Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, Harrier said:

Girl's Generation :heart: SNSD stands for the initials of their korean name

Oooh! Yeah I know them never heard of their Japanese stuff but their Korean is very hit or miss for me 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

4 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

if a song sucks... Scientist

BLASPHEMY :laugh: Scientist era was so cute and what made me a fan 

 

  

Just now, Sailor Moon said:

how many songs are in sunmi's new song :deadbanana2: the aespa print!


:bibliahh: The way I was thinking "Maybe I'll like this song in a year or two, like Next Level and Savage" 

Edited by Reginald

7 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

And speaking of that song:

 

Who thought this was a good idea???

 

a #1 HIT, not everyone has that

Harry Styles breaking records WITH A BALLAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Mariah  carey, Harry styles update, Harry styles

3 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

One thing about onces is if a song sucks we aren’t gonna stream (see Scientist and set me free) 

Not the scientist lashing when Momoriah served the best bridge in pop history

 

1 minute ago, Veiko said:

Lies 

 

I can’t stop me is a major bop and their digitals were poor to say at least 

ICSM has 300M streams on Spotify :rip:I don’t talk about melon 

2 minutes ago, Veiko said:

Oooh! Yeah I know them never heard of their Japanese stuff but their Korean is very hit or miss for me 

Listen to their first Japanese album on YouTube. One of the best albums released by a female Kpop artist 

7 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

And speaking of that song:

 

Who thought this was a good idea???

 

Justice for I can’t stop me and talk that talk this song is terrible

9 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

And speaking of that song:

 

Who thought this was a good idea???

 

People with good taste did :clap3:

6 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

a #1 HIT, not everyone has that

Harry Styles breaking records WITH A BALLAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Mariah  carey, Harry styles update, Harry styles

It irks my souls that this went #1 in Korea while supernatural quality bops like Fancy, MORE & MORE, I Can’t Stop Me, Talk That Talk etc. didn’t :biblionana:

 

At least those songs did better internationally :clap3:

 

Edited by Pluto2022

Just now, Dialamba said:

ICSM has 300M streams on Spotify :rip:I don’t talk about melon 

That’s pretty low for me for a top girl group. Newjeans just debuted and already have 4 songs with more than 300M streams. 

 

 

 

Signal and Scientist are 10/10 songs :jonny5: two of my favorites from them

SIGNAL:

Daesangs - 1

 

Fancy + MORE & MORE + ICSM + TTT:

Daesangs - 0

 

23648cf32c3bdd74b5957723bd1af5b6.gif

5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Listen to their first Japanese album on YouTube. One of the best albums released by a female Kpop artist 

You are setting them up with this if it’s anything similar to some of their Korean songs 

20 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Listened to SNSD's Japanese discography from front to back tonight and **** me it still holds up so well, unlike most K-pop from 2011-2013 

 

You-aholic, Bad Girl, Beautiful Stranger, The Great Escape, Animal, Flower Power, Reflection, Paparazzi, Galaxy Supernova, Lips, Gossip Girls, Karma Butterfly and more.... The endless 10/10 bops. The cohesive pop electro, atmospheric sound.

 

I fear that no other K-pop girl group has something that compares to this album trinity:jonny:

I listened to the Megamix the other day and thought the same thing 

It's literally 1 hour straight of back to back punches...my wig was disintegrated at an atomic level by the end :wanda:

 

Edited by Zack

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

SIGNAL:

Daesangs - 1

 

Fancy + MORE & MORE + ICSM + TTT:

Daesangs - 0

 

23648cf32c3bdd74b5957723bd1af5b6.gif

just like Umpah Umpah, it's so hated, but it was awarded a Daesang 

a bop and a HIT

23648cf32c3bdd74b5957723bd1af5b6.gif

39 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

I remember there was that article awhile ago about how Leeseo was signing autographs all the time but a whole notebook is actual bullying. Tons of respect for her to not snap after all these months.

She better lists all those bullies name because their career will be over when they about to debut :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Veiko said:

That’s pretty low for me for a top girl group. Newjeans just debuted and already have 4 songs with more than 300M streams. 

 

 

 

Twice’s discography wasn’t available on Spotify until 2018 And it’s k-pop 300M is huge  who cares about NJ spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

ICSM has 300M streams on Spotify :rip:I don’t talk about melon 

And over 500M views on YouTube :clap3:It’s one of their best performing songs on global streaming along with Fancy and What Is Love

 

I was surprised to see the mixed reception from KTRL for Signal... and then I wasn't.

 

Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides KTRL into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf pop consumption to their name, and an unruly kid crew with RIIZE avatars and tributes to SKZ in their signatures. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a "TWICE" — that is, they've never encountered voices quite as distinctive as TWICE’s. "But I know TWICE! Ready To Be was the first album I bought!" First off, ask for a refund. And no, you don't know TWICE, you know a very stilted and subdued version of the iconic performers.

 

The TWICE of "Signal" is TWICE as TWICE is intended to sound. They very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; they are nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how they're supposed to do it.) They're sultry. They're goofy. They sound slightly absurd. They're fully engaged. They're expressive in ways that "technically superior" vokalists just aren't. They're is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant they are.

 

That's is the probably purest attempt TWICE has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made their early work so irresistible. I adore it.

9 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

It irks my souls that this went #1 while supernatural quality bops like Fancy, MORE & MORE, I Can’t Stop Me, Talk That Talk etc. didn’t :biblionana:

South Korea can switch in a second, they can literally forget about a group and then suddenly stream and make them smash :deadbanana2: just shows how fast the market changes

 

Red Velvet: (I do blame quality in this case)

#2 peek a boo

#2 bad boy

#1 power up

#10 really bad boy

#11 zimzalbim

#18 umpah umpah

#2 psycho

 

momoland:

#2 bboom bboom 

#13 baam

 

brave girls:

#1 rollin' + #4 we ride

#3 chi mat ba ram

#51 after we ride

 

oh my girl:

#50 Bungee

#2 nonstop + #9 dolphin

#1 dun dun dnace

#32 summer comes

 

I believe twice will get another hit someday :chick3: they just need the right material and promotion

 

 

Edited by Sailor Moon

2 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

just like Umpah Umpah, it's so hated, but it was awarded a Daesang 

a bop and a HIT

23648cf32c3bdd74b5957723bd1af5b6.gif

kinda their best summer song

 

23648cf32c3bdd74b5957723bd1af5b6.gif

5 minutes ago, Flomik said:

SIGNAL:

Daesangs - 1

 

Fancy + MORE & MORE + ICSM + TTT:

Daesangs - 0

 

23648cf32c3bdd74b5957723bd1af5b6.gif

This is actually insane :redface:

 

It kills me inside whenever the term “mixpop” is used unironically because jyp literally stole that from aespa/sm 

22 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I as a Twice stan drag S*gnal monthly in here for example :mummy:

You dragging Wignal when real **** like Knock Knock and Yes or Yes exist :mummy:

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.