Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

I found this to be very underwhelming for a pop star of her caliber. Itโ€™ll be a hit but I donโ€™t see it being huge or anything. The song is not bad, just weak and boring. Whoever chose this as the lead needs a foot up their ass.

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 739.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that sheโ€™s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

Apple Music Overall
#1[+0] - Brazil
#1[+0] - Netherlands
#5[+0] - Belgium
#8[-1] - UK
#8[-1] - NewZealand
#9[+1] - France, New peak
#12[+2] - Italy, New peak
#13[+1] - Australia
#13[+0] - Spain
#14[-1] - Germany
#22[+1] - Canada, Re-peak
#52[+0] - Mexico
#160[+13] - US, +7 from yesterday around the same time!

ย 

Apple Music Pop
#1[=] - Mexico
#1[=] - Brazil
#1[=] - Netherlands
#2[=] - France
#2[=] - Belgium
#2[=] - Spain
#4[=] - UK
#5[=] - Germany
#6[=] - Italy
#6[-1] - NewZealand
#7[=] - Canada
#8[+1] - Australia
#15[=] - US

Edited by xicnx

I told yall itโ€™s not explosive enough and yall said i was a haterย :bird:

14 minutes ago, hรฉtรฉrosexuelle said:

I told yall itโ€™s not explosive enough and yall said i was a haterย :bird:

Well you areย :bird:ย but haters can be right

ย 

Spoiler

youโ€™re not tho

ย 

6 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

ย 

Iโ€™ve always said Dua Lipa should explore R&B, Alternative R&B and Hip-Hop Soul more as the tone of her voice alone is kryptonite to those genres/styles and she would do well with it.ย 
ย 

I think even an Afro-Beat based sound would do her justice too (not so much Dancehall/Reggae Fusion/Caribbean Fusion).ย 
ย 

Her fans, though, unfortunately, will want to keep her in the tight Pop/Dance box that sheโ€™s been doing since 2015, even if it becomes boring, and have her become the British Kylie Minogue.ย 
ย 

Anyhowโ€ฆ

ย 

:rip:
ย 

ย 

Thereโ€™s time and place for everything, Dua herself has said she wants to do at least one more pop dance album.

Iโ€™m sure EVERYONE would love an album more focused on her vocals, but thereโ€™s no need to rush, sheโ€™s not even 30. Let her serve more bops before a switch.
ย 

This is the Heartless of the era, sheโ€™s coming with her Blinding Lights in January

ย 

IMG_0284.gif?ex=65637b14&is=65510614&hm=

6 minutes ago, Cain said:

Well you areย :bird:ย but haters can be right

ย 

ย  Hide contents

youโ€™re not tho

ย 

Thank you for being nuanced enough to realize Iโ€™m not a haterย :bird:ย love my balkan sis

4 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Thereโ€™s time and place for everything, Dua herself has said she wants to do at least one more pop dance album.

Iโ€™m sure EVERYONE would love an album more focused on her vocals, but thereโ€™s no need to rush, sheโ€™s not even 30. Let her serve more bops before a switch.
ย 

we need for her to prepare to launch DL4 in 2025 thoย :ducky:

11 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Thereโ€™s time and place for everything, Dua herself has said she wants to do at least one more pop dance album.

Iโ€™m sure EVERYONE would love an album more focused on her vocals, but thereโ€™s no need to rush, sheโ€™s not even 30. Let her serve more bops before a switch.
ย 

I cannot even imagine her n3xt tour . It will be literally BOP after BOPย 

obsessed with that Giorgio Moroder-like outro

ย 

spacer.png

Edited by Drowned8World

2 hours ago, hรฉtรฉrosexuelle said:

I told yall itโ€™s not explosive enough and yall said i was a haterย :bird:

Ready to quote you in a couple of months lol

52 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

ย 

ย 

Extremely stable which is a really good sign

This is going to rebound give it some timeย 

Already top on my spotify repeatย 

I like Houdini, just don't love it yet. I appreciate the magical production and vibes to the song.ย 

This thread is a disaster that I expected. What's wrong with you fans. This is her biggest debut on platforms are you feeding into the haters?ย 

ย 

Drop was expected this is not viral yet and how can you judge a song in less then three days most of the GP had barely had a chance to hear it yet.ย 

ย 

However it totally goes off on radio and in the club.ย 

ย 

Dua doesn't have cattle ranging around a field looking for her next droplet like other fan bases. Quality prevails learn from the Madonna & Rhianna blueprint?ย 

Love the song. The video is meh. They couldโ€™ve come up with something a lot better

Why is ATRL and pop stans in general so obsessed with female artists โ€œevolvingโ€. If she was doing something else yall would be dragging her for wanting to crack US market or something and not โ€œbeing true to herself and her fanbaseโ€ by not releasing PuRe poP music.

ย 

ugh I am not even a fan of Dua, just a casual listener but sheโ€™s doing a good jobย :michael:

The production is impeccable (as usual with her) but I hate that it's not as catchy as Don't Start Now, Levitating or any single from FN. Like Dance the Night, it's a nice song, but I don't see myself listening to it on repeat like I did with FN...

ย 

Guess I'll just wait for the next single.

i loved it at first but it really doesn't have anything for me to comeback to, it's not the Physical level of synth pop excellence, and I know that Dance The Night isn't on Levitating's level either but it just hit harder and while I believed in DTN when no one did (and everyone here called it a Swan Song 2.0), I just can't force myself to spam this... DTN felt natural, I was OBESE. this is a cute album track I fear, but I believe her team will spam it on Spotify for long enough so it collects enough streams to call it a hit.ย 

the way my hair just flows and my hips move when this comes on, it's so good

I walked into this thread, read the most recent posts and thought she was nosediving everywhere, you are all so annoying :rip:ย 

ย 

Sheโ€™s doing absolutely fine. And even if this doesnโ€™t become a hit (it will), at least she served us up another heaping plate of pop excellence.

ย 

Like yay for Ms. Harlow and his dead career getting a small injection of adrenaline until it inevitably dies off again. Is that what you all want Dua to become? A quick lil TikTok artist rather than one of the artists who helped define the sounds of the 2020s? The meltdowns over success when this hasnโ€™t even been out a week yet are either dumb or disingenuous and regardless of which is true you should take your fingers OFF the keyboard and bop to this instead.

nnn the sudden switch for some when it had a slight drop. some of you are truly transparent.

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I thought she was nosediving everywhereย 

And youโ€™d be right to think that

ย 

IMG_0284.gif?ex=65637b14&is=65510614&hm=

ย 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.