Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

On 6/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, Godly said:

Yeah but as you point out, everything was set for Rare to be that moment for her but it got wasted on mid music and a non-existing era. The follow-up music was also not strikingly personal the way LYTLM was and that was the key for the song's success. I don't think any of her next music is going to be closely tied to her private life in the way that song is ever again, which is why I don't know if it's going to have anything to do with her documentary. And that's fine as long as it's interesting and well-crafted music that stands out anyway, like Good For You was

Also, going back to the documentary, I was thinking that if it was supposed to be dropping around her birthday and be a way to celebrate her 30th it would have a different title than the rumored one, so maybe it's indeed going to be unrelated. Who knows though, so much is up in the air :michael:

Rare era started so well. LYTLM/ LAHN ahhhh what a moment... but then, she chose Rare as second single and the AMA's happened. Boom era done.
When she finally dropped the album the hype was no where to be found. Eh, when you think  about that, Rare was lucky to get that #1. 

I hope  the Doc is emotional, raw and relatable.

And the Album, a warm, sexy and fun welcome to her new age. To a new Selena.

:gaycat3:

Edited by La Luna

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, StarsAllAligned said:

And yeah I exaggerated the interview a bit :devil: still she served 10/10 energy and personality and should bring it to the rest of her interviews instead of the overtly serious monotone ones she’s given in the past.

I also loved it tbh :clap3:

Anyway, would y'all prefer if the documentary premiered on a streaming service right away around/on her birthday next month or if it premiered at an important festival, such as Venice, Telluride and Toronto in September?

Edited by Godly

8 hours ago, StarsAllAligned said:

Okay the Kimmel interview was literally perfect, that’s the energy I wanted for the roundtable @Godly

She was glowing and served personality, one of her best in recent memory. Also the look, the long curly ponytail is probably now one of my favorites ever and I hope it replaces the bun and becomes a signature for her because :jonny5:

No, It's true, it's true. She served beauty and charisma.

Also, the energy and chemistry between the trio? ahhhh soooo amazing.

The whole time i was thinking: " wow imagine they hosting the Oscars"

:jonny5:

Edited by La Luna

36 minutes ago, Godly said:

Anyway, would y'all prefer if the documentary premiered on a streaming service right away around/on her birthday next month or if it premiered at an important festival, such as Venice, Telluride and Toronto in September?

At this point I'll take it which way I can get it lmao. Preferably the timing correlates with the album though and since I don't believe it's coming on her birthday the chance of the latter option happening looks more realistic to me. 

I LOVED the Interview. 

Not submitting Selena for her SNL Hosting makes sense to dont split her chances with Comedy Actress since its both individual nomination but wtf happened with selena+chef like…. I dont get it

anyway, lets focus on the positive. SO excited for OMITB Season 2, i think theyre playing their cards rights and their chemistry only get better and better it screams iconic and memorable show for me if it keeps up like this. 

Edited by Selegend

The Jimmy interview is great, very funny. She looks confortable with her co-stars.

The only "negative" (not really negative anyway) side is that Martin literally shines while Selena seems more shy. But it's ok, everyone has a different temperament. They're funny together and they seems close, not just for the show.

Great look and make up, finally. 

2 hours ago, Godly said:

I think if they plan on releasing it close to when festivals are happening then I would love a premiere at a festival but if not then on the platform right away. 

World Mental Health Day is October 10, and the closest (and relevant) festival would be New York Film Festival (Sept 30 - Oct 16). Then there is Telluride, Venice and Toronto. October could be a nice month to release the album too, which goes well with a potential July release of the lead. Only downside is that there would not be many time left for promo if she starts filming S3 in December again, only the month of November. Maybe she does AMAs again lol

On 6/16/2022 at 2:42 AM, SelHemsworth said:

the doc screening is starting now :gaycat6: 

I guess since people signed NDAs we won’t get anything. 

Wait what the doc is real ?! i seriously though it was a hoax 

In my opinion for Selena "less is better" in recent years.

She makes less projects especially acting projects in a/ONE year. She did many movies and projects in 2012/2013 or 2015/2016. Now she will probably shoot one movie (In The Shadow) this year. 

She choses quality over quantity. And all her projects are successful (Rare Beauty, OMITB, Selena +Chef) and /or acclaimed (Revelacion, OMITB) instead or releasing many stuff but flopping or bad.

Idk if this is a strategy of her team or not. 

I don't think they'll shoot In The Shadow this year. No other cast news besides Selena and the director came. It's probably still on pre-production and fundraiser

Frontrunner for what exactly? Cause she is not even a frontrunner for a nomination. That account either chose the wrong word, straight up lied or just does not know how it works. Let’s hope nobody uses that tweet to drag her

Edited by MALAMENTE

season 2 reviews coming this week.

i wonder what other type of promo they’ll do this week. Guessing maybe another talk show or two. Hope we get a premiere in NY. Maybe that will be next Monday.

Edited by jxbuggie

2 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

season 2 reviews coming this week.

i wonder what other type of promo they’ll do this week. Guessing maybe another talk show or two. Hope we get a premiere in NY. Maybe that will be next Monday.

What more talk shows are there in LA? Kelly, James Corden… Maybe they do those since they didn’t for S1 and then if they go to NYC they do Fallon and daytime shows like Kelly & Ryan and GMA. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

Im nervous for the reviews :gaycat6:

i want a +90% on rotten tomatoes to keep consistent with the 1season

imagine another 100% lmao the slayage 

but anything solid like above 80% its fine for me

2 hours ago, Selegend said:

Im nervous for the reviews :gaycat6:

i want a +90% on rotten tomatoes to keep consistent with the 1season

imagine another 100% lmao the slayage 

but anything solid like above 80% its fine for me

RottenTomatoes isn’t everything anyways, it’s just the % of people that have the same opinion. Metacritic is a better way of measuring things. If S2 manages to surpass the score of the first season it will be a win 

Chile... Emmys Comedy categories are the strongest by far this year huh

Hacks and Ted Lasso strong as usual, there's Barry too, Abbott  Elementary is gaining momentum and OMITB is, you know, TABS lol.

Tbh i'm confident that the serie  will get a  nice amount of noms, but idk about about the wins.

Ughh i just hope omitb won't go home empty handed. There's no way, right? 

"The Boy from 6B" episode alone, shows how much of  a masterpiece omitb is.  

:jonny:

Edited by La Luna

Hey guys! i bring AMAZING news!

Rare's Beuty Chief Digital Officer Mehdi Mehdi posted this screenshot on his LinkedIn:

Yep, that means that Rare Beauty sold more than Fenty Beauty on April's 2022 in the United States. #3 Overall and #1 Celeb Brand. 

wow. :wanda::wanda: INSANE!!!!!!! a smash brand! 

also, brazilian's regulatory agency just registered all of rare beauty products and even 3 new ones. Latin America coming soon! 

and also, selenators please be smart before talking about fenty beauty, it's a consolidated and loved brand.

let's focus on rare beauty's major success, not that it was bigger than fenty in a specific month. the direct comparision i only did here at selena's base. 

not on a bait thread. 

this goes for twitter too.. 

That’s great, im very happy although we should note that it is EMV which is not the same as like money earned 

Edited by MALAMENTE

More relevant reviews like Indiewire and Rolling Stone are also out and they’re all positive. Some say its not as good as the first one but that its still good! And others say its as good as the first one, but ALL positive till now! 

Edit: and i oop- just saw one that said is better than s1. So we have all kind of opinions but yeah, ALLLL positive. :wanda:

21 minutes ago, aquababy said:

somehow she always wins

dn3EyYK.gif

Yeah she does. Rare beauty and OMITB are major career wins and highlights for her 

Edited by Selegend

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.