How is inflation impacting you?

BrentB

How is inflation r̶u̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ impacting you ATM? Do you go out less? Do you skip meals, or eat less portions than before

I've been learning how to cook more. Also been seeing a LOT of people around me living with other families, or roommates (rooms costs the same price as an ENTIRE 1 bedroom apartment in like 2013 these days in the GTA :rip:).

Edited by BrentB

I've been trying to buy an apartment/house for a while but prices are ridiculous and it's only getting worse. 

• Like 1

I make too much money and I still feel like I wouldn't be able to feed a family if I had one. I make twice as much as my dad did when I was a teenager and I spend most of it and at the end of month I wonder where my money went while he was able to maintain us, a family of 4, we had a huge house in a noble area, he bought me a car when I turned 18.

Now I can't even buy a car otherwise I'll spend all my savings. 

I only buy half of Taylor’s album variants.  :gaycat7:

• Haha 1

i make a very good salary and i am still scared of what's to come... its terrifying how expensive everything is.

i always but everything i want, travel a few times a year and all... no complaints but who knows where does this horrible situation will head to

well I was poor to begin with so its been very tough... im lucky I have friends and family who support me and make things like concerts etc. possible, otherwise I would never do anything. I can barely afford housing and food, and my rent is pretty cheap. 

I got skinny because food (even basic ingredients to cook) got expensive.

I don’t go to gay clubs because I never liked them that much to begin with.

Don't see any difference.

You see, I don't waste money on stupid stuff like buying albums and concert tickets :giraffe:

• Thumbs Down 1

There are some items that Im no longer buying at the grocery store because I just simply refuse to pay $7 for angel food cake when just 5 years ago it was 99 cents or $1.99 without a discount. Watermelon and chicken are also the same. However my weekly bill is still $50 more than it was before Covid

I've moved state cos SF is getting ridiculous & dangerous :mazen:

• Like 1

I'm forced to eat shitty processed food because it's the cheapest. Before I would make everything from scratch with fresh ingredients but I can't afford that now 

I want to move out as soon as possible (hopefully by next year) but the rent prices are insane.

With that being said, since unfortunately I am currently still living with my parents, I can afford groceries and help around the house. I just need to keep on saving up and pray that I can get a raise around next March/April

I used to never have to worry about money, now i have to budget and think about is every purchase worth it

2 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

I make too much money and I still feel like I wouldn't be able to feed a family if I had one. I make twice as much as my dad did when I was a teenager and I spend most of it and at the end of month I wonder where my money went while he was able to maintain us, a family of 4, we had a huge house in a noble area, he bought me a car when I turned 18.

Now I can't even buy a car otherwise I'll spend all my savings. 

Same, I make 5-6x more than my dad in my 20s and while I’m fine and everything is ok financially, in the 90s/00s I would be a massive millionaire 

These days buying a house and having kids(properly fed and with a nice education) is something for the ultra rich

Dogs are the new kids and plants are the new pets tbh.

Edited by Trent W

it's going to sound funny but less Starbucks and restaurants and expensive food. Buying more in bulk. Got a Costco card bc they usually got cheaper food there, etc.

Well my job was nice and gave me a 24% increase, but my mortgage rate has increased by 500% so I still am left with less than before.

12 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Same, I make 5-6x more than my dad in my 20s and while I’m fine and everything is ok financially, in the 90s/00s I would be a massive millionaire 

These days buying a house and having kids(properly fed and with a nice education) is something for the ultra rich

Dogs are the new kids and plants are the new pets tbh.

Yeah, exactly. 

And I don't have to go that that much back. Just 5 years, if I had the salary I have today, I would be in a much much better financial position. Like, having an apartment with a view. 

Now even though I make a lot yearly, I'm only able to save half of it by the end of the year. Which means it would take me 10 years to save enough money to buy an apartment .

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Like 1

not trying to sound out of touch but it hasn’t thankfully. I do notice I spend more on gas, eating out, etc tho which is annoying 

I finished my Masters and started working last year so I just feel like I have a lot of money now :skull: let’s see how long that lasts

I just hate how a lot of items have been downsized yet got a nice price increase smh

Only thing that is very apparent is the food cost. groceries are expensive but thankfully i'm still able to eat comfortably. otherwise i dont really see much difference in my fixed costs and im able to save a pretty good amount at the end of each month. vacationing was also kinda expensive but not that bad compared to two years ago.

Me and mother both own the house and bc I honestly don't have any other family or any siblings we only got eachother.  But I get by slowly I just never leave the house really and only ever eat dinner but im greatful I don't have rent. We only really have to pay for bills which is overly pricey in Australia 

I'd love to live on my own but that will never happened considering a house in my country is nearly a million dollars. Idc if people judge me. I rather have a roof over my head then be in the streets.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.