• nathanspears

• Outlaws

• justjess

• mrmarrero

Ooooff, great! The final chorus :jonny5:

8 hours ago, nathanspears said:

Sis, seriously, you need to stop duping threads

But yes, it's incredible :jonny:

Pfff :deadbanana: I did it again, but out of malice lmao. I thought the old dead died with the previous ATRL wipe, but I forgot I already duped it jdhjgk

Anyway, this is INCREDIBLE.

When you're lost I'll be the stranger and the taxi driver
The flashing lights, the night time fighter
The siren call, the last real rider

When you're lost I'll be the stranger and the taxi driver
The flashing lights, the night time fighter
The siren call, the last real rider

bwvRHPR.gif

omg yes this is classic loreen

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/universalmusic/pressreleases/loreen-aer-tillbaka-med-nya-singeln-neon-lights-3181519

This year it is 10 years since Loreen took the whole of Europe by storm when she won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Euphoria". Today, the day before the big Eurovision final, Loreen releases her new single "Neon Lights". She wrote the song together with Maria Smith from Smith & Thell and rapper Petter "Professor P" Tarland. The song is produced by Peter Kvint.

LISTEN TO "NEON LIGHTS"

- I like the feeling of creating characters in my songs that both reflect parts of me that exist and parts that I wish were there. In my upcoming music, I focus on a kind of alpha female, a contemporary Jeanne D'Arc, who will try to save the world. I examine different parts of her in different songs and the lyrics to Neon Lights are about how she watches over and takes care of a person who needs it.

Neon Lights is the first taste of Loreen's new musical direction. It is a bombastic electro-pop plate with sweeping synth loops.

- I'm sickly nerdy when it comes to synths, especially analog synths. So much so that nowadays I build all my live shows just on them. I felt like I wanted to bring that sound into the studio and just play like I was in a Terminator movie. That's how Neon Lights came to be. It is a first introduction to the new soundscape that I am creating.

The new music, which will be released continuously during the year, has a harder electronic sound, inspired by how Loreen has built up her live shows in recent years.

- When I play live, I have a dirtier, experimental sound. There is something beautiful about playing with contrasts. To sing aggressively over calm chords or sing fragile over a hard beat. To experiment with the energies of a song.

Ever since her breakthrough, Loreen has captivated the audience with her fantastic voice, touching lyrics and her unique artistic expression. Never before has she played so much with the contrasts that have permeated her entire artistry. Where male meets female, where Moroccan Berber influences meet modern electronic production.

- I have an approach to music that is a little different from many others. I am a nomad with origins in the Atlas Mountains, and there they use music and sound for a healing purpose. I see that as my purpose as well. What can I contribute to touch and create discussion?

She managed to touch when she got her massive breakthrough with "Euphoria", which won the Eurovision Song Contest 2012, and which topped the charts worldwide. The immediate chorus, Loreen's expressive voice and the different stage setting captured the heart of all of Europe.

- I knew that it had the opportunity to change the energy in that forum and open up for other kinds of musical expression there in the future. It was amazing that it was received with so much love. It fulfilled its purpose here and there, but I always look ahead.

Now that she is entering a new musical chapter, she does so with a clear mission: to continue to build bridges between different cultures, beliefs and traditions. Loreen wants to continue using music to challenge audiences with messages of inclusion and representation.

- My absolute favorite artists are those who dare to challenge, dare to question, who break free to feel free. This is where I want to be, this is where development is for me. I do not want to do what is expected.

"Neon Lights" will be released today, May 13th.

Has she been reading my posts about wanting her live sound in her normal music?! This is what I've been saying for years :jonny5:

New music for the rest of the year with a similar electronic sound!!!

Edited by nathanspears

I hope this leads to a full project. She should have never left this genre, she shines the most there.

This is so good omgggg

give us an album full of jupiter drives queen

I remember I loved Euphoria but wasn't a fan of what I heard from her after that. 

However, this is amazing. :jonnycat:

I love the sound she's going for, and no doubt in my mind she'll pull it off with the rest of her new music

This song is missing a hook though. Not bad at all but I'm not punched out.

I really like it and I'm glad she's back to this sound, she excels at it.

15 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

I love the sound she's going for, and no doubt in my mind she'll pull it off with the rest of her new music

This song is missing a hook though. Not bad at all but I'm not punched out.

I'm not sure if it's technically a hook but for me it's the bridge "When you're lost I'll be there" :jonny:

I kinda like how the song takes you on a ~journey~ to the climax of the final chorus

In other news, a Dolby Atmos mix is coming!

Edited by nathanspears

This is really good. It sounds like a slightly poppier version of Paperlight Revisited which was a remix itself.

The climax is amazing, as is the cover! :clap3:

8 minutes ago, 東京. said:

some promo images

:WAP:

Stunning :jonny4:

she did it again! all the energy at the last chorus to leave you wanting MOREEE

She's back! :jonny:

12 hours ago, nathanspears said:

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/universalmusic/pressreleases/loreen-aer-tillbaka-med-nya-singeln-neon-lights-3181519

Reveal hidden contents

This year it is 10 years since Loreen took the whole of Europe by storm when she won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Euphoria". Today, the day before the big Eurovision final, Loreen releases her new single "Neon Lights". She wrote the song together with Maria Smith from Smith & Thell and rapper Petter "Professor P" Tarland. The song is produced by Peter Kvint.

LISTEN TO "NEON LIGHTS"

- I like the feeling of creating characters in my songs that both reflect parts of me that exist and parts that I wish were there. In my upcoming music, I focus on a kind of alpha female, a contemporary Jeanne D'Arc, who will try to save the world. I examine different parts of her in different songs and the lyrics to Neon Lights are about how she watches over and takes care of a person who needs it.

Neon Lights is the first taste of Loreen's new musical direction. It is a bombastic electro-pop plate with sweeping synth loops.

- I'm sickly nerdy when it comes to synths, especially analog synths. So much so that nowadays I build all my live shows just on them. I felt like I wanted to bring that sound into the studio and just play like I was in a Terminator movie. That's how Neon Lights came to be. It is a first introduction to the new soundscape that I am creating.

The new music, which will be released continuously during the year, has a harder electronic sound, inspired by how Loreen has built up her live shows in recent years.

- When I play live, I have a dirtier, experimental sound. There is something beautiful about playing with contrasts. To sing aggressively over calm chords or sing fragile over a hard beat. To experiment with the energies of a song.

Ever since her breakthrough, Loreen has captivated the audience with her fantastic voice, touching lyrics and her unique artistic expression. Never before has she played so much with the contrasts that have permeated her entire artistry. Where male meets female, where Moroccan Berber influences meet modern electronic production.

- I have an approach to music that is a little different from many others. I am a nomad with origins in the Atlas Mountains, and there they use music and sound for a healing purpose. I see that as my purpose as well. What can I contribute to touch and create discussion?

She managed to touch when she got her massive breakthrough with "Euphoria", which won the Eurovision Song Contest 2012, and which topped the charts worldwide. The immediate chorus, Loreen's expressive voice and the different stage setting captured the heart of all of Europe.

- I knew that it had the opportunity to change the energy in that forum and open up for other kinds of musical expression there in the future. It was amazing that it was received with so much love. It fulfilled its purpose here and there, but I always look ahead.

Now that she is entering a new musical chapter, she does so with a clear mission: to continue to build bridges between different cultures, beliefs and traditions. Loreen wants to continue using music to challenge audiences with messages of inclusion and representation.

- My absolute favorite artists are those who dare to challenge, dare to question, who break free to feel free. This is where I want to be, this is where development is for me. I do not want to do what is expected.

"Neon Lights" will be released today, May 13th.

Has she been reading my posts about wanting her live sound in her normal music?! This is what I've been saying for years :jonny5:

New music for the rest of the year with a similar electronic sound!!!

I really hope that it's not another empty promise that new music is coming.  

21 minutes ago, living_dead said:

She's back! :jonny:

I really hope that it's not another empty promise that new music is coming.  

I really hope so as well but let’s stay positive

I feel a shift with this song, there seems to be a lot of positive support and timing the release with Eurovision was perfect.

This is also evidently the type of music she loves to perform, she’s always going back to this sound.

She just needs to keep the momentum going, that’s her problem. Too many things get scrapped and then we have these long gaps of nothing

Edited by nathanspears

Well it hasn't made it into the Top 50 chart on Sweden's Spotify. Hopefully it's a slower burner.

Keep streaming everyone!!

21 hours ago, mrmarrero said:

she did it again! all the energy at the last chorus to leave you wanting MOREEE

Thissss! It also makes me so conflicted: should she have done that explosive chorus every time cause it's so good or would that have ruined it and is it exactly perfect with the build-up it has? :jonny5:

Still can't believe it's out :jonny5:  It feels like the album is really coming this time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.