Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Taeyeon just sold out her second arena date in Singapore within minutes, wew the DEMAND for the hag :clap3: 

 

 

managed to get tickets, so I'm going both dates :duca: 

Edited by Pikachu

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

I honestly just find interesting how the actual festival itself is fueling on the fire, like it was just so unnecessary and Lollapalooza Paris better respond and fight back 

spacer.png

 

Like even if either TXT or SKZ became the FIRST KPOP GROUP to headline the festival, they still wouldn't become THE FIRST KPOP ACT to headline it, since J-hope already headlined the festival last year, so all this fighting is just stupid. Both fandoms just hate each other's guts and love to spite each other

spacer.png

Not you complaining about an official account adding fuel to the fire and wanting another to do the same /j 

 

I just want people to move on, I'm tired of this appearing on my timeline

 

spacer.png

the problem ain’t about being a fan:dies:

You can still stream the music and Stan them online all you want. It’s actively going out to a fanmeet hi-touch event for them highscoolers when you’re like 35😆 

 

I mean I get going to Kpop concerts if you ain’t weird or supporting online like some of us aging Kpop hags. But it’s a pretty cringe look to be in this specific setting at that age. 

 

1 hour ago, mokitsu said:

 

 

Don't like the original at all but this version is so good :heart2: the sparkling Robyn'd synth drop and guitar are perfect

 

Actually THE SHOW live album is great, the live band versions are great and it works as a Greatest Hits album, their best release :clap3: 

Multiple The Album tracks are superior in live ver tbh

 

 esp crazy over you and love to hate me

 

Really reggae live ver eats up the OG so bad too:deadbanana2:

The whole fanmeeting culture is weird. Regardless If the fan has 10 or 40. Imagine buying a thousand copies of albums to talk to people who consider you a strange and are forced to be there and be nice cause It's their work.

 

I'd never pay for it. I'm fine Liking them from far. 

 

:giraffe:

The think pieces in here about RIIZE already, just let them debut first 

 

I'll pretend that she's Gyuri whenever i missed her being an idol again. They look like sisters :chick3: Also Wooyeon is so underrated, i hope she makes it into top 7 with Nana :jonnycat:

I hate fansigns, and the video call trend from the pandemic is even worse :redface:
The whole talk and requests from fans :redface: I simply cant watch more than 10s
Do I feel sorry for the idols? No, they are all doing that to milk money. It's just the second hand embarrassment, I cant.

 

MOTHER MOTHERED SO HARD :jonny6:

 

And Disco Energy is going to be released soon (next week the performance will be uploaded)

 

 

9 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

I hate fansigns, and the video call trend from the pandemic is even worse :redface:
The whole talk and requests from fans :redface: I simply cant watch more than 10s
Do I feel sorry for the idols? No, they are all doing that to milk money. It's just the second hand embarrassment, I cant.

Videocalls are really worse, cause there isn't security to prevent idols to be even sexually harassed, as no one can control what the person behind the screen will say or do. I've seen it many times. 

Edited by Mitsuki

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

the problem ain’t about being a fan:dies:

You can still stream the music and Stan them online all you want. It’s actively going out to a fanmeet hi-touch event for them highscoolers when you’re like 35😆 

 

I mean I get going to Kpop concerts if you ain’t weird or supporting online like some of us aging Kpop hags. But it’s a pretty cringe look to be in this specific setting at that age. 

 

 

35 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

The whole fanmeeting culture is weird. Regardless If the fan has 10 or 40. Imagine buying a thousand copies of albums to talk to people who consider you a strange and are forced to be there and be nice cause It's their work.

 

I'd never pay for it. I'm fine Liking them from far. 

 

:giraffe:

 

21 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

I hate fansigns, and the video call trend from the pandemic is even worse :redface:
The whole talk and requests from fans :redface: I simply cant watch more than 10s
Do I feel sorry for the idols? No, they are all doing that to milk money. It's just the second hand embarrassment, I cant.

its so so weird like :rip: I would not pay thousand of dollars to see and talk to my faves face to face like that :rip: what are we even gonna talk about :deadbanana:

 

i'd pay thousand of dollars to see them perform in front of me though and maybe a quick lil meet and greet/photo backstage. but a fanmeet to talk for 2 mins and to sign my album? keep it :rip:

Edited by MonsterNavy

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

Still wondering why this is so important. As I said yesterday, let them have it 

 

At least It feeds Stays narrative It's them and SKZ against the world. It makes them more passionate and crazy

 

spacer.png

 

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

I honestly just find interesting how the actual festival itself is fueling on the fire, like it was just so unnecessary and Lollapalooza Paris better respond and fight back 

spacer.png

 

Like even if either TXT or SKZ became the FIRST KPOP GROUP to headline the festival, they still wouldn't become THE FIRST KPOP ACT to headline it, since J-hope already headlined the festival last year, so all this fighting is just stupid. Both fandoms just hate each other's guts and love to spite each other

spacer.png

Since you’re making such a big deal out of this, I went and checked if both of these groups were actual “headliners” or were just in the lineup, and found out both were legit headliners… so it might look like theyre “favoring” one group over the other

spacer.png

spacer.png


but in reality, if you look at the Twitter account, the original Lollapalooza and the Paris Lollapalooza have separate accounts, so they might function as two different entities and might only regard their own show as superior.  And not trying to be shady here, but the Lollapalooza in Chicago has always regarded been THE Lollapalooza festival. so in my opinion, this is nothing to be outraged about. If stray kids perform at the Chicago Lollapalooza next year, I’m pretty sure their Twitter account will write an appreciation post for them too. Stop with these weird good-for-nothing complaints.
spacer.png

They got back up dancers. :keir:

 

Too bad the crowd sucks compared to the other HITC.

 

 

 

 

34 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

The whole fanmeeting culture is weird. Regardless If the fan has 10 or 40. Imagine buying a thousand copies of albums to talk to people who consider you a strange and are forced to be there and be nice cause It's their work.

 

I'd never pay for it. I'm fine Liking them from far. 

 

:giraffe:

Kpop in general has always milked the f out of these parasocial fans, and frankly there are a lot of them. Of course we see that in the western acts as well (lord the one direction days flashbacks) but with kpop it’s so much more layered and the “standards” are  much more ridiculous. Sometimes I do feel bad for these idols, especially the young ones, because they are doing these things under pressure from the company but they have to because it comes with the job. What can we do.

 

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

 

Since you’re making such a big deal out of this, I went and checked if both of these groups were actual “headliners” or were just in the lineup, and found out both were legit headliners… so it might look like theyre “favoring” one group over the other

spacer.png

spacer.png


but in reality, if you look at the Twitter account, the original Lollapalooza and the Paris Lollapalooza have separate accounts, so they might function as two different entities and might only regard their own show as superior.  And not trying to be shady here, but the Lollapalooza in Chicago has always regarded been THE Lollapalooza festival. so in my opinion, this is nothing to be outraged about. If stray kids perform at the Chicago Lollapalooza next year, I’m pretty sure their Twitter account will write an appreciation post for them too. Stop with these weird good-for-nothing complaints.
spacer.png

But I didn't say anything bad about the festival's post, why am I on this quote?  :rip:

 

For me It's just funny the fans read It as shade so It feeds their victim complex narrative and can stream more and buy more albums next comeback to "prove everyone wrong". It always work well for boygroup fandoms. 

 

Don’t even like you stays but it don’t matter at the end of the day :giraffe: your boys made more noise then txt flop

 

nj outdid both of them hype wise.. main event:clap3:

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

 

Since you’re making such a big deal out of this, I went and checked if both of these groups were actual “headliners” or were just in the lineup, and found out both were legit headliners… so it might look like theyre “favoring” one group over the other

spacer.png

spacer.png


but in reality, if you look at the Twitter account, the original Lollapalooza and the Paris Lollapalooza have separate accounts, so they might function as two different entities and might only regard their own show as superior.  And not trying to be shady here, but the Lollapalooza in Chicago has always regarded been THE Lollapalooza festival. so in my opinion, this is nothing to be outraged about. If stray kids perform at the Chicago Lollapalooza next year, I’m pretty sure their Twitter account will write an appreciation post for them too. Stop with these weird good-for-nothing complaints.
spacer.png

They are 2 different entities, Lollapalooza Paris is not the main festivals, mind you they almost even had a whole different name, it's just because of investors thye succeeded to get the name. Which is why I said earlier that Lollapalooza Paris while it's still Lollapalooza but it's not really it. So it won't count as first or anything related to the actually festivals even if they break any other records.

Just now, spicyaegha said:

Don’t even like you stays but it don’t matter at the end of the day :giraffe: your boys made more noise then txt flop

 

nj outdid both of them hype wise.. main event:clap3:

Imagine when the queens become an actual headliner :clap3:

16 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Videocalls are really worse, cause there isn't security to prevent idols to be even sexually harassed, as no one can control what the person behind the screen will say or do. I've seen it many times. 

:mazen: never really saw any in this lvl, thank God
the worse I think was a girl singing I Wanna Marry You (Ican remember the idol)
but they was like :busted:

 

 

11 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

 

 

its so so weird like :rip: I would not pay thousand of dollars to see and talk to my faves face to face like that :rip: what are we even gonna talk about :deadbanana:

 

i'd pay thousand of dollars to see them perform in front of me though and maybe a quick lil meet and greet backstage. but a fanmeet to talk for 2 mins and to sign my album? keep it :rip:

the forced smile from the idols:busted::busted::busted:  but the fans really think the idols loved that time 

 

-


a fanmeet in theatres is cute tho, if the fanbase behavior is ok 

Edited by dlwlrma

1 minute ago, Mitsuki said:

But I didn't say anything bad about the festival's post, why am I on this quote?  :rip:

 

For me It's just funny the fans read It as shade so It feeds their victim complex narrative and can stream more and buy more albums next comeback to "prove everyone wrong". It always work well for boygroup fandoms. 

 

It was for Pluto specifically, i just quoted you because you were kinda trying to say a similar thing as me. Yeah the feeding into the victim complex of fans also is a factor since they always fall for that…but I truly think in this case, it’s the stuff that I mentioned on my post. 

Niche but iconic throwbacks

 


only true 2nd gen baddies will understand

Edited by Cyanide

PINKCHELLA best festival performance this year I fear :superman:

 

Nobody is coming close

 

 

Mother has been getting dragged all year but she devoted the stage more then all your favs

 

5 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

:mazen: never really saw any in this lvl, thank God
the worse I think was a girl singing I Wanna Marry You (Ican remember the idol)
but they was like :busted:

This one?

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.