Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

What was ATRL back when you discovered it?

Featured Replies

I discovered ATRL back in 2012. I was still a lurker then and Idk if I'm remembering things correctly but I still recall the credit card girl thread, the little monster called Nicole and her unhinged posts, I also vividly remember @ks_dollar making very random threads that made me laugh everytime like "Gingerbread man waiting down the stairs", "Friendly Alligator Carried by Human" ( that turned out to be a salamander :deadbanana4:) and members would always reply and spam in his/her threads with his/her Avi that used to be a black woman eating a cake. Of course the Leona threads, too and No Holds Barred.

Edited by FailSafe

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A place where they didn't ban you for saying stuff like "lockdowns are not effective" or "taylor switf is a horrid singer". 

Oh jeez, I've been here for a while. Back when I joined there was no censorship (you could say **** and not be starred) and sometimes there was porn. :skull: The ICONIC og continents thread :deadbanana2:

I discovered ATRL back in 2007 and it felt like it was filled with straights.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

  • Author
31 minutes ago, zach said:

Oh jeez, I've been here for a while. Back when I joined there was no censorship (you could say **** and not be starred) and sometimes there was porn. :skull: The ICONIC og continents thread :deadbanana2:

I remember that thread! The endless debate :ahh:also some user shaded Ciara being pregnant and a Ciara stan dragging them immediately by saying no one ****** their mother because they were scooped up from a used condom :deadbanana4: that for me was still the messiest personal drag I've ever read :rip:

48 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

and members would always reply and spam in his/her threads with his/her Avi that used to be a black woman eating a cake.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX3GyH3LB-rJ5CIYry3pr

I found it in early 2011, all the main pop girls of my gen (Rihanna, Gaga, Katy) were at their peaks. SYG and NHB still existed, and sure the modneys were corrupt, but at least the strict censorship we have today wasn’t enforced yet. Such a fun era tbh, ATRL is now just a shell of its former self.

I discovered it on the day I signed up in 2016 and I didn’t start actively using it until a few months later.

Back in the day when dragging our favorites you wouldn't get banned. Also, it was Gaga and Katy peaks commercial wise.

I found this forum in Nov/Dec 2009 while looking for digital sales numbers. I joined in February 2010 - I was 14 years old at the time. I'm now 27. So literally half a lifetime ago for me, lol.

 

It was way messier back then - it was messy for a long time after I joined. Lots of things being said that would be considered offensive nowadays, which I really tried to avoid. I liked viewing SYG because of all the random songs i would find in there or topics being discussed, but it was sometimes really awful and negative. Some stuff was hilarious but it crossed a line of decency way more often than it should have.

It was actually so messy with certain problematic things being said that I sometimes questioned why it was being allowed - thankfully, the site has cleaned up and allows less of it nowadays. I don't miss those days at all and think it was correctly cleaned up.

 

Pop music was definitely in a really fun phase when I first joined from 2010-2013 - there was always stuff happening to discuss. I started noticing pop landscape was drying up a bit in 2014-2016, with an uptick in 2016 being a great year for pop girls. 2017-2019 was really rough landscape for pop music, not as much to talk about - also the site started having its massive tech issues during that phase too. I started working full time in 2017 during the pop music drought, so just naturally didn't have as much free time as before to be on here anyway - which is pretty much where I am at now - I am on here way less than I used to be. I still browse because this site is pretty fast with news on new music lol but I don't feel the need to post as much about what music I am listening to or chart positions. Also adulting really does eat up most of your free time by the time you're in your mid-late 20s.

1 hour ago, ToxDust said:

A place where they didn't ban you for saying stuff like "lockdowns are not effective" or "taylor switf is a horrid singer". 

Or calling actual has-beens….has-beens…

 

OT: it was a place talked about on GGD about how HORRIBLE y’all were to gaga. So I lurked SYG and loved the wigs getting tossed DAILY. It was so funny and I have so many screen shots of the crazy **** y’all would say 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Some truly vile **** that would be ZTP’d today but that was the fun of OldTRL

 

 

32 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

I remember that thread! The endless debate :ahh:also some user shaded Ciara being pregnant and a Ciara stan dragging them immediately by saying no one ****** their mother because they were scooped up from a used condom :deadbanana4: that for me was still the messiest personal drag I've ever read :rip:

:deadbanana2: RUTHLESS

I think I joined ‘19?? Idk if it was much difference, I just miss dark mode

I discovered it in 2014 during the Prism and Artpop days. Those were good times.

 

12 minutes ago, Juanny said:

what the-- you were NEVER banned for saying these things :ahh::bibliahh: the way you have to LIE through that mouth of yours spouting right wing, islamophobic and anti-chinese xeonphobic talking points on a left-leaning forum to justify your bans, just shut the **** up like why are you here then  :deadbanana2:

 

This exposé :jonny4:

Back in 2015-2016 it was amazing I missed so many times the registrations open, and I had to wait one ******* year for approval had no business to take so long 

I discovered it during the Born This Way era, I became a lurker during the ARTPOP era and joined in 2016. It was way messier back then, the gifs were a total disaster :ahh:

 

 

tumblr_inline_p7j991c0ki1r561jx_500.jpg

 

i started lurking in 2017. things were definitely a bit messier, but pretty much the same

 

i used to read OldTRL threads and those were always a kii

Back in 06-07. I remember reading threads about Gaga before I had heard of her / before Just Dance really blew up in the US.

 

Everyone had their own TRL / top 10 daily video countdowns :rip:

 

I remember the transition to Popfusion and then back to ATRL.

 

Stan culture wasn't what it is today so I feel like it was less messy and more just a discussion of music.

I became a member in 2013 and it was really community based, I knew most people here and there was a lot of DMing and interpersonal connection

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.