Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Favorite Depeche Mode Songs?

Featured Replies

Let's show them some love shall we?

List your favorite songs here.

 

tumblr_df61307b6d1b6806084a2ba074e4bdf6_

 

 

My current faves, but I got way too many to post tbh.

Edited by Avariko

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 5, in no particular order:

 

1. Walking In My Shoes

2. In Your Room

3. Never Let Me Down Again

4. Useless

5. Barrel Of A Gun

I can't choose :jonnycat:

Random top 5 off the top of my head:

Useless

Policy of Truth

Personal Jesus

It's No Good

Enjoy the Silence obvi

Blasphemous Rumours

Walking in My Shoes

But Not Tonight

Stripped

Somebody

etc etc

spacer.png

I don't know their discography that much, but Never Let Me Down Again is a masterpiece :jonnycat:

My most scrobbled DM songs in the last 16 years:

 

OS6IDRU.jpg

 

I think my favorite one is probably It's No Good, which is my #1 song of 1997.

Edited by ToMmY

Policy of Truth, Stripped, Halo, Enjoy The Silence and Never Let Me Down Again :heart:

 

Oh and Personal Jesus too

Edited by Technicolor

Everything counts 

wrong 

Strangelove

fragile tension 

World in my eyes 

Behind the Wheel and World in My Eyes are kind of the sexiest synthpop songs ever :WAP:

Photographic is amazing too (the 3 minute 14 sec version that is)

I also love Everything Counts

I've only heard like 8 songs from them, and this is going to sound repetitive and basic af, but "Enjoy the Silence" is just magical. The f*cking outro :loki:

 

Haven't seen any "Peace" mention.

Policy of Truth

Shake the Disease

Strangelove

Enjoy the Silence

Walking in My Shoes

Black Celebration

:worship:

I’m just now getting into them, and so far I’ve only really listened to Violator, but damn has that album had me in a chokehold for the last few months :jonny5:

I’m obsessed with World in My Eyes, Blue Dress, Halo, and of course Enjoy the Silence.
 

can someone recommend their essential albums and in which order I should listen to them to? I’m ready to start stanning them tbh:dies:

Never Let Me Down 

Strangelove 

Policy of Truth 

I Feel You 

In Your Room 

Sister of Nights 

Freestate

Insight 

Only When I Lose Myself 

Freelove 

Precious 

A Pain that I'm Used To 

Wrong

Edited by theredkilt

Enjoy The Silence

Strangelove

Precious

Ice Machine

Personal Jesus


Can’t wait to see them in May in Stockholm

Finally a thread about someone I actually stan outside miss G:beatfreak: according to my last fm:

2-C76-CC8-D-FB24-4599-A403-5-DEBAFCE231-

+My Joy, Shake the disease - I can’t believe these weren’t on standard version. So good

+One Caress, Blasphemous Rumours, Stripped, Sweetest Perfection, Clean….:celestial5:

Edited by Ophelia

39 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

I’m just now getting into them, and so far I’ve only really listened to Violator, but damn has that album had me in a chokehold for the last few months :jonny5:

I’m obsessed with World in My Eyes, Blue Dress, Halo, and of course Enjoy the Silence.
 

can someone recommend their essential albums and in which order I should listen to them to? I’m ready to start stanning them tbh:dies:

hello, future Devotee :bird:

 

I think you made a right choice starting with Violator. I’d go with Songs of Faith and Devotion, Music for the Masses, Black Celebration and Ultra next.


Then, if u want to go more electronic rock - go for their y2k albums, starting with Exciter.

 

if u want more 80s pop/ new wave - check their first albums. I’d say Some Great Reward and Construction Time Again are also essential from this era. Their two first albums are very light 80s pop, they were clearly very young and figuring it all out.

 

I also highly reccomend watching the legendary 101 tour docu! :beatfreak:

Enjoy The Silence 

Precious

Suffer Well 

I Feel Love 

Strangelove 

Just Can't Get Enough

 

 

 

 

 

 

According to my last.fm

 Personal Jesus (the stargate remix)

 Ghost (le weekend remix)

 Lillian

 Precious 

 Suffer well

 

:giraffe:

God don't make me choose :WAP: at this point it's probably But Not Tonight but I also love Precious, Enjoy The Silence, Lie To Me, Higher Love, Rush, So Much Love, Heaven, etc, etc, etc

Depeche Mode are one of my fave bands.  All of their 80s albums have bops on them.  Anyway, my faves off the top of my head are 

  • Everything counts 
  • master and servant 
  • lie to me
  • Fly on the windshield 
  • stripped
  • strangelove
  • Policy of truth 

:giraffe:

41 minutes ago, Cheers said:

 

The only one I know

 

Jamelia outsold!

 

 

 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.