Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

tsuki angel :gaycat7:

Those twinks probably afraid of her, she beat down two olympian already.

Oh 0:33 onward is my favorite. Wendy we love you  :loki: Shes unfazed and confident for a reason

 

 

10 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Oh 0:33 onward is my favorite. Wendy we love you  :loki: Shes unfazed and confident for a reason

 

 

 

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

You're actually right Gidle continuously has been serving. I think they're also tied for third.

 

I think what makes Lesserafim 'not quite there yet' is that they haven't had THAT HIT SONG yet. Like aespa had Next Level and Gidle Tomboy. Lessarafim have some number 1s but they weren't MOMENTS.

Isn't Perfect Night one of the biggest kpop songs internationally this year and smashing in Korea? Even my friends who don't listen to kpop have heard it. Antifragile was also big, and Chaewon and Sakura are some of the 4th gen girls w the highest individual popularity/brands I believe. This song also did amazingly well for a bside and made a lot of noise. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it was already generating a lot of interest even before they released an MV and upped its promotions

 

 

I think the most accurate ranking right now is

  1. New Jeans
  2. IVE
  3. Aespa/Le Sserafim/Gidle

 

The groups sharing #3 are all pretty closely tied and their popularity compared to each other seems to shift pretty often based on the success of their latest releases. #1 and #2 seem pretty stable for now though but #3 is hard to determine and can change again if one of them drops another hit or have something else blow up

I'm increasingly obsessed with this album :jonny: The bsides are too good. We need to find a way to make Backwards blow up but Odyssey might be my fav

 

 

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

perfect night has been stable at #1 for weeks now but since it’s not an actual comeback it doesn’t feel as big as the others

have this feeling that they might get THAT moment with their next comeback, especially after the success of PN :jonny5:

The ULs and points are so low that it still doesn't feel like either Drama or PN are actual massive hits. Same with Baddie. 

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The ULs and points are so low that it still doesn't feel like either Drama or PN are actual massive hits. Same with Baddie. 

that definitely plays a part too even though all these songs did great on other streaming platforms as well :gaycat6:

People constantly trying to discredit Le Sserafim as if they don’t have the best discography out of any of their peers 

 

and no I will not be entertaining alternative opinions at this time, thank you.

 

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Isn't Perfect Night one of the biggest kpop songs internationally this year and smashing in Korea? Even my friends who don't listen to kpop have heard it. Antifragile was also big, and Chaewon and Sakura are some of the 4th gen girls w the highest individual popularity/brands I believe. This song also did amazingly well for a bside and made a lot of noise. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it was already generating a lot of interest even before they released an MV and upped its promotions

 

 

I think the most accurate ranking right now is

  1. New Jeans
  2. IVE
  3. Aespa/Le Sserafim/Gidle

 

The groups sharing #3 are all pretty closely tied and their popularity compared to each other seems to shift pretty often based on the success of their latest releases. #1 and #2 seem pretty stable for now though but #3 is hard to determine and can change again if one of them drops another hit or have something else blow up

G idle have 3 #1 hits in a row. I don’t see how their popularity can be compared? 

24 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

 

:clap3:

I'm always impressed by these. Cuntbodia is quite the variation. :ahh:

EXACTLY :clap3:

 

THAT THE BG TT OF THE YEAR! Pnation is fumbling the bag with them 

 

 

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

EXACTLY :clap3:

 

THAT THE BG TT OF THE YEAR! Pnation is fumbling the bag with them 

 

 

Baby finally I feel like I can be me

 

c.gif

 

This was actually a great year for bgs imo. The newbies really outclassed some of their elders tbh.

3 hours ago, Cheers said:

ENGODPEN

 

 

Gayer than what happened in the American senate yesterday :rip:

20 minutes ago, Adama said:

G idle have 3 #1 hits in a row. I don’t see how their popularity can be compared? 

I would agree if we're only talking about consistent chart success but I just think theres a lot of other factors making it harder to determine who is more popular overall than just the amount of #1s in Korea. SKZ doesn't do too well on Korean charts but they're still largely accepted as the most popular bg after BTS rn as they're more successful in other arenas. This isn't an attempt to downplay Gidle btw I love them, I just think these groups all excel in different areas and at different times makes it hard to choose a solid #3. It's why so many people have different opinions on this

Edited by gigantopithecus

1 hour ago, gigantopithecus said:

I'm increasingly obsessed with this album :jonny: The bsides are too good. We need to find a way to make Backwards blow up but Odyssey might be my fav

 

 

Actually I think I lied  :gaycat4:  This is probably my favorite bside

 

 

17 minutes ago, elevate said:

Baby finally I feel like I can be me

 

c.gif

 

This was actually a great year for bgs imo. The newbies really outclassed some of their elders tbh.

 

Yeah outside ZB1 horrible misstep with that awful drop on crush, them, RIIZE and TNX outclassed the others 4th gen bg TT this year imo! Enhypen was good with Bite me but then they had to release Sweet venom :toofunny3:

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.