Devin

Artists  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Most Classics?

• Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Katy Perry

14 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I haven't even heard some of the songs they listed, much less them being classics :deadbanana4:

OT: Rihanna, then Katy, then Taylor

Which ones have you not heard? In America most people at least know of the songs that I listed, if not still listen to them. There is a reason her recurrent streams in America are incredibly stronger than her peers, and a ton of her old songs have been charting high consistently for endless weeks. Some are much bigger classics on my list than others but I believe the vast majority of the songs I listed are not going anywhere as far as popularity. 

I admit I can’t speak for what are her global classics because all I can speak to from personal experience is what I think are her classics in America. Not to say that’s totally objective.

The 2 debut era songs I listed are probably the biggest stretches, but I think people tend to forget how beloved & huge her debut album was in America. It was just totally eclipsed by her follow up albums. Everyone knows Our Song & Teardrop if you are a millennial, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

3 minutes ago, Feanor said:

It isn't up to me tho. It is up to the millions of people worldwide and what they think is the bigger classic based on their listening behavior. And fortunately, we have tools to measure that. :lakitu:

You're comparing a song from 2014 to one from the physical era and another from 2008. Those numbers without context are arbitrary.  

• Like 6

14 hours ago, CBC said:

It's def between katy and rihanna, i assume the other one was added for comedic value 

If they wanted to be funny, they would add the MPG with bunch of forgetten "classics" that does 200k daily streams despite her stadium tour

katy_crying.gif

GP when they hear about Rihanna 

42 minutes ago, lonnie said:

I can't remember a time a song of hers resonated globally

katy_crying.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

GP when they about Rihanna 

katy_crying.gif

Not even you are delusional enough to believe this surely

katy_crying.gif

• Like 3

Just now, lonnie said:

Not even you are delusional enough to believe this surely

katy_crying.gif

Wasn't her last smash single almost... 7 years ago? That's a very long time in GP's minds. 

I heard that she made a comeback with a new single this year but i guess it didn’t make that much noise

katy_crying.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Wasn't her last smash single almost... 7 years ago? That's a very long time in GP's minds. 

I heard that she made a comeback with a new single this year but i guess it didn’t make that much noise

katy_crying.gif

I don't know, perhaps the fact that her last album was that long ago could be the reason? And the public still clings to her songs and that's why she's still getting great streams despite the hiatus.

And that song was released last year and not this one (again you really need to fact check before posting) and made enough noise to get an Oscar nod, which is very difficult to get not everyone has one to their credit 

katy_crying.gif

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Jaded. said:

Rihanna:

1 Pon De Replay

2 Umbrella

3 Don’t Stop the Music

4 Take a Bow

5 Disturbia

6 Rude Boy

7 Love the Way You Lie

8 Only Girl (In the World) 

9 What’s My Name?

10 S&M

11 We Found Love

12 Where Have You Been

13 Diamonds

14 Stay

15 FourFiveSeconds

16 ***** Better Have My Money

16 Work

17 Needed Me

18 Love On the Brain 

19 Wild Thoughts

Taylor Swift:

1 Teardrops On My Guitar

2 Our Song

3 Love Story

4 You Belong With Me

5 Enchanted

6 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

7 I Knew You Were Trouble

8 22

9 All Too Well

10 Shake It Off

11 Blank Space

12 Style

13 Bad Blood

14 Wildest Dreams

15 Look What You Made Me Do

16 Ready for It?

17 Delicate

18 Don’t Blame Me

19 Cruel Summer

20 Lover

21 Cardigan

22 August

23 Willow

24 Anti-Hero

Katy Perry:

1 I Kissed a Girl

2 Hot N Cold

3 California Gurls

4 Teenage Dream

5 Firework

6 Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

7 Roar

8 Dark Horse

Taylor wins. This is my perception of their classics as an American.

Shocked Oprah Winfrey GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The delusions in here trying to pretend Taylor has no hits or classics as if her singles don’t wipe the floor with everyone else’s… are y’all on Mars or smth 

:ryan3:

• Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, Feanor said:

It isn't up to me tho. It is up to the millions of people worldwide and what they think is the bigger classic based on their listening behavior. And fortunately, we have tools to measure that. :lakitu:

By Your logic, Cardigan for example is a classic cause it has impressive streams ? :skull:

I repeat,Taylor doesn't have a universal classic song that can compete with the ones I mentioned, argue with the wall Swifitie 

11 minutes ago, Finkypop said:

The delusions in here trying to pretend Taylor has no hits or classics as if her singles don’t wipe the floor with everyone else’s… are y’all on Mars or smth 

There's a difference between hits and universal classic songs known by GP

Taylor Swift streams are extremely impressive but that doesn't mean they're classics or Maybe in the Red states 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

By Your logic, Cardigan for example is a classic cause it has impressive streams ? :skull:

I repeat,Taylor doesn't have a universal classic song that can compete with the ones I mentioned, argue with the wall Swifitie 

Cardigan is a good example of an effortless classic. I've seen people mention it and talk about how good the song is in random video games forum of countries where it barely charted.

Edited by Axelios
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Literally yes. That’s the definition of a classic. Its recurrent streams are massive especially after it went viral. Welcome to statistics and the real world, where older songs that are listened to by masses literally means they’re more remembered and hence are classics

Taylor doesn't have a universal classic song that can compete with the ones I mentioned,

Correct, they don’t compete with the ones you mentioned. Taylor’s far outdo them

There's a difference between hits and universal classic songs known by GP

And Taylor’s catalog is full of both. Sold out stadiums around the world will be belting out every word to her entire catalogue, hits and global classiques included. Many of her classics from years ago are also charting globally on Spotify. Give it up Deelishis 

Edited by Finkypop
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Axelios said:

Cardigan is a good example of an effortless classic. I've seen people mention it and talk about how good the song is in random video games forum of countries where it barely charted.

OK....enough :skull:

Rihanna. Katy's impressive because she managed to get all those in such a short spam of time.

3 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

OK....enough :skull:

The Katy and Rihanna hits do not have the same GP reach as Taylor globally. Otherwise they would be streamed more. Blank Space destroys any Rihanna or Katy song from the same time in recurrents and that has been the case pretty much since it was added to Spotify in 2016.

Edited by Axelios
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

58 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

If they wanted to be funny, they would add the MPG with bunch of forgetten "classics" that does 200k daily streams despite her stadium tour

katy_crying.gif

So you admit several MPGs have more classics than Taylor?

:rip:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Finkypop said:

Literally yes. That’s the definition of a classic. Its recurrent streams are massive especially after it went viral. Welcome to statistics and the real world 

Correct, they don’t compete with the ones you mentioned. Taylor’s far outdo them

The fact that you truly believe that :zzz:

And no,recurrent streams are not the only metric, especially in Swift case where her gigantic fanbase are 80% responsible of her amazing recurrent streams. 

Try to throw an Umbrella, Bad Romance, a crazy in love or a Toxic to a random crowd and then throw a Cardigan or a Wildest Dreams and you'll see a different reaction 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Axelios said:

The Katy and Rihanna hits do not have the same GP reach as Taylor globally. Otherwise they would be streamed more.

:deadbanana2:

You do realize Taylor’s peak was FAR later in her career vs Rihanna and Katy who’s peak started since their debut back when radio and etc had a higher influence than streaming today. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

:deadbanana2:

You do realize Taylor’s peak was FAR later in her career vs Rihanna and Katy who’s peak started since their debut back when radio and etc had a higher influence than streaming today. 

Yes I do relaize that Taylor career wasn't as frontloaded as Rihanna and Katy. In fact Fearless largely outsold all Katy and Rihanna albums and yet Taylor managed to achieve that feat again 5 years later with 1989 also obliterating all their discographies and now her compeletely dominating streaming and being the most consumed artist in the world (something Rihanna and Katy also never achieved during their entire careers).

You Belong With Me and Love Story are also outsreaming their discographies btw.

Edited by Axelios

7 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

And no,recurrent streams are not the only metric, especially in Swift case where her gigantic fanbase are 80% responsible of her amazing recurrent streams. 

Try to throw an Umbrella, Bad Romance, a crazy in love or a Toxic to a random crowd and then throw a Cardigan or a Wildest Dreams and you'll see a different reaction 

Sure, Jan! We’ll take your word for it 

OT: Taylor’s are bigger by far 

13 minutes ago, Finkypop said:

Sure, Jan! We’ll take your word for it 

OT: Taylor’s are bigger by far 

Care to name all Taylor’s classics? 

:celestial5:

• Like 1

Swifties stop being utterly delusional for 5 minutes challenge (impossible difficulty)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

Care to name all Taylor’s classics? 

:celestial5:

Love Story, You Belong With Me, I Knew You Were Trouble, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Shake It Off, Blank Space, Wildest Dreams, Style, Look What You Made Me Do, Lover - among more that I haven’t named. Anti Hero and Cruel Summer are also instant classics 

Edited by Finkypop
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Do you have a source to back up that 80% claim? Or are we just spreading fake news now…

34 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

You do realize that this is exactly what happens with streaming right? It's a random, unconnected crowd spanning the entire world and what they chose to listen to. And it so happens that "cardigan" and "Wildest Dreams" are some of their favorite picks.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.