Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (ā‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Are you left, right or centre (politically)

Are you left, right or centre (politically) 123 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you left, right or centre (politically)

    • Left
      68%
      84
    • Right
      6%
      8
    • Centre - I value both left and right values
      25%
      31

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Are you left, right or centre (politically)
Ā 

id say I’m Centre right, with some left values.Ā 

  • Replies 85
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Nano said:

Left, but without the woke.

The best type of left :clap3:

Went from Center left to Center, there's still too many points that right stand for that I don't agree with to consider myself definitely Center right.

There's points on both sides that I agree and disagree with.

I'm very disappointed in the current German government though and regret voting Green.

Ā 

Center left, but I don't hesitate to say the right is right (hihi) when they are. It's better to use common sense than to try to fit into a box. :matty:

Center neutral for the most part even if I don't agree with either side all the time I do like to listen to each point of view and try my best to find common ground with points from each on different things. Doesn't always happen that way but I give it a solid effort in trying not to shut anyone out I dont particularly agree with.

Ā 

:celestial3:

18 minutes ago, Breakdown said:

I'm very disappointed in the current German government though and regret voting Green.

Why's that? Asking as an outsider, no agenda.

48 minutes ago, Nano said:

Left, but without the woke.

Serving I'm only gay when I'm drunk teas.

Ā 

OT: Left.

Left. I reject and despise the majority of what conservatives believe in and support. However I don’t align myself with the ultra woke who get upset by the most benign ****.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Nano said:

Why's that? Asking as an outsider, no agenda.

There's a lot of incompetence going on and Green/Red and Liberal (who build the current government) just don't get along because they have so different opinions, so for both sides there's not much progress in my opinion. Everything's messy and stagnating. And the Green party's priorities are weird in general. I'm on break now at work, so I can't get too much into it. But every party in the government is acting a mess. If there's interest I could list examples later. Gtg now.

At the end of the day I'm pretty left, however I do get frustrated with how dogmatic, over-the-top and virtue signally some lefties can be, which makes me want to distance myself from them.

Like the condescending wokescolding has got to stop, it's so unproductive and scares people away from the cause.

1 minute ago, Breakdown said:

There's a lot of incompetence going on and Green/Red and Liberal (who build the current government) just don't get along because they have so different opinions, so for both sides there's not much progress in my opinion. Everything's messy and stagnating. And the Green party's priorities are weird in general. I'm on break now at work, so I can't get too much into it. But every party in the government is acting a mess. If there's interest I could list examples later. Gtg now.

I expected there to be trouble when I heard the Liberals were joining the Greens and SPD. Doesn't sound like a coalition where anyone would come out happy.

Very, very left.

Ā 

Just to break it down... the left (generally) believe in:
Ā 

  • Free healthcare - nobody should have to go bankrupt for needing chemo
  • Not allowing billionaires to exist
  • Taking the issue of Global Warming seriously
  • Reducing income inequality
  • Protecting the wellbeing of queer people, the disabled, minorities etc
  • Protecting trans people
  • Unions
  • Workers Rights
  • Combatting systemic racism
  • Cracking down on gun violence
  • Cracking down on hate speech
  • Cracking down on monopolies
  • Not treating immigrants like absolute dog sh*t
  • Allowing women the right to choose
    Ā 

Whilst I appreciate a select few on the left can be insufferable, you've got to bring it back to the core values...

Edited by Peroxide

15 minutes ago, Delirious said:

100% left.

Ā 

Except I don't like religion.Ā 

How is religion a part of the left ideology?Ā 

1 minute ago, Bonicap said:

How is religion a part of the left ideology?Ā 

Well whenever someone criticizes religion except Christianity, leftists often scream ISLAMAPHOBIA, ANTI SEMANTIC etc.

Very much the left. There’s some identity politics I disagree with but I think this is more of a neo-liberal concept than a leftist one.Ā 

Edited by Robert

Centre.Ā 

Ā 

Left implies too much control of Government over Public (communism) where they have long lines just to get a pack of bread.Ā 

Ā 

Right means homophobia and islamophobia but economic freedom.Ā 

Ā 

So the only best of both.Ā 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.