Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

"illicit affairs" is a masterpiece, why?

Featured Replies

The Holy Spirit entered Ms. Swift the day she recorded this masterpiece.

 

Perfect song start to finish, not a single second out of place.

There's something about this song.. it touches you on another level

This is still so hauntingly beautiful. I'm not a Taylor is secretly gay truther but I do think she wrote this with a gay relationship in mind.

 

Like... "you showed me colors you know I can't see with anyone else" and "secret language". Does that really sound like a straight affair to you? :celestial5:

Edited by Beyonnaise

1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

This is still so hauntingly beautiful. I'm not a Taylor is secretly gay truther but I do think she wrote this with a gay relationship in mind.

 

Like... "you showed me colors you know I can't see with anyone else" and "secret language". Does that really sound like a straight affair to you? :celestial5:

Yep yep. This and Ivy are definitely about a secret lesbian relationship whether you believe in Gaylor or Hetlor.

I'm not crazy about verses or chorus but that bridge is flawless and so rewarding :wanda:

I don't know too, but it is. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but my favorite are the verses.

  • ATRL Moderator

It's good but the worst song on folklore solely because it sounds like an Ed Sheeran song

Because the bridge is one of her best bridges ever

 

And you wanna scream

Don't call me "kid"

Don't call me "baby"

Look at this godforsaken mess that you made me

You showed me colors

You know I can't see with anyone else

Don't call me "kid"

Don't call me "baby"

Look at this idiotic fool that you made me

You taught me a secret language

I can't speak with anyone else

 

:jonny2:

  • Author
5 hours ago, Taeyong said:

It's good but the worst song on folklore solely because it sounds like an Ed Sheeran song

The lies :rip: 

9 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

The Holy Spirit entered Ms. Swift the day she recorded this masterpiece.

 

Perfect song start to finish, not a single second out of place.

Very dull song. I could never make it through folklore (that american dynasty song is so bad it made me turn the album off every time), but someone I know insisted I give illicit affairs a listen and I was taken aback by how listless and featureless it was.
 

Needless to say I don’t speak to the person who made that recommendation anymore.

  • Author
11 hours ago, Sazare said:

Very dull song. I could never make it through folklore (that american dynasty song is so bad it made me turn the album off every time), but someone I know insisted I give illicit affairs a listen and I was taken aback by how listless and featureless it was.
 

Needless to say I don’t speak to the person who made that recommendation anymore.

An OTH spending their entire time on ATRL hating on her.... not liking the song :eek: 

On 7/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, Beyonnaise said:

This is still so hauntingly beautiful. I'm not a Taylor is secretly gay truther but I do think she wrote this with a gay relationship in mind.

 

Like... "you showed me colors you know I can't see with anyone else" and "secret language". Does that really sound like a straight affair to you? :celestial5:

Illicit Affairs, I Know Places, Ivy, DWOHT, RWYLM, Treacherous... A lot of her music hits harder when viewed from a queer lense because she's gay

 

1428325815-irypkvtfmjkrk.gif

No, it's not. cute song but they're like 10 better songs than it in Folklore.

  • 2 years later...

her 2nd best song after august and their combo on the eras tour... i'm shaking

 

1428325815-irypkvtfmjkrk.gif

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.