Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Honest Vocal Coach opens up about daughters passing

Featured Replies

Quote

“It was Ellie's birthday and we met for a meal.. went for a walk around the shops and it was a all-in-all pretty good afternoon that day. We also booked Alton Towers for Ellie's birthday so we were going to go on the Wednesday. Ellie seemed very tired that day & she did say that she'd had a seizure the night before & the night before that so unfortunately that was two seizures in a row now”.

Quote

“I said goodbye to her at about half past four which was a birthday wave goodbye, very tired but she was in a really good mood. She was gonna go home watch some of her favourite stuff on TV, chill out, have a bath and then just sort of do a few things. So I woke up the Tuesday, I went to the local garden centre. I was trying to phone Ellie and there was just… I could feel my stomach churning. I tried to phone her, there was no reply. When she's sleeping she would still answer her phone after a few rings and just say you know: “I’m all right, I’m asleep, I’m tired” or whatever.. but this time she just did not answer which for me was kind of unusual & my stomach started to churn & I instantly felt like that there was something wrong”.

Quote

“This kind of feeling took over me so Ellie's house was only about 10 mins drive from where I was.. so I decided I was going to go straight over there. I taught her not to leave her keys in the door, so that if someone needed to come in they could. So yeah, her keys were in the back of the door but not properly so I could still put my key in and go in so I went into the house. I looked round the house. “Oh, she's not in” yet the keys were in the door & yeah, I looked round the entire house & then unfortunately I found her in one room and she'd anyway.. I don't really want to talk about that bit”.

Quote

“It was the following day of her birthday. My life's been very strange ever since. I felt very spaced out. Yeah, things kind of escalated quite quickly from that point. Police arrived, ambulances arrived, all sorts that day was just a mad blur. We don't have a definite cause at this moment in time but there is an investigation going on. We think it's epilepsy related, but we we don't know.. some form of sudden death. it's just horrific, horrific. I can't tell you how bad it is. We had to move all the stuff from her house to a storage place & it came to a point where we had to go and work through all of the stuff & decide what we should keep. It was incredibly hard, but the way I looked at it was like: “it's just stuff” so that helped to just think”.

Quote

“I’ve kept some wonderful things. We’ve got some great photographs, paintings and all sorts and there's a painting actually.. there's a painting of her. She was a bit of an artist as well, as a singer & all of the other things she was talented enough… she was a bit of a painter. I never ever for a second thought that it could end like this. I just thought you know, medication.. It'll all be fine. We have to move forward, but I never heard of things like SUDEP which i'm learning about now. (which is sudden death in epilepsy) I never realised how common it is… death from epilepsy; it's a one in a thousand. One in a thousand.. who knew? but I do now”. 

(Quotes have been edited from video for easy compression)

Edited by rosesbloom

  • Replies 28
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Wait sorry, who's Ellie? At first I thought Ellie Goulding :rip:

read the title sis

1 minute ago, ANTisocial said:

read the title sis

It originally was titled "Honest Vocal Coach opens up about Ellie's passing". This is a perfect example of why you don't need to be snarky.

 

OT: Heartbreaking. RIP Ellie 

Edited by smoore95GAGA

That's incredibly sad, finding out your daughter passed the day after her birthday 

Hearing her story is so sad, and a reminder that everyday we have w/ our loved ones is a gift :weeps: 

 

My heart is with her, I can't imagine the stress and heartbreak she's going through. 

To lose your daughter 3 weeks ago and be this strong and coherent in describing your thoughts and feelings for such a tragedy, my heart breaks for her.

 

Her instagram is full of pictures of Ellie, you can tell they were close, RIP :( 

Didn’t know she had passed the day after her birthday, this is so sad, wish strength and peace to Georgina in these trying times.

God this is so sad, I really hope she's surrounded by loved ones right now :'(

You never know how much time you have left with your loved ones... Heartbreaking :(

3 hours ago, naval23 said:

To lose your daughter 3 weeks ago and be this strong and coherent in describing your thoughts and feelings for such a tragedy, my heart breaks for her.

 

Her instagram is full of pictures of Ellie, you can tell they were close, RIP :( 

 

On her vlog channel she has a lot of videos with Ellie :cries: she seemed like such a nice person, it's always angels who are too good that get taken early...

 

I lost my best high school friend last year, 3 days after her 24th birthday so I feel for her, she is very strong to be going through this and dealing with new life without Ellie...

 

My heart breaks for her :weeps:, Epilepsy can be so dangerous, my mum, twin sister and brother-in-law all have Epilepsy and I worry about them, I worry that SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy) could happen to any one of them :dancehall:, hoping that Georgina has loved ones around to help her cope :heart2:

22 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

My heart breaks for her :weeps:, Epilepsy can be so dangerous, my mum, twin sister and brother-in-law all have Epilepsy and I worry about them, I worry that SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy) could happen to any one of them :dancehall:, hoping that Georgina has loved ones around to help her cope :heart2:

? it's a very cruel situation. You can't stop SUDEP but those with epilepsy can take steps to decrease the likelihood - be sure to know the signs, take showers not bath's. Monitor medication and changes in seizure patterns and discuss with your epilepsy specialist nurse or neurologist (depending on where you are in the world)  no matter how insignificant it seems. Always carry a card with your neurologists details and your current up to date epilepsy medication written on it etc. 

OT - my heart simply breaks for Georgina 

Hope she has a lot of love surrounding her. Must be a terrible thing for a parent to experience. 

Heartbreaking. No parent should have to bury their child or see them passed. Really feel for her.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.