Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Is Lorde working with Dev Hynes (Blood Orange)?

Featured Replies

The Solar Power songstress has been spotted by multiple people while hanging with Dev Hynes in NYC throughout 2021~2022. Are they cooking something? 

Spoiler

I don’t think Lorde is making music at the moment tbh lol But it’s exciting that she’s meeting with other producers 

 

Amazing. There have been murmurs of her writing a new album recently. I think she must know she needs to try something new with a new creative mind, without Jack. Her Everything Is Embarrassing is coming.

Edited by Beyonnaise

I really, really hope so. Dev would be great, as would Rotsam and Jennifer Decilveo.

This is good news if true, and yeah Rostrum would be another good choice. She knows Clairo (or at least she sang backing vocals on Clairo's last album, so I'm assuming she knows her) who has worked with Rostam on her previous album. Lorde takes some time to create an album, so she might be better off working with someone like Dev or Rostam who can focus on producing a smaller maximum number of albums each year.

She mentioned late last year, I think, that she's still writing stuff with Jack, but I hope she changes her mind and works with Dev. I'm not a Jack hater like a lot of people, but I think Lorde has a lot of untapped potential that isn't really reached when working with Antonoff (aside from Melodrama, of course).

31 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

Lorde has a lot of untapped potential that isn't really reached when working with Antonoff (aside from Melodrama, of course).

For most of the time she was working with Jack on Melodrama, that was the only non-Bleachers full album project that he was working on - in fact it was the first full non-Bleachers/Fun album project that Jack worked on - obviously he started working with St. Vincent and also Taylor on Reputa towards the end of that period. Perhaps he has done his best and she needs to look elsewhere.

  • Author
17 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

She mentioned late last year, I think, that she's still writing stuff with Jack, but I hope she changes her mind and works with Dev. I'm not a Jack hater like a lot of people, but I think Lorde has a lot of untapped potential that isn't really reached when working with Antonoff (aside from Melodrama, of course).

I don’t think she meant new music when she wrote that. If I remember correctly, she was talking to her past self and saying that in 2021 she’s still writing with Jack. But tbh I feel like their relationship is kinda weird at the moment — back when Melodrama was released, they were all over each other and Jack would mention her every chance he could. Now, it’s just… crickets. Recently  Jack did that soundtrack thing and she’s…not there… when that’s totally something she would get involved with imo (especially with the sunny vibes and those artists involved). But idk, I could be wrong. 

 

Jack was not the right dude to produce Solar Power, at all. He wasn’t able to properly capture Lorde’s vision and he CLEARLY didn’t take the right time working with her to create the album’s sound and to challenge her as an artist — which is the job of a producer. I like SP, there are some hidden gems and Oceanic Feeling is a discography highlight for sure,  but I’m afraid that things will go horrible for her if Jack is involved on L4. 

She actually said herself that she's already recording new material and she's listening to it over and over, you can add it to the thread: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CazNtGJFUSq/

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.