RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

This is ugly makeup, no offense. Where are the good makeup drag kings?

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

The drag king discourse still going, my god :zzz: 

There is a reason why drag queens are more popular than drag kings, and it can be boiled down to the male and female pop stars comparison. Male pop stars can never be as interesting as female pop stars, especially to gays - which is the main target audience of RPDR. It makes sense that people gravitate towards queens so much more than to kings, because femininity is fun, we love to celebrate it. We're bored of masculinity and there is literally quite nothing entertaining about it.

How many famous drag queens are there? Plenty. How many famous drag kings do you know? Landon Cider. It's always that one name popping up in these discussions. I feel like people are being purposely obtuse, just to be inclusive of everybody. Using his Dragula experience as an example goes to show how turned off their brains are when discussing this. 

All that being said, I've still yet to see an entertaining and non-cringey drag king.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KFC said:

@Hephaestus thoughts?

skjdjdfh not the tag :ahh:

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

nnn MTE, they would NOT be having the Nymphia/Plane stanning in here and we'd be subjected to being called proud boys and Jan 6th insurrectionists for enjoying bananas and “sisterrrrrr"

I do miss the good sis TOO sometimes but maybe that's just the Stockholm Syndrome in me talking 

:suburban:

I just know they've would be on our asses for stanning Plane and/or Nymphia while riding hard for mother Sapphira. Yeah the chaos was somewhat entertaining so I get it. It's everything that came with it that... Wasn't worth the price of the ride.

I sometimes wonder who/what forum they're terrorizing now that they're not on ATRL anymore :suburban:

• Haha 1

rihannafan
7 hours ago, Bimbo said:

But she ate :juanny: lmfaoo

She did. The halloween thing is a solidarity thing, someLebanese drag queens did the same thing. At least she's doing something unlike some other queens

• Like 1

Personally I don't want to see drag kings or bearded queens on drag race. No ma'am

2 hours ago, xrosup said:

Personally I don't want to see bearded queens on drag race. No ma'am

well...

rupauls-drag-race-bearded-runway-season-

• Haha 2

We've already had a few bearded queens on the international series and most of them are really talented. You guys are doing way too much on them.

Same with drag kings. I do agree they'd be better off with their own franchise where they won't be judged with the prejudice the judges (and some of you, it seems) may have.

Edited by Ponzi
  • Like 2

What is with the prejudice on drag kings? :biblio:

They shouldn't get on drag race right now because the current format is only for QUEENS to succeed, if they change it to accommodate every type of drag then of course they should compete.

Also plenty of bearded queens have either won or become finalists in the international franchises, like why wouldn't you want to see QUEENS killing it in the competition just because of facial hair wtf :biblio:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

I'm open for drag kings but maybe in separate season or "Drag King Race" spin-off

• Like 1

They really do look like Plane from the neck up

Of all spaces to segregate by gender who can and can't compete, drag competitions isn't one of them. Drag kings should be able to compete. 

It would be fun to see the Drag Kings fit into categories like Night of 1000 Chers and such, our pop girls have plenty of more masculine looks they could tap into. Just like female impersonators, they should be given the chop if they can't compete well, period, but allowed to excel if they are super creative/talented. I feel the entire point of the show is to get out of your comfort zone and be exposed to different kinds of art. 

We already went through this years ago with not allowing trans people to compete, and Ru allowing trans people to compete is one of the best things to ever happen to the show with how much INCREDIBLE talent has come from the beautiful trans icons and trailblazers on our televisions since the ban was lifted.

I also do think having more women on the show would give female LGBT members much more of a platform to express their experiences. Gay man have had way more of a voice in popular culture than gay woman and they deserve to be heard too.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

29 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Of all spaces to segregate by gender who can and can't compete, drag competitions isn't one of them. Drag kings should be able to compete. 

It would be fun to see the Drag Kings fit into categories like Night of 1000 Chers and such, our pop girls have plenty of more masculine looks they could tap into. Just like female impersonators, they should be given the chop if they can't compete well, period, but allowed to excel if they are super creative/talented. I feel the entire point of the show is to get out of your comfort zone and be exposed to different kinds of art. 

We already went through this years ago with not allowing trans people to compete, and Ru allowing trans people to compete is one of the best things to ever happen to the show with how much INCREDIBLE talent has come from the beautiful trans icons and trailblazers on our televisions since the ban was lifted.

I also do think having more women on the show would give female LGBT members much more of a platform to express their experiences. Gay man have had way more of a voice in popular culture than gay woman and they deserve to be heard too.

Gottmik and Kerri Colby really raised the bar on drag excellence 

• Haha 3

I don't think they'd fit 

1 hour ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

All genders can compete, that's not the issue. We've had gay men, trans men, trans women, cis women, straight men... but they were drag queens. That's why they got on. Drag kings are not it, regardless of the gender :sorry: 

• Like 1

NO Drag Kings on Drag Race! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

can we go back to discussing season 16.

got these stats from reddit. any surprises? 

3spu7vs16dpc1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

ffdtnvs16dpc1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by Raphy23
  • Like 1

Banner.png?ex=660a125c&is=65f79d5c&hm=8105ed3269f3b68dfd71ed0af20edcee71fef9015c98618619557adfc204f52b&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=747&height=420

FASHION PHOTO RUVIEW/RATE A QUEEN 

80s Runway / DragCon Business Skits

DEADLINE: SATURDAY @ 12PM EASTERN

RATE A QUEEN: https://forms.gle/k9Mg9Qvq3aBczdGo8

FASHION PHOTO RUVIEW: https://forms.gle/iqptXM7Y5XsQMkuT9

Reminder: You are allotted up to 1 Top Toot and 1 Bottom Boot for Fashion Photo Ruview. If you fail to abide by this rule, all Top Toots on your ballot will turn into standard toots, and all Bottom Boots on your ballot will be turned into standard boots to preserve fairness. If you submit to these forms more than once, your latest submission is the one that will count. 

• Like 5

redemption for mirage omg??? I just know that lip sync versus mhi'ya gonna be INSANE

49 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Sapphira deserves FAR more followers tf ...

Mirage in the top 3 despite only being shown in a few episodes oh impact! Nymphia being #1 isnt shocking at all

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LastKiss said:

What is with the prejudice on drag kings? :biblio:

They shouldn't get on drag race right now because the current format is only for QUEENS to succeed, if they change it to accommodate every type of drag then of course they should compete.

Also plenty of bearded queens have either won or become finalists in the international franchises, like why wouldn't you want to see QUEENS killing it in the competition just because of facial hair wtf :biblio:

why does this have 4 thumbs down:rip: these cis queer-men really can't stand the idea of having to share their spaces with cis queer-women :rip:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

Amanda was essentially a drag king 

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga
  • Haha 8

i really almost gave nearly everyone a bottom boot this week until i read the rules at the top only allowing one :chick3:

• Haha 2

Drag kings should be on rpdr :confused: yall don't want a night of a 1000 Ed Sheerans ? :confused:

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

I didn't expect Mirage to be that high 

But the rest is expected tbh 

Dawn is the narrator of the season, so being 2nd isn't really surprising 

And Nymphia queen :worship2:

lemme do another wild take ig

saying "women" are taking "gay men" their platform... first of all, it's not a platform platform for gay men but for "drag queens". second of all, drag doesn't have to be gay? or for men? third of all, the women are clearly queer themselves usually like bffr. drag wasn't even a gay men thing to begin with. it was a queer women thing. 

also trying to tear down gender norms and celebrating every drag artist that does so but then whistleblowing terms like masculine and feminine, idk. i'm not gonna devalue naysha's drag but the way she's judging others' drag through the lense of her own isn't a solid take imo

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.