K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

37 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

not Born Pink, Shut Down and Pink Venom being acclaimed and ending up on the best albums and songs of 2022 lists left and right

not to mention on a sold out World Tour (a real world tour not just chicago, japan and asia), having the biggest female kpop album, biggest kpop songs of the year on streaming (spotify + youtube etc)

the sales, streams, tour gross and acclaim are all matching?? literally none of yall faves can relate 

the loser pretentious haters in this thread always lose :skull:

woah woah woah

5P5E0E.gif

THE WAY THE OBPH LOST :fan: and that ICONIC Time Magazine cover is the cherry on top of an amazing year for BP:clap3:

they look so good :jonny6: I'm glad their back to doing these type of shows in Korea

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Xalric said:

TripleS not disbanding, just their first subunit. Anyway none of their unit are fixes, unless they sell 100k albums.

The whole concept of TripleS is 24members that will release music as a full group, unit and solo voted by the fans through their cosmos app. 

Well then I miss Acid Asia newjeAngels. Bc I doubt they’ll keep that concept for the other units

Kpop's downsizing continues.

Yue batter shape up.  She can only hide her behind by being "American" for just so long.

:cm:

4 hours ago, Eternium said:

Does anyone remember in July when JYP stans were dragging Aespa because Sneakers was smashing?

On the newest chart:

#48 Illusion

#54 Sneakers

#85 Girls

#105 Cheshire

I’m a MIDZY, but I chuckled :fan: 

Cheshire not even in top 100? :deadbanana2:

y’all need to stop thinking that RV is disbanding anytime soon. Their whole discography is selling better than ever, they keep growing their fan base with every comeback and they are very distinguishable from the rest of the groups with their unique concepts which will help their continuing longevity at least with album sales. Plus SM is establishing their solos right now and group activities will help. They are here to stay, haters just gotta live with it. Plus Birthday is their best mini since Festival 19. I don’t know how y’all are saying there is quality decline. Their titles have always been getting a pretty polarizing reception. This is like standard RV and part of the concept.  :redface:

mimiirose, limelight, nature and billlie probably on the disband lineup. None of them belong to big agency and they're basically the only group their agency had:giraffe:

Itzy debuting at #105 shdjfjfj this has got to be the biggest bomb by a big 3 girl group

13 minutes ago, paperfectdelusion said:

mimiirose, limelight, nature and billlie probably on the disband lineup. None of them belong to big agency and they're basically the only group their agency had:giraffe:

BILLLIE is the most safe, they're under sublabel of SM. 

Nature company probably still have some cash when MNET bought the rights of TOO well TO1 now.

As long as Im Chang Jung don't sell too much of his catalogue morose will be fine.

Edited by Xalric

All the comments talking about Haerin :gaycat5:

Her stage presence is way better now wow that was a huge improvement so freaking fast  :clap3:

Also the video trending :clap3:

NewJennies are here to stay I'm sure they will be huge worldwide they literally have everything :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

BILLLIE is the most safe, they're under sublabel of SM. 

Nature company probably still have some cash when MNET bought the rights of TOO well TO1 now.

As long as Im Chang Jung don't sell too much of his catalogue morose will be fine.

I thought Chang Jung already sold majority of his hits:rip: but anyway he owns a lot of restaurants in both SK and China so mimiirose might be safe for now!

Surprise installment of Simply K-pop's Con-Tour livestream, and they're notgoing to the USA!

• simply k-pop con-tour (usa): woo!ah!, Lapillus, CSR, Ichillin', Lim Kim, Tri.be, Artbeat, Drippin, Epex, Tempest, NTX, TrendZ, Niel, Jeong Dongwon, The Bigdipper

Drippin and The Bigdipper on the same show.  And is Lim Kim filling the quota for a featured artist from the USA today? :fan:

33 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Surprise installment of Simply K-pop's Con-Tour livestream, and they're notgoing to the USA!

• simply k-pop con-tour (usa): woo!ah!, Lapillus, CSR, Ichillin', Lim Kim, Tri.be, Artbeat, Drippin, Epex, Tempest, NTX, TrendZ, Niel, Jeong Dongwon, The Bigdipper

Drippin and The Bigdipper on the same show.  And is Lim Kim filling the quota for a featured artist from the USA today? :fan:

What in the NCT is a “NTX”  :redface:

The company really gave them a name that is close to NCT, so whenever Kpop fans are searching NCT and write a typo error they discover this nugu group instead. Smart move actually :cm:

And not them trying to rip off Stray Kids with their $5 budget :rip:

Edited by Pluto2022

Can anyone explain why RV only has 362k on Gaon for the last week while their Hanteo sales is 650k+? :rip: 

14 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

He knows his audience :gaycat1:

Not vibration mode shrhakzekageh 

Hanbin knows what’s good :msmarvel:

37 minutes ago, Sept said:

Can anyone explain why RV only has 362k on Gaon for the last week while their Hanteo sales is 650k+? :rip: 

This happened with FMR too, which meant CRAVITY somehow snatched the #1 in March (though Starship's dodgy numbers there is a different story). 

It's most probably because SM has been slow with shipments and not everything has been reported to/verified by Circle/Gaon yet.

Hanteo tracks actual sales, but Circle/Gaon is shipments. So at least 650k copies of Birthday have been sold by Hanteo affiliated stores, but not all the shipments have been registered yet by Circle/Gaon. 

SM truly screwed up the shipments for Birthday. They should have been 500-600k on Hanteo 1st week too if all versions had been available on day 1. All the numbers will probably be a mess until next month when everything should equal out. 

You need to get a life 'cause life's too short
You must be bored out your mind
You should really take that nonsense somewhere else
'Cause you've got to realize
 (You've got to realize)

FjMJC5FVUAE3PlD?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Cotton said:

Itzy debuting at #105 shdjfjfj this has got to be the biggest bomb by a big 3 girl group

And their fans were dragging TTT because they finally got a hit after like 5 bombs. :bibliahh:

21 minutes ago, Zack said:

This happened with FMR too, which meant CRAVITY somehow snatched the #1 in March (though Starship's dodgy numbers there is a different story). 

It's most probably because SM has been slow with shipments and not everything has been reported to/verified by Circle/Gaon yet.

Hanteo tracks actual sales, but Circle/Gaon is shipments. So at least 650k copies of Birthday have been sold by Hanteo affiliated stores, but not all the shipments have been registered yet by Circle/Gaon. 

SM truly screwed up the shipments for Birthday. They should have been 500-600k on Hanteo 1st week too if all versions had been available on day 1. All the numbers will probably be a mess until next month when everything should equal out. 

back in the day when hanteo > gaon people call this sajaegi.

i don't believe this is the case for RV but it is very weird

55 minutes ago, BowWow said:

ate down!:jonnycat: Sanayeoncé indeed

A lot of people say she started stealing the spotlight around Fancy with the concept change but she had been the main attraction on stage for a while by then.

Those hair flips during Signal showed the MPG material in her.

Sadly I think she's fallen off a bit in recent years, I don't see the same passion in her performances anymore, I think it started around Alcohool Free. She's still great and probably top3 but Jihyo and Momo kinda steal the show nowadays from her. 

8 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Yeah they casually just skipped over a million and went to 3M instead :clap3: 

Btw, I don't see them releasing a new album any time soon, maybe until summer, cause they probably wanna starve their fans now, and make sure that their next album outsells Maxident as well

They will be on tour until April... I don't see SKZ coming back anytime soon too. Also, I hope the next album outsells Maxident indeed, cause they have high chances to win AOTY Daesangs :coffee2:

6 minutes ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

back in the day when hanteo > gaon people call this sajaegi.

i don't believe this is the case for RV but it is very weird

More like the reverse cause Hanteo = actual sales reported, Gaon = shipments from the company

Apparently same thing happened with LSRF and GIDLE so probably Gaon is just slow to report 

7 minutes ago, Sept said:

More like the reverse cause Hanteo = actual sales reported, Gaon = shipments from the company

Apparently same thing happened with LSRF and GIDLE so probably Gaon is just slow to report 

It always been the case with CUBE. People has been accusing them of sajaegi for years because of that. Because Gaon always updated late for them.