uh oh" sample way better. 2:48 in this video:

 

 

Brit coming through with the excellent taste again. I agree, BTG is one of the best recordings of her career and it's a real shame it was relegated to a bonus track.

3 minutes ago, skizzo said:

How is it fake? I've seen it posted everywhere

Did you read the book

  • Author
13 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Did you read the book

No but I read many comments on youtube about people going to listen to the song after reading the book. So are they all liars then?

 

If so, then I admit I was duped. She actually spoke about BTG before on Rolling Stone saying it was one of her favorites when she was recording, so it seemed plausible to me that it was a real quote.

Edited by skizzo

15 minutes ago, skizzo said:

No but I read many comments on youtube about people going to listen to the song after reading the book. So are they all liars then?

 

42 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

How so when the song wasn’t even finished

What do you mean? "Before the Goodbye" was selected as the album's lead, then "I'm a Slave 4 U" was selected. 🤷

1 hour ago, livelikemusic said:

What do you mean? "Before the Goodbye" was selected as the album's lead, then "I'm a Slave 4 U" was selected. 🤷

I think it was BT (the producer) who said “Before the Goodbye” was in fact not properly finished, so makes me wonder how’d they go with a song that was still in the works

 

2 hours ago, skizzo said:

If so, then I admit I was duped. She actually spoke about BTG before on Rolling Stone saying it was one of her favorites when she was recording, so it seemed plausible to me that it was a real quote.

I don’t recall her saying that in the RS interview. She did say though to YM Magazine that “Bring Me Home” was her favorite off the record and it didn’t even make it in the end.

35 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I think it was BT (the producer) who said “Before the Goodbye” was in fact not properly finished, so makes me wonder how’d they go with a song that was still in the works

Clearly, they would have finished it prior to release, so... yeah. But then the change was made, so there was no immediate need to finish the song prior to single release.

Ugh, this and I Run Away are two of her best songs ever. They would’ve really elevated the album had they been included in the standard edition. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.