Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Why did 'Dance Monkey' smash so hard?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people hated ALMA so they were looking for her wannabe, also it's a faceless song

 

anyways the worst thing about this song is that there were people who sang this song at talent show out of all songs like.... :dies:

it’s a pretty faceless song. the vocals sound like a mix of sia/alma/every other croaky avocadis singer but amplified 

2 hours ago, Miley Cyrus said:

where? it's grating and sounds like a parody of a song :deadbanana2:

is this a covid thing?

that's like asking why did shape of you smash when it's literal garbage

It has nothing to do with the artist. Lol it’s one of those songs that even if Britney or Rihanna sang it, it would’ve still been a hit 

It was different, but damn it got annoying in the end and I felt no need to ever hear a song from her again.

Imo if someone else had sung this it would be better received, because truth is this is a catchy song, the vocals are just not it

The song was a hit before covid so I'm not sure why people are bringing that up :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, cockatoo said:

The song was a hit before covid so I'm not sure why people are bringing that up :gaycat6:

like...

At its base, it's a very catchy song. I don't really like the song but I'm not gonna pretend that it didn't have a hooky melody

But the "so hard" part… I can't answer. Idk why it did THAT well… 2.8 billion Spotify streams :psyduck:

Yeah I find it unlistenable tbh I've also never heard it playing offline nor has anyone I know irl ever mentioned it to me. I guess the people streaming this song are just not my people. :gaycat6:

The GP lost all their taste due to covid. It's the only explanation :chick1:

 

But realistically, it's just a catchy song that caught on. I hated it at first but it gets you on repeat listens. I don't know if it aged particularly well though, but that's the case for a lot of those early 2020 pop hits imo

:celestial5:

The song is catchy. I’d **** on the vocals though but I stan Bjork so.

5 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

people hated ALMA so they were looking for her wannabe, also it's a faceless song

 

anyways the worst thing about this song is that there were people who sang this song at talent show out of all songs like.... :dies:

I always screamed at the ALMA drags when this song was smashing :ahh:

Let’s be honest , the kids love that song and just from the kids in my fam they played it 19203020 a day 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.