Things to do in Miami?

Gesamtkunstwerk

I'm going to Miami, solo, this winter to enjoy myself :gaycat2:

What should I do / shouldn't do? Any recommendations?

I'm a woman traveling alone, so I don't plan to go out late, party and get wasted, although I'd like to enjoy a nice drink and food somewhere :nicole:

Wynnewood! It’s a district with lots of art, music, and restaurants that I always enjoy when I visit. 

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Wynnewood! It’s a district with lots of art, music, and restaurants that I always enjoy when I visit. 

Thank you :heart2:

mangos was excellent. it is a bar/club type venue so quite rowdy but such a good vibe cause there’s lots of salsa/cabaret/carnival and live entertainment all around besides just the typical night out 

I just watched an episode of Little Big Italy set there so I think I'm qualified enough to answer. The most interesting pastime seems to be snorting the fine white sand on the beach pretending it's cocaine!

1 hour ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Thank you :heart2:

Please understand that Wynwood is actually very unsafe at night, specially for someone that is traveling alone. During the day you’ll find great places to eat, and visit the Wynwood walls.

I’d also stick to Miami Beach, south beach, take a little journey the groove, you can also visit the Frost Science museum, the Vizcaya, try to set some time for some beach time as well of course, some outdoors activities. 

Watersports! While I was there I did a cruise of the celebrity islands, and a speedboat experience. 

I also did a day trip to Key West where I snorkelled over the Reef, and parasailed.

Miami born and raised here. I would avoid South Beach like the plague. It's so overpriced and full of tourists it's really not that fun. If you really want to go just go for a bit, I'd recommend Lincoln Road if anything. If you're planning on going to the beach there I'd try to go as far north as you could go, the Nikki Beach area is the best.

Wynwood is currently the place to be, it's very artsy and has tons of bars and restaurants. Don't worry about it being unsafe, you'll be fine. 

Brickell is where all the young people with money live and party, there's a good amount of clubs, bars, and restaurants. 

Coconut Grove is where all the rich people live, it's a really nice neighborhood with quality food and things to do. 

Club Space is the best place on earth if you're wanting to party!

Have fun and be prepared to spend a lot of money !

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, 305 said:

Wynwood is currently the place to be, it's very artsy and has tons of bars and restaurants. Don't worry about it being unsafe, you'll be fine. 

:deadbanana2: I’m just not gonna say nothing 

7 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

:deadbanana2: I’m just not gonna say nothing 

Yeah don't, recommending South Beach in 2023 :rip:

14 minutes ago, 305 said:

Yeah don't, recommending South Beach in 2023 :rip:

for someone coming casually and it isn’t spring break? duh, how can you come down here and not visit ocean drive, you make it sound like they’ll get charged for just being there.

you basically sent this person to go get legally robbed and actually robbed. oh well! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/31/2023 at 2:04 AM, Breathe On Moi said:

you basically sent this person to go get legally robbed and actually robbed. oh well! 

:deadbanana4: A lot of conflicted opinions about Wynwood I see.

On 7/31/2023 at 1:28 AM, 305 said:

Miami born and raised here. I would avoid South Beach like the plague. It's so overpriced and full of tourists it's really not that fun. If you really want to go just go for a bit, I'd recommend Lincoln Road if anything. If you're planning on going to the beach there I'd try to go as far north as you could go, the Nikki Beach area is the best.

Brickell is where all the young people with money live and party, there's a good amount of clubs, bars, and restaurants. 

Coconut Grove is where all the rich people live, it's a really nice neighborhood with quality food and things to do. 

Have fun and be prepared to spend a lot of money !

Thank you!! :alexz3: 

On 7/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I'm going to Miami, solo, this winter to enjoy myself :gaycat2:

What should I do / shouldn't do? Any recommendations?

I'm a woman traveling alone, so I don't plan to go out late, party and get wasted, although I'd like to enjoy a nice drink and food somewhere :nicole:

You’re my spirit animal :bird:I wish I had the guts to travel alone :shakeno:

On 7/30/2023 at 4:15 PM, WeFoundTrouble said:

Ohh boy if only I told you about all the “fun” I’ve had at Wynwood in random corners, dark spots etc with all those straight guys… Wow wow :-*

Edited by SoExcited19

I'd recommend going to the Lighthouse at Bill Bags State Park overall it's beautiful and the entrance is cheap. There's a cafe for breakfast & I think they serve lunch too. Plus they have a free tour of the lighthouse that's quite worth going up the flight of stairs for. The water right in front of the light house is quite calm, just be weary of currents the farther you go

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 7:39 PM, Sergi91 said:

You’re my spirit animal :bird:I wish I had the guts to travel alone :shakeno:

***** just do it, you will have so much fun 

• Thanks 1

Leave.

I’ll ask my brother for recommendations. Just a heads up - any place by the beach will be super overpriced. The Cuban coffee is amazing and you should absolutely try it. The beach is decent too so there’s that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.