Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

New spoiler. It’s giving pre camp g-idle.

 

wait this sounds like a smasha :jonny5:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

4 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

because their discography got larger? i wonder which songs have the most streams and what year theyre from

And this? :lakitu:

 

1 minute ago, gigantopithecus said:

And this? :lakitu:

 

yes drama is definitely on track to becoming their biggest hit! :clap3:

Just now, Asscatchem said:

yes drama is definitely on track to becoming their biggest hit! :clap3:

Oh yes give a stream to Aespa's biggest hit while we're here too :clap3:

 

 

IMG_6908.gif?ex=656fb848&is=655d4348&hm=

My wrapped

 

Singles

1. Like Crazy (Eng)

2. Like Crazy (Kor)

3. Seven

5. OMG

 

Artist 

1. New Jeans

4. Jimin

 

The double Jimin entry 

 

spacer.png
 

Like Crazy was pop perfection I’ve no shame 

 

 

Edited by BTS

20 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

F6R5V5lWEAA17v9?format=jpg&name=large

 

only a Hiatus! she did not leave Itzy, just taking some time to feel better :heart:


why did it read to me as “hyuna takes break from wonder girls due to health”

 

tbh she gets unfairly clowned a lot, Lia i wish you happiness girly

 

ITZY would not be complete without her

 

:khalyan:

Edited by hétérosexuelle

54 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

I don’t get how seven is popular, but i guess the music they release does not matter

 

it’s so vulgar

 

and does not register with how ju*gkook carries himself

 

like a song where the chorus is about ******* every day of the week :ryan2:

Streaming farms in Thailand

 

tumblr_7997bf2f0dafb8da44f90372eaf64b77_

2 minutes ago, New Edition said:

 

and she's right, fifth harmony was kinda THAT girl group

lemme stan her

 

fifth-harmony-dancing.gif

30 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

I am also curious if we are seeing a decline here :lakitu:

 

 

"Top 2 and I ain't #1" indeed :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

34 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

And this? :lakitu:

 

Psycho was such a smasha and it was in ******* 2019 :deadbanana2: They truly had the worst luck

8 minutes ago, Sept said:

"Top 2 and I ain't #1" indeed :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

The point is that they're not declining :deadbanana2: Lets just manifest #1 for the girls next comeback

 

And yes on Psycho :jonny5: One of the greatest kpop songs of all time. What a moment

 

 

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

what time are the Melons?

 

spacer.png

about 6 hours from now is when the shows starts :gaycat4:

39 minutes ago, BTS said:

My wrapped

 

Singles

1. Like Crazy (Eng)

2. Like Crazy (Kor)

3. Seven

5. OMG

 

Artist 

1. New Jeans

4. Jimin

 

The double Jimin entry 

 

spacer.png
 

Like Crazy was pop perfection I’ve no shame 

 

 

It's tied with Slow Dancing for soty tbh 

From an American herself  :clap3:  RV has so much western appeal. SM just needs to give them the promo

 

 

I think songs like Psycho and Bad Boy could do so well. Theres not any kpop groups popular there right now known for a mature vocally-focused sound. Not only is their sound something that will sell well, but it will also help differentiate them from other kpop groups to stand out more

 

 

  

5 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

The interactions on the VCHA promo tweets are shockingly low.

 

 

 

21 minutes ago, New Edition said:

 

 

The way I know almost nothing about VCHA and I don't care either. I hate to say it, this last batch of unmemorable survival show groups with unmemorable names and unmemorable trainees isn't it. Hopefully they find themselves a niche and build a small fanbase, otherwise... :deadbanana4:

Katseye, while I have big doubts, I recognize they have some standout members like Lara and Manon and I'm looking forward to their debut. 

I think this song might be objectively bad to most but I'm a little obsessed with it :jonny:

 

 

And learning Vernon worked on the track, the hyperpop influence made sense. Need him to go back to this and get over his Avril Lavigne obsession pop punk phase. He should get another solo MV with a fun bop like this instead

 

gretchen-dance.gif

1 hour ago, Asscatchem said:

and aespa def peaked in 2021. bulk buying doesnt count else we'd consider rv's birthday their career peak.

Album Sales

2021: 574,445

2022: 1,984,556

2023: 3,369,049

 

Spotify: 

2020: 25M

2021: 275M

2022: 550M

2023: 700M+

 

Domestic Digitals:

2022 > 2021 > 2023 > 2020

 

YouTube: 

2022 > 2023 > 2021 > 2020

 

Album Equivalents:

2020 - 100k

2021 - 750k

2022 - 2.5M

2023 - 4M

 

2023 is the only year with a tour. Explain to me how 2021 was their peak :deadbanana: 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.