RuPaul's Drag Race | Stream Episodes 1 & 2 of All Stars 9 Now

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, FLAallday said:

It’s also not RuPaul’s design challenge race or RuPaul’s host a seminar race either so what’s your point?  Plenty of less dimensional queens have successfully made it to the finale and/or won the show. It’s ok for you to not be a fan of her but to act as if she didn’t have a major talent to showcase and compete with on this show is wild. 

Also don’t majority of drag queen bookings come from nightclub performances?  That measure alone makes mhi’ya the strongest competitor when it comes to what day to day work looks like for drag queens. 

like im sorry but mhi’ya’s drag talent is exactly what sells tickets at drag events…not your ability to impersonate a dead lesbian pilot or design and construct a goth look in a day and a half.  

All of this, we have queens that won on the strength of their fashion alone, and queens that excelled in comedy but didn't do well at all in anything else. Not sure why nobody labels these queens as only having one talent 

Tbh it's been 16 seasons now and I'd argue that the show is due a rework. Queens that lipsync, perform and slay stages (literally the meat and potatoes of being a drag queen) should be able to showcase their abilities without having to land in the bottom week after week

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

6 minutes ago, KFC said:

All of this, we have queens that won on the strength of their fashion alone, and queens that excelled in comedy but didn't do well at all in anything else. Not sure why nobody labels these queens as only having one talent 

Tbh it's been 16 seasons now and I'd argue that the show is due a rework. Queens that lipsync, perform and slay stages (literally the meat and potatoes of being a drag queen) should be able to showcase their abilities without having to land in the bottom week after week

Exactly. 

I mean I appreciate that drag race isn’t designed to “find the best drag queen in America” and is quite literally formatted for reality television entertainment, but I do think the format sends the wrong message. 

having said that…I wish the “lip sync assassin” selections on all stars were gatekept bc it would elevate the standard for high quality lip sync/performance for sure. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Terrielle said:

Nymphia was the only funny one in the challenge tbh. These challenges are always a struggle for me.. I cringe so damn hard everytime :chick3:

She was hilarious though, she delivered the lines written for her and I thought she was high or could win.

• Like 2

Just rrwatched it..

Why do they have to payola Sapphira this one when she's doing great even without this.. d*mn production, she's not Tia Kofi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, KFC said:

queens that excelled in comedy but didn't do well at all in anything else

LASH Jinkx :clap3: :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

I'm so sure nobody would have noticed or gave a **** about Sapphira stuttering during one line in her presentation if they didn't purposefully edit it that way. :deadbanana2:

Anyway, congrats to Mother, she's easily winning this. :jonny5:

Yup. The episode is editted so weirdly.

Instead of focusing on it being a Sapphira's win, the focus is more about "Q's being edged" yet again. Even in Saph's winning moment, they still focus on Q's face crack.

It's like they think Saph lacks the star power so much that they rather focus on the drama instead. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This was Qs episode

Saphira was Mid 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

This is SUCH a funny still image I can't :ahh:

Post image

Lmao Queen of Flips you will always be iconic! :clap3: 

Rupauls Drag Race Rpdr 2 GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also, I have made peace with the fact that Nymphia won't win this season. I want to see more of her, so All Stars here we go!

Another season of her just means another excellent runway package lol

5 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Yup. The episode is editted so weirdly.

Instead of focusing on it being a Sapphira's win, the focus is more about "Q's being edged" yet again. Even in Saph's winning moment, they still focus on Q's face crack.

It's like they think Saph lacks the star power so much that they rather focus on the drama instead. 

It's not just the edit

Mama Sapphira said it herself "i think we did good" but unsure and without confidence when saying it

s:wan:

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

What the ****

Legend :gayalipacat3: :gaycattel:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Nymphia’s accent didn’t make me uncomfortable at all or feel try hard whatsoever personally. I mean, she quite literally has an accent, she just emphasized it a bit for the challenge. 

The whole “who has long nail? ohhh pick this up for me, ohhh wipe my ass!!” sent me :ahh: It felt natural, like a line from a real comedy standup.

Is this a safe space? This obviously did NOT age particularly well, but I always cackled at this standup set growing up, and Nymphia kind of reminded me of this. The obvious difference being Nymphia is… actually Asian.

yeah Gia Gunn tried to do the Anjelah Johnson routine in AS4 and look how that went. :toofunny3: It's an iconic piece of stand up (and quite racist) but it's not a slam dunk that you can just pull out and be funny. The difference was Nymphia actually nailed the timing and had well written jokes. 

• Like 1

Part of me really would love if they do some themed All Stars season in the future (all seamstresses, all comedy queens, all LSAs, an all BFAs season would be insufferable though so no thanks) but I don't know how they could come up with enough interesting challenges to make it worth watching for 12 episodes. I guess an all seamstresses season could just copy Project Runway, but idk. And also would any winners of those seasons be able to compete on all winners with other queens who can excel at most or all of those areas?

I still hope they do All Villains at some point, that would be pretty easy to make work and would be quite entertaining. 

• Like 1

It's either Plane, Sapphira or Nymphia's game. Q, Dawn and Morphine are not winning this. 

• Like 1

What an episode :ahh:

I'm surprised nobody brought up Morphine completely interrupting Nymphia.

Edited by Puttanesca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, LIDDOATIN said:

It's not just the edit

Mama Sapphira said it herself "i think we did good" but unsure and without confidence when saying it

s:wan:

Yeah, and they still give the win to her in order to produce a conflict between her and the other group. It's blatant at this point.

Nymphia destroyed her chances of winning by relying on banana/yellow sterotypes and asian accent Jokes

Saphira may win and be boring a la Shea Coule and struggle to find his space outside the show

Q is clearly a future All star contestant and the production wont reward her since her talent is not bookable

Plane is the one who has the most potential to be a daytime talkshow villan/guest and have a career being bitchy

• Like 1

One thing I def don’t understand about the cash app and drag race partnership is why they don’t notate the girls’ cash app @ during confessionals and stuff to promote tipping them

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

What an episode :ahh:

I'm surprised nobody brought up Morphine completely interrupting Nymphia.

yeah, idk if that was part of the script or Nymphia pulled an spontaneous audience interaction that she forgot to give the floor to Morphine..

that said, Morphine's runway was the absolute worst.. the fact that Mhiya pulled a better look :rip:

she slayed the lipsync tho :clap3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleStarmen said:

Nymphia destroyed her chances of winning by relying on banana/yellow sterotypes and asian accent Jokes

Saphira may win and be boring a la Shea Coule and struggle to find his space outside the show

Q is clearly a future All star contestant and the production wont reward her since her talent is not bookable

Plane is the one who has the most potential to be a daytime talkshow villan/guest and have a career being bitchy

Yeah I think it’s pretty safe to say that Plane is going to be the most visible queen post season given she’s managed to really delivery a great reality tv character and is consistent with it in her post season work already. 

She’s managed to become the most interesting character of everyone this season so win or lose, she’s already kinda won. 

having said that I’m team sapphira for the crown now that the queens of flips has exited the competition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I keep seeing people saying Q was robbed. If anything, within her group, Plane did the heavy-lifting.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 6:06 PM, Rotunda said:

Banner.png?ex=65f79d5c&is=65e5285c&hm=a8006b98cf2b1e0250ea1adae1183546868bf86b3bd1b63bec1b4100966749f5&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=475&height=267

FASHION PHOTO RUVIEW (RAINBOW): 

https://forms.gle/c2Peb7Mu7fpMNkcu9

RATE A QUEEN (Political Anthems):

https://forms.gle/uq29a445k4XFyTQT9

DEADLINE: SUNDAY AT NOON EST 

As a reminder, you are allowed up to 1 Top Toot and 1 Bottom Boot at FPR. 

Reminder

2 hours ago, KasioKas said:

This is SUCH a funny still image I can't :ahh:

Post image

Mhi'ya now having two funny as **** moments related to covering a face with fabric :bibliahh:

4Z7SS3p.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.