• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crf13

• Cbreezy

• Nashe

• Facelessboy

2 hours ago, Minogue said:

How is a vegan diet expensive for the best selling artist of the 2000s decade :deadbanana4:

also a HEALTHY vegan diet is extremely cheap it’s basically grains lagumes and vegetables :deadbanana4: 

He’s right. Fresh vegetables, nuts and fruits are expensive here.

I hope this is his best album ever. Surely they will pull out all the stops to get him the best producers, demos and features 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CristianGarcia said:

The peach = Georgia peach = ATL = Coming Home 

Use yall brain plz……

Not everybody's American?

But anyway, why did he scrap all the recent singles? Only Good Good will be on the album :biblio:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Gamma is putting major backing behind this era. I hope it works out cause Gamma is pretty interesting and can lead to something gigantic. 

We need another Ciara collaboration :eli:

4 hours ago, aaron511 said:

Not everybody's American?

But anyway, why did he scrap all the recent singles? Only Good Good will be on the album :biblio:

GLU was just a Valentine's Day single and he ended up scrapping the video. Perhaps, Laurie Harvey asked him to not release the video since she was the star of it, who knows? But the album will be out a year after that song's release, so no point in including it. And Boyfriend was just for a cute viral moment. It wasn't a serious single. Good Good is the only one that's actually being pushed. The most they did with GLU was send it to R&B radio and let it run its course there. Boyfriend was never sent to radio. 

As a bit of a stan who's been willing him a comeback, I need:

* Big collabs: he ought to rope in the streaming bigwigs. Drake, Bad Bunny,  Bruno, hell even Bieber etc. Doesn't even need to be for more than a song or two, but it'll be vital for streaming.

Atm, Usher sits in this unique spot where he's from the pre-streaming era and hasn't fully transitioned over but has lots of potential to successfully integrate into it. Using an established streaming act will benefit the album's sales. 

* A theme: how he's explained the concept so far in the Apple interview sounds pretty cool. Ultimately, he's at his most optimized when there's a throughline musically and lyrically. He did it with Confessions, but it became hella obvious that he lost sight of that when the albums after (especially the latter) were just random jukeboxes of nothingness. 

Good Good is a really strong start and tick boxes all of the above. So, fingers crossed he sees it rough.

* Great Songs: As mentioned, Good Good is amazing. That Keke song (which thankfully isn't on the album) not so much. Big collabs are fine, but he'll "win" in the grandest scheme of things (and with the public) with an album that can kind of sell itself on the merit of how great it is. 

All in all, Usher has a really amazing platform with Halftime and all the elements are there for him to have an Emancipation of Mimi-sized comeback. Or at the very least a J.Lo On The Floor moment with a song. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

He’s right. Fresh vegetables, nuts and fruits are expensive here.

Beans/Legumes, Oranges, Bananas, Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes/White Potatoes, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Whole Wheat Pasta/Breads etc is expensive?:toofunny2:

Anyways it's Usher talking like he ain't rich and can eat mock meats all day if he wanted:rip:

10 hours ago, campelo said:

Something Shakira should have done 

Shakira was gonna do that. Had a whole headline tour planned but then Covid happened then her dad and pique-gate 

9 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

are some of you saying people should feel obligated to create an entire album just to tie in with a performance that generally would be 90% catalog hits anyway?

Yes because it's a smart business move. Hype, attention, acclaim it'd be the best way to use the platform to his advantage. 

• Like 1

Ok, now that I’m coming back to the artwork, it was such a missed opportunity for them to use the iconic U chain as the statement jewelry piece next the peach instead of the cross. That and the cover being textless would’ve made this a 10/10 cover. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

are some of you saying people should feel obligated to create an entire album just to tie in with a performance that generally would be 90% catalog hits anyway?

No; however not capitalizing on such gargantuan promo is foolish.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, aaron511 said:

Yeah not for nothing but y'all are slacking on him because his recent singles have been good. Yeah big mistake of him to not include previous droplets on the record like Don't Waste My Time, Sex Beat, I Cry, Bad Habits, Glu and Boyfriend all deserved 

12 hours ago, Sophomore said:

Boyfriend not making the cut? 

Very dumb. It's a solid track. 

12 hours ago, Mariya Takeuchi said:

We need another Ciara collaboration :eli:

The way that they've collaborated before and nothing came of it. No live performances. No video. This needs to happen and she would be a wonderful feature on his album. But she wanna be a dumb ***** and get knocked up AGAIN right when things align for her musically and we're cheated out of yet another era and tour because Russell Wilson 😪 

9 hours ago, crf13 said:

GLU was just a Valentine's Day single and he ended up scrapping the video. Perhaps, Laurie Harvey asked him to not release the video since she was the star of it, who knows? But the album will be out a year after that song's release, so no point in including it. And Boyfriend was just for a cute viral moment. It wasn't a serious single. Good Good is the only one that's actually being pushed. The most they did with GLU was send it to R&B radio and let it run its course there. Boyfriend was never sent to radio. 

Their is a point of including it because all the songs he's been dropping were meant to be a part of a project. Originally called Confessions Part 2. Droplets are the most annoying thing. You clearly made and release them. Tack them onto the album. Also alot of those songs went under people's radars and deserve their time to shine. Being placed on this particular album would help them get a second wave. Is the Lori Harvey thing true or just a rumor? Very weird to just have a scrapped music video. For her to agree to the video to then be the reason why it's scrapped is suspicious to say the least? 

9 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

Why wouldn’t he release it on the Friday?

Yeah he will have the hype and the press there so why not just drop it then and have people talking all weekend?

9 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

As a bit of a stan who's been willing him a comeback, I need:

* Big collabs: he ought to rope in the streaming bigwigs. Drake, Bad Bunny,  Bruno, hell even Bieber etc. Doesn't even need to be for more than a song or two, but it'll be vital for streaming.

Atm, Usher sits in this unique spot where he's from the pre-streaming era and hasn't fully transitioned over but has lots of potential to successfully integrate into it. Using an established streaming act will benefit the album's sales. 

* A theme: how he's explained the concept so far in the Apple interview sounds pretty cool. Ultimately, he's at his most optimized when there's a throughline musically and lyrically. He did it with Confessions, but it became hella obvious that he lost sight of that when the albums after (especially the latter) were just random jukeboxes of nothingness. 

Good Good is a really strong start and tick boxes all of the above. So, fingers crossed he sees it rough.

* Great Songs: As mentioned, Good Good is amazing. That Keke song (which thankfully isn't on the album) not so much. Big collabs are fine, but he'll "win" in the grandest scheme of things (and with the public) with an album that can kind of sell itself on the merit of how great it is. 

All in all, Usher has a really amazing platform with Halftime and all the elements are there for him to have an Emancipation of Mimi-sized comeback. Or at the very least a J.Lo On The Floor moment with a song. 

The only people really worthy of a feature or collaboration would be Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Drake,
Jason Derulo, Miguel, Zayn, Jeremih, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Ciara, Alicia Keys, Kehlani, Tinashe.

If he's gonna go the Latin route I'm good without Bad Bunny. I'd rather his Latino equivalent like Rauw Alejandro. For females Shakira, JLo or Anitta even would be awesome. 

Usher is also not struggling on the streaming front. His last mainstream hit was No Limit his last big hit was I Don't Mind. 

Boyfriend is a good song. Viral and fun and did what it had to do. Unfortunately also the most buzz Usher has had in sometime until now. 

I am so happy for him. This site started being very distasteful, disgraceful and disrespectful towards him. From alot of users it came from ignorance like "not knowing" of his legitimate iconic  impact and influence in the urban genre, unnecessary racially charged shades, discrediting his success and popularity just because he's an rnb star when he's also responsible for the edm/dance/dubstep wave since he flawlessly transitioned into becoming a popstar once rnb was out on it's way and was of thee pioneers leading the main pop boy wave. 

I just can't wave for the long over due and most than deserving flowers, acclaim he will get from this. Do the damn thing legend!

• Like 1

Why is he releasing the album on Sunday? :deadbanana2: He should've just done what JT did with Man of the Woods and dropped it on Friday 2 days before the show

Anyway I'm so excited :jonny: Good Good is a bop and I really like the cover

3 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Yeah not for nothing but y'all are slacking on him because his recent singles have been good. Yeah big mistake of him to not include previous droplets on the record like Don't Waste My Time, Sex Beat, I Cry, Bad Habits, Glu and Boyfriend all deserved 

Very dumb. It's a solid track. 

The way that they've collaborated before and nothing came of it. No live performances. No video. This needs to happen and she would be a wonderful feature on his album. But she wanna be a dumb ***** and get knocked up AGAIN right when things align for her musically and we're cheated out of yet another era and tour because Russell Wilson 😪 

Their is a point of including it because all the songs he's been dropping were meant to be a part of a project. Originally called Confessions Part 2. Droplets are the most annoying thing. You clearly made and release them. Tack them onto the album. Also alot of those songs went under people's radars and deserve their time to shine. Being placed on this particular album would help them get a second wave. Is the Lori Harvey thing true or just a rumor? Very weird to just have a scrapped music video. For her to agree to the video to then be the reason why it's scrapped is suspicious to say the least? 

Yeah he will have the hype and the press there so why not just drop it then and have people talking all weekend?

The only people really worthy of a feature or collaboration would be Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Drake,
Jason Derulo, Miguel, Zayn, Jeremih, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Ciara, Alicia Keys, Kehlani, Tinashe.

If he's gonna go the Latin route I'm good without Bad Bunny. I'd rather his Latino equivalent like Rauw Alejandro. For females Shakira, JLo or Anitta even would be awesome. 

Usher is also not struggling on the streaming front. His last mainstream hit was No Limit his last big hit was I Don't Mind. 

Boyfriend is a good song. Viral and fun and did what it had to do. Unfortunately also the most buzz Usher has had in sometime until now. 

I am so happy for him. This site started being very distasteful, disgraceful and disrespectful towards him. From alot of users it came from ignorance like "not knowing" of his legitimate iconic  impact and influence in the urban genre, unnecessary racially charged shades, discrediting his success and popularity just because he's an rnb star when he's also responsible for the edm/dance/dubstep wave since he flawlessly transitioned into becoming a popstar once rnb was out on it's way and was of thee pioneers leading the main pop boy wave. 

I just can't wave for the long over due and most than deserving flowers, acclaim he will get from this. Do the damn thing legend!

I agree with aspects of this. 

Bieber, Drake, Bey, Bad Bunny, and "possibly" JT (because of previous comparisons) are the only real commercially beneficial collabs from your list. 

Alicia would be cool for the nostalgia, but we keep seeing over and over that sequels just don't move the needle.

From a pure R&B genre perspective, the Miguel, Ciara (again), and Kelly Rowland collabs would be amazing. And, in its own way (despite how long they've all been in the industry), quite "fresh" for him. Nothing should be expected commercially, but sonically would be really intriguing. 

Zayn = no. Chris Brown = ain't happening after what happened. Jason Derulo = lol. 

The Latin route (especially as it's not his lane) really should only be with the top, charting players in that space. Bad Bunny leads that pack, Anitta consistently makes terrible music and isn't even doing as well in that market, and Shakira ironically is probably in the same predicament Usher is (aka a veteran acclimating to a new time and making savvy moves and collabs to help that agenda). So a team-up between them, while exciting on paper, essentially would be a double negative and cancel out any charting potential.

As you can probably tell, I'm pretty invested in this being a commercial success. 

He's held off from releasing an album for so long and has essentially sat out the last of the old school way of releasing (physicals, iTunes, traditional promo actually working), so it a) seems he wants to win commercially in this climate and b) is willing to do what's needed to make that happen. 

Some of you really need to be so serious right now… :rip: Why the hell would he include droplet songs that are YEARS old on this album? You really think he hasn’t recorded enough material in the past 7 years? You really think, sonically speaking, that Boyfriend belongs on the same album as Good Good? Let’s open up those eardrums and join the real world in 2023. This is not R v R part 2. Quality control isn’t something some of you are aware of. And those songs being on the album won’t “give them a second life.” They’ve come and past. Including them would just hurt the quality of the album and piss off fans who waited years for a brand new album full of *wait for it*…. Brand new material.

Edited by crf13

Glad Boyfriend is not on it, that song is weak af. He needs to deliver way better material! This could be his career renaissance, don't **** it up man

Excited though :duca:

Excited, Good Good is not for me but I'm sure he'll have a lot of solid tracks on there.

Don't Waste My Time deserved more :weeps: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.