Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

7 minutes ago, New Edition said:

still never truly broke into the American mainstream it's crazy.

who-said-that.mov

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

3 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

And Armys talking about kcharts is funny BTS as soloist go nowhere on charts except when leeching off other popular artists :katie:

Jimin and Suga haven't officially released any purely solo tracks as of yet so there's no datapoint there for comparison. As for j-hope, this tweet is actually wrong and he peaked at #5 with rush hour :fan: BUT since you insist on comparing pure solos only, this was his debut with MORE

 

And also btw, do you really think Jcole is the reason this song is rising in korea :ahh: Exo-Ls really have the most fitting fandom name because all they've been doing since 2017 is taking L's left and right 

14 minutes ago, New Edition said:

BTS has had so many desperate collabs with Western artists and still never truly broke into the American mainstream it's crazy.

 

I don't know another kpop artist that had as many collabs as them it's near constant

i- the actual delusion of these types of comments will never fail to amuse me like sure grandma Betsy in Alabama might not know who Jimin is but BTS has 400k+ album debuts, multiple #1 singles, and the capacity to tour stadiums ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Please tell me who else can do all of these things in America and tell me they aren't mainstream :gaycat6: The Weeknd? Drake? Taylor Swift? Sounds like BTS is in some pretty good company!

 

Also BTS' most mainstream collabs are with Halsey, Coldplay, Megan, and Nicki. StinkPink has collabs with Gaga, Dua, Selena, and Cardi. Plenty of starpower there as well, but why can't the mannequins seem to do everything else I outlined earlier? :chick1:

3 hours ago, elevate said:

Never seen this but am obsessed! :jonnycat:

I wish we had more weirdo MVs like this nowadays.

Just to bring things back to this decade, the management involved in coming up with that stuff moved over to Mysticsomething when SM acquired them.  And they have this girl group called Billlie.  So, check that out, too.

 

I guess they're back under Kakao now.  Maybe they could fix Weeekly while they're at it.

 

:cm:

The way Armys  couldn't wait for the opportunity to attack EXO again after all these years, since EXO have been N/A  :snowman:

They need to let EXO breath and let them return to the industry in peace :biblio:

Edited by Pluto2022

Is SM gonna start posting their videos to 1theK once Kakao starts distributing their music?

2 hours ago, fauxtography said:

BTS's smasha success is just one of those things I'll go my whole life not understanding, and I am fine with that.

 

i did kinda like butter tho ngl

 

amymikesnatch.gif

 

 

anyways, better than anything BTS ever sharted into a microphone

 

 

 

 

 

I think BTS was just at the right place at the right time in their career, simple. Like, they weren't really making the best music out of the boygroups out there...among the 3rd gen top bgs, EXO, GOT7 and Seventeen were way more talented and COMPLETE and had much more to offer in terms of sound, quality, visuals and variety. And of course there were also WINNER, PENTAGON, MonstaX etc. as well.

I'm not trying to take away from their hardwork and hustle though, they've really defied all the odds and worked their way from being underdogs to the top. But timing has played a key factor in their growth and expansion beyond kpop. :bird:

1 hour ago, Butters said:

 

a songstress :clap3:

Sis is already securing her coins with these side-passion projects and laying the groundwork for her successful career after LSRFM. Slay kween.

831198104_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).thumb.g

BTS biggest kpop group ever :clap3: BTS great discography too (until 2021) :clap3:

 

 

9 hours ago, starstruckaj said:

Looking back I wish we would have gotten a Blackpink/Pinkpunk survival show and Baemon just get the Beyonce/NewJeans release treatment this summer :matty:

 

 

the "mystery" and "exclusiveness" works with BLACKPINK tbh

I don't think a blackpink survival show would've worked for them if they were exposed as much a babymonsters are being exposed right now before debuting officially 

 

I wonder how the evicted members feel right now except miyeon obviously. they almost got it :deadbanana:

you gotta give props to BTS though

despite being the most talentless, ugliest boy group  and worst discography of their generation (and kpop overall)

they still managed to be the biggest kpop act ever. if that's not power then I don't know what is

 

a7a57d640fee92f45f8b29944c76d165503ccd13.gif

armybots wilding and threatened by EXO already and this is only 1 exo member's comeback

imagine the meltdowns when the most talented, hottest and best discography 3rd gen boy group comes back in June :ahh: 

 

the fact that this Kai solo alone is better than all bots soloist outputs so far I get the insecurity tbh :deadbanana:

bts solo music is not hitting.... I'm waiting for the maknae line's official debuts :coffee:

easily exo solos>>> bts solos so far I do liked rm's latest album the most so far

10 hours ago, starstruckaj said:

Looking back I wish we would have gotten a Blackpink/Pinkpunk survival show and Baemon just get the Beyonce/NewJeans release treatment this summer :matty:

 

 

Jisoo would probably get axed if they did survival show 

4 hours ago, Cheers said:

 

Didn’t know BTS were thieves!

this is wild :eek:

 

okay I’m done, I’ve seen enough of such things since yesterday 

 

let me just bop to Rover 

10 hours ago, fauxtography said:

Hanna Jang
Currently: covering songs on youtube

 

:deadbanana2:

Jang Hanna had a whole solo album for her and then it continuously got pushed back by YG so she just left the company.

 

No other currently active group can serve bombastic productions/vocals like them. I need their next cb to sound like Genie by SNSD :clap3: 

7 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Jang Hanna had a whole solo album for her and then it continuously got pushed back by YG so she just left the company.

This is so sad. That company just hates women in general and this fact is confirmed every single time. :rip:
 

Anyway

why is Set Me Free English version playlisted and not the original version :ahh:no wonder the Blonks were foaming at the mouth and circlejerking on SMF’s streams the other day when it wasn’t even pushed on Spotify :rip:

 

the fact that Moonlight Sunrise got so much more streams on the first day makes even more sense now. JYPIG is so weird I swear.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Cheers said:

 

Didn’t know BTS were thieves!

Ok I hope they credited the original artists for this thievery, if not then….

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Ok I hope they credited the original artists for this thievery, if not then….

spacer.png

The songwriter is not the singer.

2 hours ago, Butters said:

 

a songstress :clap3:

wait this is quite cute. singer-songwriter in the making :clap3:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.