Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Overrated music video directors?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 34
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

That man from Canada or France (I can’t remember) that has directed Adele’s videos since Hello. 

2 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

That man from Canada or France (I can’t remember) that has directed Adele’s videos since Hello. 

Canadian director Xavier Dolan under fire for graphic bullying video | The  Star

QJgA9JA.png

9 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

That man from Canada or France (I can’t remember) that has directed Adele’s videos since Hello. 

Since Hello, that's like 2-3 videos :toofunny3:

I kind of wished Autumn de Wilde's work with Florence & the Machine was less dreary (aside from My Love, which was perfect). Her adaptation of Emma was so beautiful & vibrant that I had higher expectations.

 

He's a legend at this point, and I don't think his past work is overrated, but Hype Williams has put out some disappointing videos in recent years. Bed with Nicki & Ariana was just awful. Like, I couldn't believe someone of his caliber directed that. 

 

3 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Dave Meyers. Ugly.

He has classics like Lucky, which is gorgeous, but a lot of his output has a generic action/blockbuster look & feel to it, which I dislike. 

Hannah Lux Davis and Sophie Muller are very hit or miss for me

Edited by 50thStateofMind

3 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

Joseph Kahn. Disgusting person

+1

30 minutes ago, dopamina said:

Canadian director Xavier Dolan under fire for graphic bullying video | The  Star

QJgA9JA.png

Yes, him. 

 

24 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Since Hello, that's like 2-3 videos :toofunny3:

What’s your point? He still doesn’t deserve any of the accolades he received, including nominations. The video for “Easy On Me” will probably be nominated for Best Music Video at the GRAMMYs too. Why? No one knows. It’s just black and white visuals, a wind machine, and grain. 

11 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

Joseph Kahn. Disgusting person and disgusting videos x

Looking at a list of the videos I'd say no 

Dave Meyers has done some excellent work but so many of his videos now are just crazy tasteless overblown CGI sharts :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Mitsouko said:

Dave Meyers. Ugly.

He is the worst. Sweetest Pie's cuts gave me vertigo.

1 hour ago, Rican said:

Taylor Swift :gaycat2:

I’m not sure I’d say she’s overrated simply because most fans I’ve seen discussing her directorial efforts have been lukewarm to negative. But yeah, she should accept that she isn’t a natural director. I do believe the stories that the directors she has worked with have told about her being instrumental in creating the videos from start to end, but it’s no secret that her solo directed videos are some of her most uninteresting and ineffective.

1 hour ago, LustSpell said:

Joseph Kahn. Disgusting person and disgusting videos x

Wait did he do something 

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

That man from Canada or France (I can’t remember) that has directed Adele’s videos since Hello. 

xavier dolan is a mess

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.