Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Firecracker Sample: I'm Real (JLo) vs Loverboy (Mariah)

Which song do you prefer? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Which song do you prefer?

    • I'm Real
      50%
      16
    • Loverboy
      50%
      16

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Unpopular opinion I like Loverboy’s original version better. The Word Up version has too much going on. 

I understand that Mariah felt betrayed and angry at the time that Tommy sabotaged the Glitter era but I think he did her a service in the end as the final version of Loverboy with Cameo's sample is miles better than the one with Firecracker. Plus, the original version sounds too chipmunky tbh.

 

Firecracker fits I'm Real better.

“I’m Real”, and it’s not even close. 
 

The original “Loverboy” is absolutely f*cking awful.

 

Thank God for Mottola’s betrayal and the eventual use of the “Candy” sample. 
 

:toofunny2:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

J-Lo, though I love both versions of Loverboy too (especially the released one).

the im real album version was never great, it never hit like the remix does. mariah however 

mariah had the right to be mad, the sample usage and her production sweeps jlo unseasoning tasteless not even her own vocal version under the rug

Even thought Mariah is mad, the final version of Loverboy sounds better than the one she wanted to release.

The one who can sing with due respect to the ghost singer who sang the chorus in that other song.. :rip:

3 hours ago, A.R.L said:

The one who can sing with due respect to the ghost singer who sang the chorus in that other song.. :rip:

Shelene Thomas is not a "ghost singer." She's a credited backup vocalist on the liner notes. :skull:

 

OT: I'm Real by miles. Corey Rooney did such a good job with the sample. The production of the original version of Lovermess is awful noisy disaster. :mazen:

8 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Loverboy (Cameo) >>> I’m Real > Loverboy (Firecracker)

this 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Shelene Thomas is not a "ghost singer." She's a credited backup vocalist on the liner notes. :skull:

For goodness sakes, u can't even hear jlo's awful voice in the chorus :laugh: it should be shelene thomas ft jlo.. just like her other songs with christina milian, ashanti, natasha and the list goes on.. :deadbanana2:

Edited by A.R.L

I'm Real but Loverboy ended up being better with the "Candy" sample so both songs won in the end. :michael:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.