Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

If Kevin's / Danny's production style was what's holding Houdini back, then not really, but if radio craves chorus that is more fun and Dua's attitude to be more witty then TS has exactly that

Could you tell us the length of the song?

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 739.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

7 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

It lives in the same world as Houdini, full of dramatic transitions and passages, but it's catchier and has more universal appeal. It's confident and flirtatious, has both dynamic chorus and anthemic post-chorus (which contains the hook). The bridge this time is fully lyrical as well and the song ends with an instrumental climax. Not gonna lie I hope it's another contender for an extended version down the line

Sounds like, similar to Houdini, this is exactly how I felt about FN songs - in that (while obviously great), they're so compact and condensed to be a hit that I almost wish they were 1-1.5min longer, to allow some breathing room and for the songs' Instrumentals to grow/build. I think I said this in some thread years ago: imagine FN (and now DL3) but with Jessie's WYP? style of song growth. Not every song has to be so short. 

 

That's what I love about Houdini extended (which I hope becomes the main album version, even tho I don't expect this tbh)

It’s all going the right way, and I CAN STAND IT!!!!!

Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

Sounds like, similar to Houdini, this is exactly how I felt about FN songs - in that (while obviously great), they're so compact and condensed to be a hit that I almost wish they were 1-1.5min longer, to allow some breathing room and for the songs' Instrumentals to grow/build. I think I said this in some thread years ago: imagine FN (and now DL3) but with Jessie's WYP? style of song growth. Not every song has to be so short. 

 

That's what I love about Houdini extended (which I hope becomes the main album version, even tho I don't expect this tbh)

I didn't really feel that way about most FN songs, but I do feel it more now. But I don't think Houdini extended is really fixing that. Apart from really poor mixing, the additional part is just not necessary and with how it stands out it actually takes away more space from the structuring. What I personally want to hear is the Spotlight music video version to album version kinda fix. Just give the existing elements more room to breathe, enhance the build ups, it all can be done without adding anything particulary new.

8 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

If Kevin's / Danny's production style was what's holding Houdini back, then not really, but if radio craves chorus that is more fun and Dua's attitude to be more witty then TS has exactly that

I’m glad she has another distinct sound for this album. Dua is all about era building and consistency, I can’t wait to see where we are in a year’s time

2 minutes ago, VilsonMuqa said:

in before she performs DTN & Houdini

 

 

I mean I doubt it but I’d still consider it a win cause it’s not a just DTN performance nn

:jonny3::jonny3::jonny3::jonny3::jonny3:
WE WONNNNN

She probably got the memo that DTN is nominated for the Oscars :giraffe: 

I still think DTN will be included in some way on the performance. Maybe a little pink-cute moment before the "chaos".

4 minutes ago, VilsonMuqa said:

in before she performs DTN & Houdini

 

 

idc if she performs Not My Problem & Houdini... FINALLY A HOUDINI PERFORMANCE

74guxc.jpg?a473448

3 minutes ago, Soul Glitch said:

I still think DTN will be included in some way on the performance. Maybe a little pink-cute moment before the "chaos".

Serving

 

 

Truly this gen’s Katy

6 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

I didn't really feel that way about most FN songs, but I do feel it more now. But I don't think Houdini extended is really fixing that. Apart from really poor mixing, the additional part is just not necessary and with how it stands out it actually takes away more space from the structuring. What I personally want to hear is the Spotlight music video version to album version kinda fix. Just give the existing elements more room to breathe, enhance the build ups, it all can be done without adding anything particulary new.

Hmm I don't totally agree but hear what you're saying! I love the new Houdini verse personally, and don't really get why some people don't like the extended (apart from new verse). It's pretty much mostly the same, just with more production elements you don't hear in the OG (third chorus especially, plus the instrumental bridge). It makes it more dynamic to me... Tho I do get people's point that in Houdini's case the shorter, more compact version does keep up the energy/urgency a little better than the longer one. 

 

Glad we have both!

3 minutes ago, Cain said:

Serving

 

 

Truly this gen’s Katy

Not this sis kjksdkjsd

Training Season (for real this time) :duca:

If she drops right before the Grammys... WHEW:jonny5:

Album announcement during Grammys Night for maximum impact :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

Album announcement during Grammys Night for maximum impact :jonny5:

I need a date, so yes pls :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, Soul Glitch said:

Not this sis kjksdkjsd

I can see it, the spotlight comes on, Dua is standing in a pretty pink dress with a Barbie doll in her hand, the DTN strings start playing…

 

Then a giant disco ball falls out of the sky and SMASHES into pieces, the camera pans back to Dua and she snaps the Barbie doll in half, rips off her pink dress to reveal a black outfit and Houdini’s guitars start raging :jonny5:

 

Queen of rock!

I hope she announces the album at once with this new single. I'm tired of not knowing anything about it and it's been quite a long time 

Houdini performance :WAP:

Cant wait to hear Training Season after some of the tea we originally got about it too :duca:

13 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Album announcement during Grammys Night for maximum impact :jonny5:

When she serves a Macy Gray and wears a dress with the release date of the album to make up for at the lost promo slots of the last 2 months 

So, it's def TS and Houdini at the Grammy's since she can't perform DTN before the Academy Awards, especially if the song will get a nomination, right?

Houdini is gonna hit 200M before the performance, ugh this is perfect 

 

She said Houdini WILL join the 1B club :giraffe:

and the promo starts as I knew she would :jonny5:

 

Love how this entire thread switched as soon as its announced she's finally gonna do a live performance :gayalipacat4:

 

Maybe now it won't be so negative in here

 

:ryan3:

31 minutes ago, Sexual_Gold said:

So, it's def TS and Houdini at the Grammy's since she can't perform DTN before the Academy Awards, especially if the song will get a nomination, right?

Huh? What do you mean?

Thank god shes not performing dance the night. its a good song but we need houdini / training season medly NOW

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.