How is inflation impacting you?

BrentB

I don't go out joyriding nearly as much as I used to. I went from having to get gas a couple of times a week, to now once every couple of weeks. I've always been a very light eater, so food isn't expensive to me. I'll eat, maybe, once or twice a day—so food isn't a costly expense for me.

I, technically, own a home close to my hometown—since it's a family home that was left to my brother and I. I don't necessarily want to move back, though. If worst comes to worst, I have a place to go. Where I live now, the prices of apartments and homes are atrocious. People either have three to four roommates or are working two full-time jobs to be able to afford it, along with all of their other necessities. Other than those who are in a dual-income household, I don't see how some are making it without killing themselves.

I'm grateful to have a strong support system around me, it helps with additional costs.

My job gave me a huge raise to make up for inflation. But I have recently broke off with my narcissistic ex a couple months ago, who has been making my life a living hell. To the point where he reported me to HR. So we've been in a HR battle for the past couple months, unable to work as much as I used to. It's been affecting me badly, but luckily my friends and family have been keeping me afloat in the meantime.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.