Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Nicole Scherzinger flopped. Why?

Featured Replies

It seemed like Nicole had all the cards lined up for her debut - Killer Love album. RedOne/Stargate production in 2011. Good feats. Some of the singles even charted in the UK.

 

Why did she FLOP in the end?

 

Tumblr: Image

 

 

 

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racism, the music industry, Interscope, her team, her own self, The Pussycat Dolls stigma.

 

But that's ok. Success does not start and end with chats and mainstream hits. Nicole is a respectee vocalist by the legends and once she moves her ass to Broadway, she will finally receieve her flowers.

 

Ahe can still outdance, outsing and outperfom 98% of the industry.

 

Talent > mainstream success.

It wasn't even released in the US... it did fine in the UK, sold 140k and had three top 3 hits.

Her only good single was Don't Hold Your Breath. It went #1 in the UK as it should.

2 minutes ago, prézli said:

Excuse YOU?

Excuse what? Because Asian Polynesians are so incredibly represented in the Entertainment Industry, right? :rip:

 

The GP is always so quick to deem Nicole a *****, a bully and mock her constantly for no reason whatsoever. It's weird and it's giving racism. How else would you explain it?

Just now, cypriotpcdfan said:

Excuse what? Because Asian Polynesians are so incredibly represented in the Entertainment Industry, right? :rip:

 

The GP is always so quick to deem Nicole a *****, a bully and mock her constantly for no reason whatsoever. It's weird and it's giving racism. How else would you explain it?

No one knows she's Asian. :rip: 

13 minutes ago, prézli said:

No one knows she's Asian. :rip: 

No one thinks she's white either. :rip:

47 minutes ago, Scotland said:

 

 

This terrible ass music video :lmao:

 

Anyways, it was about the music. She had one good song, but most of the singles she put out, like Supervillain, Punani etc, were just not cutting it and after a while it was too late fa ha :michael:

51 minutes ago, Scotland said:

 Nicole had all the cards lined

I read "all her cards declined" and thought well damn. :deadbanana2:

No one knew about it.

 

I definitely knew who PCD were in my GP era, but had no idea Nicole had a solo career :giraffe:

I hate to say this but she needed a stage name. I think that would have helped. Her last name is too complicated for anyone in the gp to remember, not to mention half of the media couldn’t pronounce it. Very disrespectful. The OP’s inability to bother spelling it correctly in the title is example enough (I know it’s a joke, but it helps my point that her last name is just too complicated)

1 minute ago, blueberries said:

lazy deluded very little talent

Very little talent? That's a fallacy if I ever saw one.. 

23 minutes ago, Iceland said:

She should have stayed in the PCD :gaycat3:

It is interesting how when she went to PCD after her first attempt of going solo she found success again. I think the GP just reasonates with her as the face of PCD? :doc:

Back then I was a kid and part of the GP, I thought she was just a radio fodder with good music, only a year or two later I found the girl who sang those European hits in 2011 was the girl from The Pussycat Dolls and I knew who that was, so I think the brand was a problem. Nicole was kinda faceless, but with her backup dancers and under a cool (and procovative) name, she had an identity. Plus PCD broke up too soon. If all those songs were released under PCD name, they would've been much bigger hits.

Her surname. People didn’t know how to search it up on the internet.

1 hour ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Excuse what? Because Asian Polynesians are so incredibly represented in the Entertainment Industry, right? :rip:

 

The GP is always so quick to deem Nicole a *****, a bully and mock her constantly for no reason whatsoever. It's weird and it's giving racism. How else would you explain it?


Shakira is half West Asian and she’s beloved by everyone except tax agencies and wild boars. :gaycat2:

Is misspelling people's names allowed in thread titles?

 

Also, her music wasn't released in the United States although unfortunately I don't think it would have done well here regardless. I love her music for the most part though.

1 hour ago, prézli said:

No one knows she's Asian. :rip: 

She doesn't look white either. 

 

I actually used to assume she was half-Indian when I was younger because of the Jai Ho song.

 

38 minutes ago, blueberries said:

lazy deluded very little talent

Not a fair criticism, Nicole is a fantastic singer and performer.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.