Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

my whole TikTok for you section is Poppy stanning :clap3:

BEP should give them a hit for their next Korean comeback, I just KNOW that they have one dusting somewhere on their shelves

Edited by Flomik

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 hour ago, sunmimi imfurst said:
 
 
At last she has amazing hair. She is eating :jonny6:

 

 

Queens of Japan :clap3:

 


And I agrih :clap3:

Chaeyoung with that hair is too much, she needs to keep it for a comeback :jonnycat:
That cover is great, their japanese covers are usually pretty.... eh but this is a serve :clap3:

Poppy is a bop :jonny6: can’t stop singing it.

 

Anti Fragile is Lowkey aging like milk. Still good but I skip if it comes on my shuffle lol. 

Of all Twice members why is Chaeyoung being promoted to these fashion events?

 

She's the least interesting to look at

8 hours ago, Mel. said:

what a ****** up thing to say, weirdo :biblio:

she's not inarticulate at all, she's actually very smart

ever stopped to think it's because of the language barrier dummy?

 

English is not her 1st language even if she's pretty fluent 

she still thinks in Korean and clearly expresses herself better when speaking in Korean 

she even says in that very interview that she gets nervous speaking in English 

 

on the plus side, she's grown leaps speaking in English 

get off her dick.

 

7 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

I'm multilingual, and this is a common problem for us. We can express ourselves in English better in writing, but when it's time to speak, we find it difficult not to speak in our own dialect. That's why we oversimplify our words, otherwise there would be a lot of "ummmms" in between words. It's also why our responses to conversations / questions are very basic. 

 

okay... English is not my first language too so I don't understand all this patronizing :eatpopcorn:

 

in fact her English is actually better than mine

 

it's all about making the conversation fun adding a lot of unheard info and trying to expand the answer beyond a couple basic sentences 

it's an elle magazine interview, it's not buzzfeed. you should at least TRY to make it interesting and worth people's time, even if you're shy, that's still your job

 

giving interviews is a skill that needs to be worked on, the more effort you put into it, the better you are at it

but again she doesn't even put effort performing on stage so it's unfair of me to expect better at something else 

 

as I said before, I feel like this is a kpop problem in general so I'm not dying on this hill

Edited by Tomek

 

 

 

 

 

my most played songs of the year. they call me a 4th gen gg ho :WAP:

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

 

okay... English is not my first language too so I don't understand all this patronizing :eatpopcorn:

 

in fact her English is actually better than mine

 

it's all about making the conversation fun adding a lot of unheard info and trying to expand the answer beyond a couple basic sentences 

it's an elle magazine interview, it's not buzzfeed. you should at least TRY to make it interesting and worth people's time, even if you're shy, that's still your job

 

giving interviews is a skill that needs to be worked on, the more effort you put into it, the better you are at it

but again she doesn't even put effort performing on stage so it's unfair of me to expect better at something else 

 

as I said before, I feel like this is a kpop problem in general so I'm not dying on this hill

How was I being patronizing? I just pointed out a potential weakness of a bilingual/ multilingual person...

 

Also, Jennie's responses are not even the problem, it was her composure and confidence. You can tell she's very shy when being interviewed and it doesn't help that they barely do any interviews throughout their career, so she doesn't even have a lot of opportunities to improve that skill. 

 

Plus, it looks like your problem with Jennie doesn't end with this interview, like what's with the passive aggressiveness towards her between paragraphs??

5 hours ago, ZENO said:

 

This is HEAVEN.

Oh wow, this is how I imagined Kep1er would debut tbh :jonny2: But it's okay, they redeemed themselves with MVSK & Up! :heart:

21 hours ago, Tomek said:

period

every idol looks better without whitening filter 

And ugly ass makeup for men

15 minutes ago, Zack said:

 

They are skinny :/ helpfully Joy isn't starving herself 

 

Cute. They said the title track is a remake of H.O.T's Candy

Edited by Blank Space

Secret Number's Tap is TERRIBLE imo. The teaser was so promising BUT their side B is amazing (as usual). Their side B always SERVE but the title tracks themselves tend to be a little underwhelming. Anyways, Doomchita doubled their previous release sales. I hope they can match Doomchita or surpass it somehow

3 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Of all Twice members why is Chaeyoung being promoted to these fashion events?

 

She's the least interesting to look at

Spill it lol

37 minutes ago, Blank Space said:

 

Cute. They said the title track is remake of H.O.T's Candy

3 cb this year for the dreamies :heart:

 

Did SM shelved 127 repackage?  :psyduck:

24 minutes ago, DelRey said:

3 cb this year for the dreamies :heart:

 

Did SM shelved 127 repackage?  :psyduck:

 

It's probably postponed. 

22 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Happy birthday to The Garam Angel :clap3:

 

It's pretty funny and iconic that the villainess of Korea is promoted in the city on her birthday :dies:  

An innocent it-girl I fear, and her comeback to the industry in a few years will be iconic :clap3:

Lmao it's kinda shocking that even though she was barely active for 2 weeks and a national scandal she managed to get a following big enough to get her a freaking billboard for her birthday :deadbanana:

 

I know people here like to push the narrative that she didn't bring anything to the group but I disagree. She was much better and more charismatic on stage than Sakura and Eunchae and had arguably the best tone in the goup, her parts in Blue Flame and Sour Grapes sound the best. 

 

 

She has that efortless cool factor when she performs. Was their biggest shot at an it-girl definitely. As amazing as Chaewon and Yunjin are they are sadly getting Jihyo'd, and Kazuha is a foreginer, it remains to be seen if she will pull a Sana or not. 

 

Oh well, too bad the kabuki and her gang were out to get her 

4 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

 

87k capacity venue :clap3:

 

I’m not surprised, they’re the QUEENS of Asia :clap3: 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.