Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

7 minutes ago, mike_int said:

I cannot stand that song, after you hear those 10 seconds on social media 150 times a day and that autotuned nasal fake baby voice ... no thank you

 

Nobody will know who she is next year this time

her voice gives camila :redface: so i have to agree that its not pleasant

 

but she can outdance every pop girl atm and i love the production (my fav for a mainstream pop song this year) so i cant hate the girl the way some yall do. if dua jumped on danja/timbaland esque production it would end everyone. i remember some of us were speculating that in her base thread in like 2021-2022 that her sound would lean more towards rhythmic :,(((( maybe soon

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 738.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

I love Dua and I have been a fan since she first came out with Be The One.
And I have to say Houdini to me has been much more immediate than DSN, which at first I thought was basic af.

I love Houdini, don’t get me wrong but I just wish that she would distance herself from 80s pop-dance for this album (and from any other album). The song is still enjoyable and, yes, it is a slight evolution from previous singles but let’s not act like the “psychedelic influence” is making sound that fresh. It’s a slight influence with too much 80s pop on it. 

 

She has so much potential, she has a voice that’s literally ear candy but I feel like she’s played it to safe with this song. 
Please give us something new with this album. Enough with the FN and The Weekend rehashes.

26 minutes ago, Draper. said:

What Was I Made For? melody sounds several times and its actual scene is the climax of the movie, Pink by Lizzo plays twice in the movie (and the lyrics are actually talking about what’s going on in the movie), I’m Just Ken has the longest musical number by a large margin and Barbie World is the title track sampling the most famous Barbie-related track ever. But yeah, “central”.

 

:suburban:

idgaf, that flashy big number of DTN is the most in your face song of the movie

1 hour ago, Miichael said:

Reminder that ATRL said Dance the Night was flopping/underperforming too and look how that turned out. Dua is a longevity artist

 

IMG_0284.gif?ex=65637b14&is=65510614&hm=

 

Reminder that ATRL said the same with Cold Heart 

 

IMG_0284.gif?ex=65637b14&is=65510614&hm=

 

with LeBaby

 

IMG_0284.gif?ex=65637b14&is=65510614&hm=

 

with DSN

 

IMG_0284.gif?ex=65637b14&is=65510614&hm=

 

1 hour ago, Geraldine said:

dance the night was the centra song of the biggest movie in years :rip:

And what does that have to do with what I posted? :rip:

the yt comments just prove what kind of smash this is. 
a LOT new comments. 
25.7k as of now 

 

+ we reached 500k likes

Edited by VilsonMuqa

2 minutes ago, louvronthebrain said:

this is without cds or no?

 

 

Yes this is based on digital sales from Friday and Saturday + streams from Friday

Ok. hot 100 prediction are out and houdini has a chance to debut in the top 10.

 

Lipsters do yah thing and give Dula Peep her highest hot 100 Debut :giraffe:

Wait how did they do the part at 0:46 of the video editing wise because none of the dancers are in the reflection as they are moving away from her :sherlock:

Houdini has grown on me a lot. I think the song can be massive with time.

  • ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

One of the most annoying ATRL developments in recent weeks is the fake Tate McRae stanning. I still remember the flop OG thread with the Greedy snippet and just me and a couple of others excited and now it’s been taken over by a bunch of people that were probably calling her the Jessica Simpson to Billie and Olivia two months ago and now she’s a pop messiah………. Success stans are really something 

Tate’s song is very good, she just doesn’t have a fanbase yet. I’ve liked several songs of hers in the past but didn’t check out her snippets or show immediate interest in the song.  Happy it’s smashing though!  It’s a great song. 
 

I love how two of the biggest songs right now are two classic pop girl bops. :heart2:

  • ATRL Moderator

I just noticed her older singles and albums had the Kaleidoscope filter removed on AM

Top 10 debut would be nice. For the next few days/weeks we shouldn’t worry too much about its performance because Xmas bomb is about to obliterate the charts. Our best bet is hoping TikTok picks this up by the New Year so it can peak in Feb a la DSN. 

right into her Confessions era :jonny:she's the perfect Madonna/Kylie/Rihanna/Katy hybrid

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

How’s our favorite flop doing today?

 

IMG_0284.gif?ex=65637b14&is=65510614&hm=

gzeOT2h.png

 

she's over it

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

gzeOT2h.png

 

she's over it

She knows the 3rd day numbers already 

 

gzeOT2h.png

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.